Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I didn't know about the scroll wheel o-o if the keys in the k70 are anything like the k95 then I'm fine with that because they felt good to me. Then again I'm not coming from a goods keyboard or good keycaps

I would find out whether or not the Corsair keyboard uses standard key caps or not. I know with the logitech G710+ you are limited do to the space bar not being a standard size its a funky size. So if you ever needed to purchase replacement caps the only place I've seen that sells them is maxkeyboard they have a universal kit. May with a corsair keyboard you could purchase different key caps. Personally for me if I wasn't one that used macro gamer keys that the 710+ supplies I would stick to a generic Ducky with PBT caps.

I think the Ctrl/although/spacebar row had irregular keys but having tried two corsair keyboards I wouldn't be replacing them. And I do agree with getting a ducky or other solid brand and putting on PBT key caps. The K70 I'm getting is for a combo of typing and gaming and for use when my sister goes to bed, but I'm looking at getting something like a ducky with blacks or blues and buying a good set of PBT caps to use as a typing board. I know some don't like blacks for typing but I find they feel more accurate when I tried them

Also I'm a sucker for Corsair's design :P

I have a Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013 which is my first mechanical keyboard. Not planning to change anytime soon. Tried out other keyboards like the k70 and the blackwidow stealth edition and so far i'm really liking Cherry MX blues. Planning to buy  some custom keycaps for the WASD. Maybe planning on getting some o-rings

uwotm8. Lookin at me sig. I'll shag yer nan

Saw this keyboard in the warehouse finds on mechanical keyboards.com cool variation of the ducky shine 2 what do you guys think?

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=872

Posted Image

I actually really like it alot! I domt know if any of you are on Geek Hack at all but it really fits their theme.

I actually really like it alot! I domt know if any of you are on Geek Hack at all but it really fits their theme.

I'm not but yea it is a interesting mix matching. They had a white and purple one as well but that one must of gone. I think this one is better to be honest. I'm normally not one that likes the orange LED but I think with this key cap  mix I may. 

I'm not but yea it is a interesting mix matching. They had a white and purple one as well but that one must of gone. I think this one is better to be honest. I'm normally not one that likes the orange LED but I think with this key cap mix I may.

I think the color combo it great if I had the money id grab it but the latest keyboard projects have drained me.

I am.  They just posted this in their vendors thread. I think Josh called it "ashes & Embers".    It looks pretty slick.

I am.  They just posted this in their vendors thread. I think Josh called it "ashes & Embers".    It looks pretty slick.

I'm on the precipice of going neck deep in this hobby of collecting/tinkering with keyboards. That keyboard is very nice looking.

Thinking this Ducky DK9000G2 is calling to me though >.>

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=813

large_813_KBFullV1.jpg

;;edit;;

Wow, that sold quickly t.t

Does anybody here have an experience with using a CM storm Mech? (the name of the keyboard not Mechanical Keyboards).

Does anybody here have an experience with using a CM storm Mech? (the name of the keyboard not Mechanical Keyboards).

Nope but it looks super bulky for no reason

I'm on the precipice of going neck deep in this hobby of collecting/tinkering with keyboards. That keyboard is very nice looking.

Thinking this Ducky DK9000G2 is calling to me though >.>

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=813

large_813_KBFullV1.jpg

;;edit;;

Wow, that sold quickly t.t

Yeah the DK9000 is a older model.  I actually liked it because it used a 104 instead of 108 key layout.

Nope but it looks super bulky for no reason

Thanks for the opinion, I guess i'll just have to go meka

A new teaser pic of the upcoming revised Ducky Mini :)

I didn't spy it over in the corner when I first saw the pic on fb.

Looks nice but I think it will be too small for me. Thinking about a 87 key. May see if I can sell my CM Storm QFTK. I don't really like the 10 key setup.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

Ducky reveals one of the Ducky mini's lighting modes

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Ducky reveals one of the Ducky mini's lighting modes

Ducky's keyboards remind me of those plastic laptops children got back in the day.

A new teaser pic of the upcoming revised Ducky Mini :)

-snip-

I saw this picture earlier today on facebook and then 30 min later here on LTT. Now I took another look at it and just realised the keyboard is in the top right corner of the picture.  :D

From the picture it looks like a plastic case but from the video it kind of looks like aluminium, not to sure though. Personally I hope for the aluminium case, my wallet on the other hand... doesn't...

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Razer-BlackWidow-Tournament.jpg

yaaaay just got it today :DD

btw its the cherry mx blues version not the "razer green" switch 

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

I saw this picture earlier today on facebook and then 30 min later here on LTT. Now I took another look at it and just realised the keyboard is in the top right corner of the picture.  :D

From the picture it looks like a plastic case but from the video it kind of looks like aluminium, not to sure though. Personally I hope for the aluminium case, my wallet on the other hand... doesn't...

If it's aluminum... I'm willing to pay for what would probably be a $200 keyboard. Would rather just pay it up front than mod it later.

I say this video minutes after I posted that picture.  Definitely looking forward to getting one,

I'm looking forward to this keyboard being my travel/on the go keyboard. I look forward to modding my Poker II, but the Ducky Mini just looks so.... adorable. And functional. I probably wouldn't change out those stock keycaps.

I just bought a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid 10 keyless mechanical keyboard (sorry for no picture!) I bought the Cherry MX Blue switch version and I love it. It was inexpensive and it fit my cramped work space perfectly. I had been looking into mechanical keyboards for a while but was not capable or flat did not want to pay a high premium for it; but I did not want "junk." After some time I stumbled upon the CM Storm (I was actually on StumbleUpon when it showed me a review of it) and I figured what the heck. I love it.

I just bought a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid 10 keyless mechanical keyboard (sorry for no picture!) I bought the Cherry MX Blue switch version and I love it. It was inexpensive and it fit my cramped work space perfectly. I had been looking into mechanical keyboards for a while but was not capable or flat did not want to pay a high premium for it; but I did not want "junk." After some time I stumbled upon the CM Storm (I was actually on StumbleUpon when it showed me a review of it) and I figured what the heck. I love it.

Good choice! :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition