Creator of Debian threatens suicide over police brutality

SIGSEGV

i had a friend do that same. like many others its hard to go though to feel the need/want to do that

he obviously had other mental problems if he did just for that reason

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

No clue who this guy is, but its never a good thing to see someone so high up in the tech industry pass :(

bc323ec01649ad8a3588fdf5bd129795.jpg

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i had a friend do that same. like many others its hard to go though to feel the need/want to do that

Same except I didn't know the person IRL. it was a very good steam friend for me.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Why does this have be posted on New Year lol

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Same except I didn't know the person IRL. it was a very good steam friend for me.

thats probably better then the person you sat with at lunch time every day

No clue who this guy is, but its never a good thing to see someone so high up in the tech industry pass :(

bc323ec01649ad8a3588fdf5bd129795.jpg

He's the man who made one of the most widely used Operating Systems in the world.  Debian. It's used everywhere from space stations to PCs.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

he obviously had other mental problems if he did just for that reason

I believe it was due to Police Brutality or something like that.

thats probably better then the person you sat with at lunch time every day

IDK how the fuck you cope.

And what did he solve with his death? Except hurting the people who loved him? Suicide isn't a solution.

Though someone should have been there for him, especially after those goddamn threats.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The guy clearly was dealing with some issues and seems very unstable. Blinding believing every claim he is making here without any proof would be incredibly ignorant.

IDK how the fuck you cope.

i just had to reason with it. i had to think of him, what he was thinking and why he did it, i just think about him and do his action in life to have him live on through me, time heals. its making me tear up just thinking about it right now.

Vague much.

Police Brutality

The guy clearly was dealing with some issues and seems very unstable. Blinding believing every claim he is making here without any proof would be incredibly ignorant.

I bet Tumblr is already convinced cops beat him up and sexually assaulted him.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What is Debain ? And what is it and how do people use it ? Also why haven't I heard of this?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

isn't this a repost of this http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/516650-creator-of-debian-threatens-suicide-over-police-brutality/page-3 ? anyway:

RIP Ian, you're achievement brought me my first experience with the Linux world, thanks to you i'm the computer geek that i am now and one of the many reasons i decided to go to university.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

What is Debain ? And what is it and how do people use it ? Also why haven't I heard of this?

It's the base of Ubuntu. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

i guess this was the year he decided to kill himself

maybe ill kms in 2016 too

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

(Spelled Debian) It's an OS which uses the Linux Kernel. Used on Space stations, military, consumers etc. It's free You haven't heard of this because most people don't know about it. IT's really for Power Users and not for people who are new to Linux.

isn't this a repost of this http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/516650-creator-of-debian-threatens-suicide-over-police-brutality/page-3 ? anyway:

RIP Ian, you're achievement brought me my first experience with the Linux world, thanks to you i'm the computer geek that i am now and one of the many reasons i decided to go to university.

Nope cos that was about how he was threatening to do it. Here he did it.

no meme lord pls

I used to be quite active here.

if linux was a tree, debian would be the biggest, largest branch of that tree. Debian is a linux distribution (that you can get over here), i would say the most popular distro since it's the base for many other distros out there

Debian_family_tree_11-06.png

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

he killed himself in 2015 though...

he killed himself in 2015 though...

maybe 2016 is the year ill kms

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"