Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

do the contacts look corroded or anything? I cant tell from the images. I never tested the switches with a multimeter when I had the keyboard since that would have meant buying a new one or driving 30+ minutes to get one so maybe it isn't the switched but something else. It is hard to say since the keyboard did seem to work after I replaced the switches at least for a bit. There is also the chance that you opened the one switch I desoldered from the numpad then accidentally mixed into the bad switches that forced me to desolder another lol.

Dust can heavily affect the switches performance and operation. This is the downfall of Alps. That switch looks ok to me so I would look at the leafs and rebend them. After enough presses they wear out.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

do the contacts look corroded or anything? I cant tell from the images. I never tested the switches with a multimeter when I had the keyboard since that would have meant buying a new one or driving 30+ minutes to get one so maybe it isn't the switched but something else. It is hard to say since the keyboard did seem to work after I replaced the switches at least for a bit. There is also the chance that you opened the one switch I desoldered from the numpad then accidentally mixed into the bad switches that forced me to desolder another lol.

Looks fine to me.

I'll check the other switches with a multimeter today, as I have a multimeter now

What pins do I check? Why are there 4?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

hhkb came into the mail today... been misstyping a bunch.... but i think i'll be able to get used to it... love the feel of topre. am glad i got it. also the leather wrist wrest from elitekeyboards.com is worlds better than the ducky one..

I used to own the either ones from elite keyboards. They are quality but I don't think they are wide enough at only 3.5in.i had to space mine away from the keyboard a bit which worked alright. But not great. The wrist rest is pretty slide so I suggest that you buy some egrips and put them on the bottom and it'll keep it right where you want it.

I kinda wish that optimius mini 3 /6 were available (depending on  the cost) : http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

You can get their mini keyboard skill.... it seems really cool. but awfully expensive. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

• 2 weeks later...

Have @Charger build you one of my ergo dox's ;)

No but seriously I will probably be putting up two of my original ErgoDox kits this week at some point.

lol 

it would be cheaper but not a cool... and we all know what matters.... 

your not the only one we know that has done that.

Im sure we will see some nice photos of the switches. The only reason he bought it was to mess with the switches themselves lol

ill get some pics up in time. Currently my work area for keyboards doesnt exist.

Yeah, but it is still pretty cool

http://matias.ca/ergopro/pc/viewer/?1

IDK how i would like ergodox, i like the oversized spacebar of my Apple (and the matias)

Im not sure how I would like the layout too, its deffinatly diffferent

ErgoDox can have any layout you want that is why you get a programmable board...

Ducky Shine Mini - I needed desk space back badly. Taking a bit to get used to the arrow keys, but so far worth it.

Ducky Shine Mini - I needed desk space back badly. Taking a bit to get used to the arrow keys, but so far worth it.

Good choice! What switches did you get?

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

@TheProfoist

What do you think of the HHKB drop ? https://www.massdrop.com/buy/hhkb-cnc-aluminum-case/talk

I mean its interesting and is the first of its kind. I think its a bit odd how they did it though. Like the switch tops are cut in.

I mean its interesting and is the first of its kind. I think its a bit odd how they did it though. Like the switch tops are cut in.

looks too brickish for my liking but still cool.

I think im finaly going to do it, and for real this time.

Im going to get a Matias Ergo Pro is about a week, when my paypal money is avalible.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I think im finaly going to do it, and for real this time.

Im going to get a Matias Ergo Pro is about a week, when my paypal money is avalible.

not an ergodox?

not an ergodox?

To expensive/different layout/not matias switches

To expensive/different layout/not matias switches

EDox has any layout you want (said that a couple times)

No many people want the matias switches due to lack of keycap compatibility.

I think I would get one if it preserved the HHKB geometry... kinda shitty how Massdrop did it. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I think I would get one if it preserved the HHKB geometry... kinda shitty how Massdrop did it.

is it massdrop that is making it? I thought they just got products made by other people to sell.

is it massdrop that is making it? I thought they just got products made by other people to sell.

I think its massdrop designed. 

What did they change?

Did they? Seems unlike them... Probably some Chinese company. I don't think it's mistakemistake who was the only one with plans to me one. I could try to prod and ask.

EDox has any layout you want (said that a couple times)

No many people want the matias switches due to lack of keycap compatibility.

I mean the physical, grid type layout

I mean the physical, grid type layout

Tis a better layout I wish more boards were non-staggered. There was that one 40% @Charger knows... I'd grab a 60% one of those.

Tis a better layout I wish more boards were non-staggered. There was that one 40% @Charger knows... I'd grab a 60% one of those.

Maby.

But can the ergo dox - tilt and tent?

And I don't want to spend 250$

Actually doing some research I might consider ergodox. Looks like the massdrop one (if it comes back) works with matias .

Maby.

But can the ergo dox - tilt and tent?

And I don't want to spend 250$

the magic of the ergodox is you can make anything to put under it to make it sit how you want. If you look around you can find people that have done that already.

Actually doing some research I might consider ergodox. Looks like the massdrop one (if it comes back) works with matias .

Ya I thought one of them worked with the matias switches.

the magic of the ergodox is you can make anything to put under it to make it sit how you want. If you look around you can find people that have done that already.

Ya I thought one of them worked with the matias switches.

I'll have to see if that comes back to massdrop. Probably will soon