Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

tg3 data911?

Yeah, along with a data911 m5 computer.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have never looked into the computers but my keyboard was a data911

started something like this (not my image)

8cIy1RD.jpg

and ended up like this

0oNly33.jpg

Hey I contributed those usb cables!

8cIy1RD.jpg

and ended up like this

0oNly33.jpg

Cool.

I'm also getting another keyboard with it, I don't know if it's mechanical. I'll see.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

8cIy1RD.jpg

and ended up like this

0oNly33.jpg

well i got back, and the keyboard isnt in the box. The guy is looking to see if he can find it;

well i got back, and the keyboard isnt in the box. The guy is looking to see if he can find it;

well good luck with that but they can usually be bought off eBay in the $25-30 + shipping range

well good luck with that but they can usually be bought off eBay in the $25-30 + shipping range

I dont really like MX blacks anyway. Hopefully the guy can find it.

I already have 3 mechanical keyboard though, my Apple Adjustable, my compaq mx brown keyboard, and my IBM model M

Good news, he had the keyboard, along with another. I now have two of them

Interesting:

One keyboard has a brushed metal back, the otheer just has regular metal.

One has rubber domes over the keys, the other has more of a rubber jacket.

Interesting:

One keyboard has a brushed metal back, the otheer just has regular metal.

One has rubber domes over the keys, the other has more of a rubber jacket.

mine had a brushed black back on it. They have a spill guard on the keyboards so that water and stuff doesn't get in to the keys it gives them an odd feel.

mine had a brushed black back on it. They have a spill guard on the keyboards so that water and stuff doesn't get in to the keys it gives them an odd feel.

Mine had two different spill guards.

And one is about 1-2lb heavier.

And one has MX grey for space bar

I have 2 MX Grey switches around here somewhere as well as a MX Lock switch...

I had a decent rubber spill guard on mine but no grey switch so I would guess that one is older then mine was.

Oh if you like the layout but want a non shit one check out the deck82

I had a decent rubber spill guard on mine but no grey switch so I would guess that one is older then mine was.

Oh if you like the layout but want a non shit one check out the deck82

Will I just took off the rubber stiff, feels better now

My two new keyboards:
DSCF6545.jpgDSCF6547.jpgDSCF6552.jpgDSCF6553.jpg

For some reason, the one on the right is:
Brighter

heavier

different back metal

different mouse clicks

different PCB

different sound

My two new keyboards:

DSCF6545.jpgDSCF6547.jpgDSCF6552.jpgDSCF6553.jpg

For some reason, the one on the right is:

Brighter

heavier

different back metal

different mouse clicks

different PCB

different sound

They were more then likely made years apart. I assume the one with a gray switch is the older one still.

They were more then likely made years apart. I assume the one with a gray switch is the older one still.

probably.

After some time with this keyboard, i cant do it.

The keys are too short, ecpecialy backpace. I cant do this layout at all. But I like blacks better than i did about 1.5 years ago.

probably.

After some time with this keyboard, i cant do it.

The keys are too short, ecpecialy backpace. I cant do this layout at all. But I like blacks better than i did about 1.5 years ago.

ya takes some time to get used to the odd layout but it isnt that bad the main problem is you cant find keycaps really

ya takes some time to get used to the odd layout but it isnt that bad the main problem is you cant find keycaps really

I might end up making my own keyboard with the parts, still not sure what I want to do and what exact switch I want to use. I have plenty of spare blacks now, and one keyboard of browns

I might end up making my own keyboard with the parts, still not sure what I want to do and what exact switch I want to use. I have plenty of spare blacks now, and one keyboard of browns

making a keyboard if fun and getting switched that way is cheaper then buying new switches my 40% uses mx blue switched from a monoprice keyboard that I got for free because it was broken.

I think im going to give using this 40% as my main keyboard for a bit.

lN0Em2k.jpg

I cut down my temporary screw standoffs so it is at a better height and it still needs some work on the layout but I have been using it for the last few days with out that much of a problem

making a keyboard if fun and getting switched that way is cheaper then buying new switches my 40% uses mx blue switched from a monoprice keyboard that I got for free because it was broken.

I think im going to give using this 40% as my main keyboard for a bit.

lN0Em2k.jpg

I cut down my temporary screw standoffs so it is at a better height and it still needs some work on the layout but I have been using it for the last few days with out that much of a problem

My biggest problem would be finding an apporpriate plate, or finding a way to make one.

I want a split keyboard, so Im not sure how I would get a plate for the switches

My biggest problem would be finding an apporpriate plate, or finding a way to make one.

I want a split keyboard, so Im not sure how I would get a plate for the switches

more then likely you would that to find a place that would be willing to cut you a plate at a decent price and for something like that it may be cheaper to do it out of plastic and there are some tricks to getting a usable plate that way by stacking layers and stuff like that

more then likely you would that to find a place that would be willing to cut you a plate at a decent price and for something like that it may be cheaper to do it out of plastic and there are some tricks to getting a usable plate that way by stacking layers and stuff like that

Hmm...

I dont even know what kind of place to go to for that.

And I would probably need to give them detailed 3d drawings or something.

EDIT:

also, how do you go up on your keyboard? You have no up arrow.

EDIT2:

Unless thoes are not actualy arrow keys, just placeholders

Hmm...

I dont even know what kind of place to go to for that.

And I would probably need to give them detailed 3d drawings or something.

EDIT:

also, how do you go up on your keyboard? You have no up arrow.

well that isnt a problem seeing as none of those keys are even arrow keys lol. Anyways If i hit the right arrow it will toggle a layer that has zsxc szxc as my arrow keys. I can also get to them by holding caps lock or left arrow.

well that isnt a problem seeing as none of those keys are even arrow keys lol. Anyways If i hit the right arrow it will toggle a layer that has zsxc szxc as my arrow keys. I can also get to them by holding caps lock or left arrow.

Yeah, I relized that, see my second edit.

SO I guess Ill have to go looking around my local metal shops and see what prices are.