My money is on Star Wars: The Force Awakens to be mediocre. How about you?

PlayStation 2

If it's anything like the Extended Universe novels (which I know is not canon anymore... but I mean if JJ took some elements from it), I'll be happy.

It can't get any worse than the prequels... right... RIGHT??? 

*prays to Yoda it doesn't suck*

If JJ's Star Trek movies are to go off of, the first movie will be surprisingly good while the second will suck

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I hope it's good, and will continue to hope unless proven wrong.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Here are my views.

1.) I have mastered the art of defense against the dark arts hype-train so I am currently indifferent. Excited but can wait for the theaters to die down.
2.) If they are even a fraction better than the prequels (more than likely) I will be happy.
3.) Look what Disney did for Marvel? Turned an almost bankrupted comic company to a billion dollar juggernaut. If there was one company I think could handle keeping a franchise decent it would be Disney.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Here are my views.

1.) I have mastered the art of defense against the dark arts hype-train so I am currently indifferent. Excited but can wait for the theaters to die down.

2.) If they are even a fraction better than the prequels (more than likely) I will be happy.

3.) Look what Disney did for Marvel? Turned an almost bankrupted comic company to a billion dollar juggernaut. If there was one company I think could handle keeping a franchise decent it would be Disney.

Nice call on the third point. I almost forgot about that. Hopefully they do the same for Lucasfilm.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Nice call on the third point. I almost forgot about that. Hopefully they do the same for Lucasfilm.

Disney is the opposite of EA. When they promise me something, I have faith they can deliver. 

I can't help but shit on EA :3

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

My feeling is that it's so hyped that it will never live up to the hype.

And therefore people will esteem it to suck.

I personally will be very disappointed if it turns out that Luke Skywalker is NOT terribly evil.

Why will you be disappointed if he is still good?

I've heard this theory before, but I've yet to see an adequate explanation for how Luke will fall.

He's passed possibly the greatest Darkside trail of his life - he faced the emperor - arguably one of the most powerful sith ever - and his Father. If Luke has fallen to the darkside, then it will take away from RotJ, in my opinion.

I could see him become disillusioned, or a Hermit, or Cynical, but outright evil? That's a hard stretch. I'd like to hear your thoughts, since you feel so passionately about it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Why will you be disappointed if he is still good?

I've heard this theory before, but I've yet to see an adequate explanation for how Luke will fall.

He's passed possibly the greatest Darkside trail of his life - he faced the emperor - arguably one of the most powerful sith ever - and his Father. If Luke has fallen to the darkside, then it will take away from RotJ, in my opinion.

I could see him become disillusioned, or a Hermit, or Cynical, but outright evil? That's a hard stretch. I'd like to hear your thoughts, since you feel so passionately about it.

My comment was slightly exaggerated, I guess - I really don't care what happens so long as the plot is executed properly.

But really, it's interesting to think about when you take into account what Yoda said - he believed him to be too old, too emotional, and too aggressive, and that once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Emperor Palpatine goads Luke into taking his weapon and striking him down with all of his hatred, and the only thing that stops him from killing the emperor out of pure spite is when Vader stops him.

Then, when Vader threatens Luke's sister, the only thing that stops Luke from killing him is when he sees his father's robotic arms, and realizes how much like him he is becoming. The emperor wanted Luke to kill Vader and join his side, as Anakin had with Count Dooku.

I also think that the scene in Episode V where Luke sees his face in Vader's mask alludes to a lot more than just Vader being his father.

And if you look at the history of the production of the Star Wars franchise, Episode VI was supposed to have a much more bittersweet ending. Han Solo was supposed to be saved from the carbonite casing but be killed halfway through the movie. Luke was initially supposed to turn to the dark side (Something that Mark Hammill himself pitched to Lucas), but because Star Wars had become financially dependent on the toy industry, he altered the entire script of the finale to be happier.

Film Theory has a video on this, they word it much better than I can here, I'd encourage you to watch it if you haven't already. it's kind of interesting.

To be honest with the hype behind it I don't think it can fail.

To be honest some people will 'disappear' from the Disney corporation if it does fail considering how much money they've invested not only in the movie but the parks, merchandise, etc..

To be honest I don't think it will be good but when has that ever stopped a movie from being successful.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

To be honest with the hype behind it I don't think it can fail.

To be honest some people will 'disappear' from the Disney corporation if it does fail considering how much money they've invested not only in the movie but the parks, merchandise, etc..

To be honest I don't think it will be good but when has that ever stopped a movie from being successful.

10,000BC

Super Mario Bros.

Sex Lives of the Potato Men

As long as its better than episode 1 it should be fine. But then again, that's not asking for much. If its anywhere near the level of 4, 5, and 6 i will be suprised.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I say it be a load of balls big hyped film never really live up to the expectations but than again its all personal preference.