My money is on Star Wars: The Force Awakens to be mediocre. How about you?

PlayStation 2

They didnt go with Lucas's storyline, and Lucas was the one who made this. HOWEVER, Lucas said that he had seen the movie and he enjoyed It, but that could just be a ploy to sell more tickets, either way Ive got my tickets and Im going on the 16th. Expectations arent high though. Wish they had gone Lucas's way and focus on the one sith etc, looks like theyre just trying to recreate Darth Vader through Kylo Ren which Isnt going to work I think. Would be cool If McGregor did a movie between episode 3 & 6. However I doubt that happens, considering they will probably cover this storyline In Star Wars Rebels. However If they dont Introduce Obi-Wan In Rebels, this Is totally possible.

Well I hope not as disney has the potential to make good star wars stuff, but from what I can guess about the plot I'd agree

(But if jar jar makes an appearance  :angry: )

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

The graphics look good, so of course people will buy tickets. That's how this community decides things right?

Intel 4690K 4.5 GTX 970 Strix ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 LGA 1150 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB NZXT Black/Red Kingston 240GB SSD && Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3TB HDD Corsair H60 Corsair Builder 500W

PCPartPicker

News flash

George Lucas makes episode 4, 5 and 6: Star Wars fans liked it

George Lucas makes prequel trilogy: Star Wars fans barely liked it

Disney makes episode 7: Star Wars fans are hyped

And now to the weather. A bad movie is coming to the Western world, with a big chance of dissapointment

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Well I hope note as disney has the potential to make good star wars stuff, but from what I can guess about the plot I'd agree

(But if jar jar makes an appearance  :angry: )

Am I one of the few who don't actually find Jar Jar annoying?

Am I one of the few who don't actually find Jar Jar annoying?

Count me in lol

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Not Battlefront?

I meant the movie, but I think my sarcasm was to sly. I'll change "it to "tickets" so it makes more sense. 

Intel 4690K 4.5 GTX 970 Strix ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 LGA 1150 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB NZXT Black/Red Kingston 240GB SSD && Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3TB HDD Corsair H60 Corsair Builder 500W

PCPartPicker

I think its going to be pretty good if not awesome

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think its going to be pretty good if not awesome

Yeah I want it to be good, but I also don't want to get my hopes up as the last time I did that I got Midi-chlorians, Jar Jar, an annoying Anakin, and a cool sith character that died so quickly (or maybe not given what disney has put out and considers cannon he's dead now though regardless)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yeah I want to be good, but I also don't want to get my hopes up as the last time I did that I got Midi-chlorians, Jar Jar, an annoying Anakin, and a cool sith character that died so quickly (or maybe not given what disney has put out and considers cannon he's dead now though regardless)

I actually dont hate the prequels so...yeah (not saying they are good movies btw)

But anyway, this has NOTHING to do with those movies, new cast, new director, new cinematographer, new writers etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I actually dont hate the prequels so...yeah

But anyway, this has NOTHING to do with those movies, new cast, new director, new cinematographer, new writers etc

Oh I don't hate them either I just hate certain decisions lucas made, I find them to be mostly meh, and I would have liked the 3rd one outright if Anakin's dialogue wasn't so ham handed. It's all up to Disney now.

I'll be really happy if Han says "I shot first".

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Its Disney it'll be decent. No risks will be taken, the story will be mediocre, but will be told well. People will mimic different parts of it like its new and amazing and groundbreaking when it actually isn't, and everyone involved will laugh all the way to the bank.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

My feeling is that it's so hyped that it will never live up to the hype.

And therefore people will esteem it to suck.

I personally will be very disappointed if it turns out that Luke Skywalker is NOT terribly evil.

I think given J.J. Abrams' history and what he did to Star Trek, I would be surprised if at the very least it didn't look absolutely amazing visually. I'm just on the fence about the content.

Well, we'll know later this week.

Star Wars + At least mediocre = Happy star wars fans at the least. Just get Han to say "Never tell me the odds," and it'll be 10/10.

Pretty much this: they hype is so huge even a relatively mediocre film would do. The prequels were terrible movies worthy of direct to TV/dvd release if it was not for the fact that they had more production values but the writing and direction was god awful, yet they were still commercial success and still had moderate reception for what they were.

So a mediocre run of the mill space action flick with a semi coherent plot that moves things along will be declared one of the greatest films of all times by the fans: they've set the bar far too low already.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If it's anything like the Extended Universe novels (which I know is not canon anymore... but I mean if JJ took some elements from it), I'll be happy.

It can't get any worse than the prequels... right... RIGHT??? 

*prays to Yoda it doesn't suck*