The Verge reports a new Logitech mouse, the G602

2013-08-13_23-11-12-1020_verge_super_wid

This new mouse features:

- 11 fully programmable buttons

- hand sculpted mouse chassis

- 2500dpi optical sensor

- Takes 2x AA batteries, and features 2 modes:

• Full performance mode, the mouse can provide 250 hours on a charge,
  • Endurance mode Logitech claim 1,400 hours of runtime.

- The mouse CAN function with only 1 battery, allowing you to reduce the weight of the mouse, in exchange of reduce battery life, but performance stays the same.

- 500Hz report rate (usually 1000Hz for the top tier mouse)

- Logitech claims that while the DPI is only 2500dpi and report rate 500Hz for a gaming mouse, anything higher is overrated.

Logitech's Todd Walker concedes that the mouse's 500Hz report rate (compared to 1000Hz in top-tier mice) and 2500dpi sensor might not attract gamers looking for every last iota of competitive advantage in certain twitch games, but says those numbers are too often overrated.

2013-08-13_23-10-44-1020_verge_super_wid

2013-08-13_23-19-39-1020_verge_super_wid

2013-08-13_23-18-56-1020_verge_super_wid

2013-08-13_23-16-42-1020_verge_super_wid

2013-08-13_23-16-03-1020_verge_super_wid

Source and more pictures: http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/27/4662744/logitech-g602-gaming-mouse-aa-batteries

I just wish it had the third finger button that the g600 has this looks like a great mouse though

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Those buttons look stupid tbh.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

It takes batteries? Well there goes my purchase.

Just give me a cord.

it will most likely have a wired option like the g700 does it even looks like there's a space for a cord to go on the photo

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Yikes, this looks bad. Button arrangement looks bad, and the specs look bad.

What happened LG?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I like the looks of it, no need for all those buttons though. Have a programmable keyboard.

wireless huh ? cool I have a G600s and although I like the mouse alot its just one more cable on my desk that I really wish I didn't need.

also I have never had any problems gaming with a wireless mouse and if there is any latency its so small that it makes no diffrence

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

This looks pretty unique imo. Is the receiver a Unifying receiver? What does the switch below the scroll wheel do?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Why can't Logitech just make a wireless version of the G400s? Seriously, these companies suck ass at bringing useful products to market. I was in the market for a new mouse for a while to replace my Logitech G5 and I looked at everything to find a wireless mouse that had a nice shape, and just a few simple buttons. The only things that exist are stupid shit like this with 10 more buttons than I would every want to have on a mouse, or some tiny piece of crap "laptop" mouse. Seriously, there are absolutely no mice in between.

The mouse I ended up buying is a Zowie EC1, which I actually really really like. I just wish I could get a "gaming" grade optical sensor with the standard 5-7 buttons and have it be wireless. If a good wireless mouse came out tomorrow I would buy it despite having just bought a new mouse. That is how much I want a proper good wireless mouse.

This looks pretty unique imo. Is the receiver a Unifying receiver? What does the switch below the scroll wheel do?

It will allow the scroll wheel to either keep going once you scroll or have a clicky feel when you scroll, sorry if I didn't describe it very well

Why can't Logitech just make a wireless version of the G400s? Seriously, these companies suck ass at bringing useful products to market. I was in the market for a new mouse for a while to replace my Logitech G5 and I looked at everything to find a wireless mouse that had a nice shape, and just a few simple buttons. The only things that exist are stupid shit like this with 10 more buttons than I would every want to have on a mouse, or some tiny piece of crap "laptop" mouse. Seriously, there are absolutely no mice in between.

The mouse I ended up buying is a Zowie EC1, which I actually really really like. I just wish I could get a "gaming" grade optical sensor with the standard 5-7 buttons and have it be wireless. If a good wireless mouse came out tomorrow I would buy it despite having just bought a new mouse. That is how much I want a proper good wireless mouse.

The reason the g400 is so good is that it has a perfect sensor and making it wireless would mean that it wouldn't have the feature that makes it so great, also logitech have mice for absolutely everything depending on what games you play and the variety of games you play and how customizable  you want a mouse to be 

MMO: g600

MMO, fps and wireless: g700s

fps,MMO and adjustable weights: g500s

FPS: g400s 

The reason the g400 is so good is that it has a perfect sensor and making it wireless would mean that it wouldn't have the feature that makes it so great, also logitech have mice for absolutely everything depending on what games you play and the variety of games you play and how customizable  you want a mouse to be 

MMO: g600

MMO, fps and wireless: g700s

fps,MMO and adjustable weights: g500s

FPS: g400s 

The idea that the g400s has such a perfect sensor that making the mouse wireless is complete horse shit. And Logitech just simply doesn't have "absolutely everything" in their mouse lineup. The only wireless mice they have are catered towards use with laptops, or they have way too many buttons. This new G602 is just macro button overload. I almost got the G700s, I could overlook the 3 macro buttons along the left mouse button, but the 4 thumb buttons kill me and they just muddle up the whole area.

