Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Yeah, I relized that, see my second edit.

SO I guess Ill have to go looking around my local metal shops and see what prices are.

anyways you can use http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/ and swills plate tool to make some simple cad plate files. that is what I used to make the plates for this 40% as well as @Vitalius' keyboards with.

they family that was cut together

K3iy57p.jpg

lN0Em2k.jpg

as well as some little two switch plates that I have not done anything with yet.

Fc5BRGi.jpg

anyways you can use http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/ and swills plate tool to make some simple cad plate files. that is what I used to make the plates for this 40% as well as @Vitalius' keyboards with.

K3iy57p.jpg

lN0Em2k.jpg

as well as some little two switch plates that I have not done anything with yet.

Fc5BRGi.jpg

I remembered we have a family friend who owns a machining shop, but it looks like they mostly make ball bearings

http://www.auburnbearing.com/index.php

EDIT: looks like with thoes sites I cant do a split layout

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My biggest problem would be finding an apporpriate plate, or finding a way to make one.

I want a split keyboard, so Im not sure how I would get a plate for the switches

Just makes me think you should just bite the bullet and get a a ergo dox again.

I remembered we have a family friend who owns a machining shop, but it looks like they mostly make ball bearings

http://www.auburnbearing.com/index.php

EDIT: looks like with thoes sites I cant do a split layout

I got mine laser cut a little while ago. I used Swills plate generator and sent the files to the laser cutters. The plate cost me £30 for an 80% layout including shipping!

I got mine laser cut a little while ago. I used Swills plate generator and sent the files to the laser cutters. The plate cost me £30 for an 80% layout including shipping!

That's not bad at all. Where did you get it from?

Nvm, probably somewhere in UK from your currency.

I think I found a good looking local place

http://smidgensinc.com

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That's not bad at all. Where did you get it from?

Nvm, probably somewhere in UK from your currency.

I think I found a good looking local place

http://smidgensinc.com

I got it cut using this company: http://www.lasermaster.co.uk/

They werent the best price but they were the best quality out of the ones I tried.

Realistically, you just need a place that can cut thin metal. Its 1.5mm thick, most laser cutters will be able to do this. Also quite a few of them also do paint coating too!

I got it cut using this company: http://www.lasermaster.co.uk/

They werent the best price but they were the best quality out of the ones I tried.

Realistically, you just need a place that can cut thin metal. Its 1.5mm thick, most laser cutters will be able to do this. Also quite a few of them also do paint coating too!

OK, and what kind of metal should it be, aluminum or steel?

it can be either. The problem with aluminum is it tends to flex a little more but seeing as you plan to do a smaller split setup its fine. My plates I had cut out of stainless steel.

it can be either. The problem with aluminum is it tends to flex a little more but seeing as you plan to do a smaller split setup its fine. My plates I had cut out of stainless steel.

OK, I'll see what the prices are.

I realized for that layout maker, I can do a split by just doing to layouts

I have got a plates made in both. I found that steel was the better of the two because the aluminium came quite scratched on the surface as it marks fairly easily and it needed to be flattened as it had a slight curve on it.

I have got a plates made in both. I found that steel was the better of the two because the aluminium came quite scratched on the surface as it marks fairly easily and it needed to be flattened as it had a slight curve on it.

OK, I'll ask the people at the laser cutting place what the prices would be, and what kind of metal they would recommend

K3iy57p.jpg

lN0Em2k.jpg

Fc5BRGi.jpg

What do you think of this layout, did I change to much?

Left half:

post-53826-0-60271000-1447202735.png

Right:

post-53826-0-40312900-1447202746.png

What do you think of this layout, did I change to much?

Left half:

attachicon.gifleft.png

Right:

attachicon.gifright.png

I think you are never going to find a space bar that shape and I have not idea how the plate builder tool would interpret it since it is far from a standard key cap size. other then that it looks like you missed some of the f keys

I think you are never going to find a space bar that shape and I have not idea how the plate builder tool would interpret it since it is far from a standard key cap size. other then that it looks like you missed some of the f keys

Yeah, but I want some sort of bigger space bar.

What do you mean some f keys? Like what?

I mean, there are ones on the numbers I was to lazy to put in

Yeah, but I want some sort of bigger space bar.

What do you mean some f keys? Like what?

I mean, there are ones on the numbers I was to lazy to put in

what do I mean... you don't have the f1-5 keys lol

Anyways ya but there are not keys that you can get like that so you would have to be having custom caps made and that would be far from cheap or the other option would be do something like the ergo dox does and have a rotated cluster or something

what do I mean... you don't have the f1-5 keys lol

Anyways ya but there are not keys that you can get like that so you would have to be having custom caps made and that would be far from cheap or the other option would be do something like the ergo dox does and have a rotated cluster or something

Oh i did...

I must have screenshoted a one one.

I have those now.

Yeah, I'll see what works best. I'll have to play around with physical keycaps.

I was going for a space bar like on the Mattias ergo pro, but yeah, that will be impossible.

Oh i did...

I must have screenshoted a one one.

I have those now.

Yeah, I'll see what works best. I'll have to play around with physical keycaps.

I was going for a space bar like on the Mattias ergo pro, but yeah, that will be impossible.

I've seen keys in a similar shape; only they came out of a Signature Plastics grab bag, so they make them on special orders, but you'll have a hard time finding someone that got one and is willing to part with it. You could try an ISO enter if you can deal with the L shape sticking out.

I've seen keys in a similar shape; only they came out of a Signature Plastics grab bag, so they make them on special orders, but you'll have a hard time finding someone that got one and is willing to part with it. You could try an ISO enter if you can deal with the L shape sticking out.

Yeah, i was just thinking about using an iso enter.

I use MX Blues for gaming #thug life.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

@Ajaz what it with all those periods? mind removing them?

I made some changes

post-53826-0-70479700-1447379426.pngpost-53826-0-14679700-1447379436.png

any one have any suggestions for easy mods i can do to my k70rgb mx Brown to make it really pop? (whilst staying within the blue theme i have)

mods like: keycaps, o-rings and other Things that will flow well. (maybe wrapping the base plate in Blue 3M chrome wrap? if its not too difficult)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Any major problems with my layout?

And should I make the left enter, caps lock, ect be 1.5u or 2u?