Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

hello guys..Im planning on buy a mechanical keyboard..but i am newbie and know almost nothing about the mkb..can u guys suggest a brand or model for me? I want keyboard with cool LED features and macro function..my budget is around 120usd.thx masta

*** Core i5 4670k - MSI z87 GD45 - Sapphire Vapor X HD7950 - Corsair H100i - NZXT Phantom 410 - Dell 23'' U2312HM - Blackwidow Ultimate - G502 Proteus Core - Siberia v2 Frost Blue*** 

Is this a good place to ask people for Mechanical Keyboard Suggestions?

if so...

I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard, preferably Cherry MX Brown, backlit, and not tenkeyless. I'm not interested in Macro's but if they're there I can live with them just fine, or maybe setup some actual macros.

I'm also really in need of an audio port on keyboard, but can compromise if there are options without it.

Is this a good place to ask people for Mechanical Keyboard Suggestions?

if so...

I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard, preferably Cherry MX Brown, backlit, and not tenkeyless. I'm not interested in Macro's but if they're there I can live with them just fine, or maybe setup some actual macros.

Roccat Ryos MK Pro w/ Brown's? I dont know if thats your thing but it s a decent board.

Im considering selling mine to slim down my collection as I have too many boards that arnt being used.

Roccat Ryos MK Pro w/ Brown's? I dont know if thats your thing but it s a decent board.

Im considering selling mine to slim down my collection as I have too many boards that arnt being used.

Looks nice, but it's way too big for my desk, unless the wrist wrest was detachable. 

I also really like the Backlighting though, so euhuegh.

Looks nice, but it's way too big for my desk, unless the wrist wrest was detachable. 

I also really like the Backlighting though, so euhuegh.

nope its not but its really nice wrist rest since it so big. the wider ones are far nicer once you get used to them since they are actually a wrist rest vs a technically a palm rest.

nope its not but its really nice wrist rest since it so big. the wider ones are far nicer once you get used to them since they are actually a wrist rest vs a technically a palm rest.

I just looked on their website and looked at the dimensions. So the keyboard would kinda squeeze in on my desk, so yay!

Thanks for the suggestion, definitely interested now, but still really want the k70's build.

My Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry MX Blue Switches arrived this morning; loving it so far, but I failed to anticipate how loud it would be, for the next few months I'll be using it in the room below my parents' bedroom before I move back out so I hope I don't keep them awake at night :/

Great keyboard though! :D

My Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry MX Blue Switches arrived this morning; loving it so far, but I failed to anticipate how loud it would be, for the next few months I'll be using it in the room below my parents' bedroom before I move back out so I hope I don't keep them awake at night :/

Great keyboard though! :D

Good choice.  Great keyboards.   I own a few of them. 

Good choice.  Great keyboards.   I own a few of them. 

Thanks, been clicking away on it all day doing my essay today. Sometimes though the "S" key after pushing it rises up slowly though, any idea why this is and what I can do to fix it? Also, do the pinging noises go away, my "a" key makes that noise! :S

Thanks, been clicking away on it all day doing my essay today. Sometimes though the "S" key after pushing it rises up slowly though, any idea why this is and what I can do to fix it? Also, do the pinging noises go away, my "a" key makes that noise! :S

That's weird about the S key. I've had some mx-blues not click before, but not rise back up slow.  Try re-seating the key cap and spam the the key.

As far as the ping.  The only thing that will help is opening up the case and putting some shelf liner, or thin foam sheet in the bottom of the case.

Like this

9860854833_cfac69356f_o.jpg

10197648395_044a2bc8a3_o.jpg

I just looked on their website and looked at the dimensions. So the keyboard would kinda squeeze in on my desk, so yay!

Thanks for the suggestion, definitely interested now, but still really want the k70's build.

Well let me know if you want one :P ill give you a good deal on mine ;)

Why do ppl keep on quoting pictures it hurts my brain.

[I will never die.]

Well let me know if you want one :P ill give you a good deal on mine ;)

I'll be in the market either in June or Augest, 'till then I'm buying PC upgrades, then I'll be broke and will need to save up or something.

And really, I am interested in buying it off of you if it's a good deal and isn't destroyed or semi-functional.

I'll be in the market either in June or Augest, 'till then I'm buying PC upgrades, then I'll be broke and will need to save up or something.

And really, I am interested in buying it off of you if it's a good deal and isn't destroyed or semi-functional.

