Just thought I'd point his out...

Hi all,

After watching the (outdated) video of the whole room water cooling project, I thought I might point out that the outside radiator should be the outside part of an AC. Here is why:

1. Safer. Outside units can withstand dust,rain,corrosion and sand getting into it. Computer parts (fan, water pump etc. can't). Also, even tho it may run on 240V (TALKIN BOUT AUSTRALIA HERE! sorry America) it is much safer as it doesn't require a circuit board

2. Efficient. It uses less power than half of the fans and has a much bigger heat sink to be able to dissipate up to 2.3 KW!

3. Simplicity. All you would have to do to get it running is take out the compressor, a bit of plumbing and wiring (just soldering) and BOOM! ready to run! Also, they can be wall mounted with screws and not dangle off the top.

Please Bear in mind I'm talking about the kind in the picture.

Linus, Luke or any other person from Linus media group, please respond and tell me what you think of my idea.

@LinusTech, @Slick or @nicklmg

Cheers,

hman out

post-292995-0-54055700-1450528984.jpg

But it was outside? I think i'm missing somthing... 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

But they abandoned the project anyway...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

But it was outside? I think i'm missing somthing... 

he meant to use AC unit radiator instead of the normal computer ones, along with AC fan.

he meant to use AC unit radiator instead of the normal computer ones, along with AC fan.

Ahh yes, that makes more sense. Thank you.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Hi all,

After watching the (outdated) video of the whole room water cooling project, I thought I might point out that the outside radiator should be the outside part of an AC. Here is why:

1. Safer. Outside units can withstand dust,rain,corrosion and sand getting into it. Computer parts (fan, water pump etc. can't). Also, even tho it may run on 240V (TALKIN BOUT AUSTRALIA HERE! sorry America) it is much safer as it doesn't require a circuit board

2. Efficient. It uses less power than half of the fans and has a much bigger heat sink to be able to dissipate up to 2.3 KW!

3. Simplicity. All you would have to do to get it running is take out the compressor, a bit of plumbing and wiring (just soldering) and BOOM! ready to run! Also, they can be wall mounted with screws and not dangle off the top.

Linus, Luke or any other person from Linus media group, please respond and tell me what you think of my idea.

Cheers,

hman out

It was a proof of concept project. That is all.

But good idea though.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Hi all,

Cheers,

hman out

Its fundamentally a phase change unit,this is not new.

Also,all current WC rads can dissipate 2000w watts already,you need to put in the context of the delta it does this at.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Its fundamentally a phase change unit,this is not new.

Also,all current WC rads can dissipate 2000w watts already,you need to put in the context of the delta it does this at.

I didn't mean it as a phase-change system, I meant for the water to circulate through the radiator of the AC. Also, take out the compressor and expansion valve.

cheers,

hman out