Well contact me when you think you can buy it or a bit before. It in perfect like new condition. I have only used it for a couple of months at best.

My current computer is a laptop with no PS/2 port, so I can't use it anymore but I still have it.

The left control key needs a new switch and the Z and X keys feel loose(but still work completely).

The black wire is the original AT connector cord. I patches in one of the PS/2 cables from an older broken keyboard.

PHOTO_20130406_174456_crop.jpg

PHOTO_20130404_222637.jpg

PHOTO_20130406_174625_crop.jpg

PHOTO_20130406_174534_crop.jpg

PHOTO_20130406_174914_crop.jpg

PHOTO_20130404_222252_crop.jpg

I've just joined the mechanical keyboard club for the first time! :) I've got myself a Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire TK with Chery MX Blue switches. I'm still getting used to how they feel, but so far I feel like my typing is definitely faster! I love the backlight with the blue backplate, it really makes it glow nicely :) I didn't realise just how loud the keys would be... I don't think I'll be able to post on the forum at night when my family is asleep, I'll more than likely wake them up :/ 

Also some of the keys, when pressed, have a pinging sound to them, like there are springs underneath. It's especially bad in the keys near the space bar. Anyone know if the board just needs to break in and then it will go away? 

post-42902-0-30995200-1397561262_thumb.j

post-42902-0-92872400-1397561268_thumb.j

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

AT Mr Tomnus, welcome to the club dude! :)

I'm joining the mechanical keyboard club for the 23rd time! Just got myself a KBT Pure Pro Cherry Blue with green LED, love the size! Here's a pic of it with a DK9087 which is a TKL keyboard:

20140415_172307_zps57ab1168.jpg

Here's one of it lit up:

20140415_172847_zps4ec140fc.jpg

Here's one of it on my desk, since the LED in my case is RGB, I simply chose green to match the keyboard:

20140415_172952_zpsa5100f80.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

In a word, "NO!" Razer is just trying to sell a cheaper switch as the 'gaming switch', don't fall for their marketing BS....

Now, it is not the marketing bullshit anymore. It is total chaos for mechanical keyboard, words are on the street that big shots such as CM, Steelseries and possibly Ducky and Filco are developing their own switch. 

Now, it is not the marketing bullshit anymore. It is total chaos for mechanical keyboard, words are on the street that big shots such as CM, Steelseries and possibly Ducky and Filco are developing their own switch. 

The difference is, I trust Ducky and Filco to actually develop a good switch.

PS: Until someone invents a mechanical switch whose actuation point is bottoming out, there will be no true gaming mechanical switches.

PS: Until someone invents a mechanical switch whose actuation point is bottoming out, there will be no true gaming mechanical switches.

I thought 1/2 the point in mech. over membrane was that you don't have to bottom out so it reduces strain.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

-snip-

huh? why would you want it to actuate there? you can already bottom out a mech board all you want and actuate. Why would you specifically want the actuation point at the bottom?

I thought 1/2 the point in mech. over membrane was that you don't have to bottom out so it reduces strain.

Mech keyboards are for typing, not gaming. So the "point" of a mech keyboard does not necessarily coincide with gaming.

huh? why would you want it to actuate there? you can already bottom out a mech board all you want and actuate. Why would you specifically want the actuation point at the bottom?

Tactile feedback and timing.

AT Mr Tomnus, welcome to the club dude! :)

I'm joining the mechanical keyboard club for the 23rd time! Just got myself a KBT Pure Pro Cherry Blue with green LED, love the size! Here's a pic of it with a DK9087 which is a TKL keyboard:

20140415_172307_zps57ab1168.jpg

Here's one of it lit up:

Here's one of it on my desk, since the LED in my case is RGB, I simply chose green to match the keyboard:

Dat little space bar

Dat little space bar

But it's so cute being so small! :wub: While I was at the shop, I was told that a Ducky Mini with LED should soon available........damn, I'm a sucker for Ducky, and this is the Mini I'd been waiting for for quite a while now. It;s an absolute certainty that I'd grab it as soon as it I is available.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

But it's so cute being so small! :wub: While I was at the shop, I was told that a Ducky Mini with LED should soon available........damn, I'm a sucker for Ducky, and this is the Mini I'd been waiting for for quite a while now. It;s an absolute certainty that I'd grab it as soon as it I is available.

I'm a sucker for aluminium made keyboard :(

Just ordered my Lightsaver v2...

ducky mini looks cute though, will it come in ANSI layout?