The whole laser vs optical sensor isn't necessarily an issue to me. My G5 used a laser and it still works great. I am much more concerned with form factor, and button configuration. As a wired device, I actually prefer my new EC1 from Zowie. They are very similar mice but the EC1 feels just slightly better in my hand and all the buttons click nicely. My biggest complaint is the color of the scroll wheel, which I might mod with a white LED. It just seems crazy that Logitech hasn't figured out that taking their best selling line of mice through the years and making it wireless without adding any other stupid shit.

I personally kind of hate the weird gritty coating on the sides of the s-series mice, and it looks like this is no exception.

I love my G700. Maybe a 702 is coming?

My old mice (Logitech VX Revolution) was 7 years with me.

I hate battery operated mice. I like the general ergonomics of this mouse though.

I hate battery operated mice. I like the general ergonomics of this mouse though.

I hate wires one. wires always interfere with mouse. Either it's on the way when you position back the mouse, or pushes the mouse when you let it go. No mater what special wiring it has. Like I am fine with a wired keyboard. That's no problem.

Looks great, I'd like them to either use less macros or give them linux support though.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Those buttons are way too small for me,that g6 button looks impossible to reach. scroll wheel looks pretty grippy though, i wonder how much it would weigh though with 2 aa batteries (i had a wireless intellieye explorer which took 2 aa batteries and it weighed a ton :<)

I wish they would make a g400(s) with adjustable weights,(having a hard time finding a replacement for my g5 v2 :/)

I do like the looks of it but all those buttons are probably uncomfortable to use. I really don't mind having a wire that much that I'd rather have a mouse which I have to remember to keep charged/replace batteries.

- Takes 2x AA batteries, and features 2 modes:

• Full performance mode, the mouse can provide 250 hours on a charge,
  • Endurance mode Logitech claim 1,400 hours of runtime.

- The mouse CAN function with only 1 battery, allowing you to reduce the weight of the mouse, in exchange of reduce battery life, but performance stays the same.

l^ this makes me wanna replace my Mamba 4G. 

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

I just wish it had the third finger button that the g600 has this looks like a great mouse though

Agreed there with the third click, I wish more mice had that.

Those buttons look stupid tbh.

To me the whole mouse looks stupid but for logitech that usually means its going to be crazy comfortable. I just hope the new shape holds up to the G700/s because the ergonomics on that are just spot on for me.

it will most likely have a wired option like the g700 does it even looks like there's a space for a cord to go on the photo

According to logitech's site it wont have a wired option. This is fine for me as I never use any of my G700 and G700s's wired since the wireless mode is so good.

Yikes, this looks bad. Button arrangement looks bad, and the specs look bad.

What happened LG?

Ill agree that looks arnt it strong suite but that has been the case for many logitech mice in the past for the first iteration of their design. Also I really dont know what they are going for because all the new G series mice with the S have that new coating, which BTW I love. This one doesn't and has some weird rubber thing on top. I have a feeling that this mouse might have been conceived before they decided to make the G series actually gaming branded.

How do the specs look bad? I think they did something good a wireless ergonomic mouse that is 100% gaming centric unlike the G700/G700s. Now I would have preferred to see the 4000dpi sensor from the G400s in there instead of the 2500 from the G100s. I really dont know why they did this as I could really have used the 4000 as I use 3200 on a regular basis, though mostly outside of games. Also I would have like to see 1000hz polling for the gaming mode or something like the G700/s where you can change the polling 125-1000 and 3 different power settings yourself in the software.

Also I wouldnt call them LG cause that just confusing.

wireless huh ? cool I have a G600s and although I like the mouse alot its just one more cable on my desk that I really wish I didn't need.

also I have never had any problems gaming with a wireless mouse and if there is any latency its so small that it makes no diffrence

There is a G600s? Where did you fine one? I have been wait for them to update the G600 because my had doesnt get along with the coating on the black one that I have.

No its not a unifying receiver. They couldnt make it one because the mouse needs too much bandwidth, just the the G700/s.

Thats a forced power save or max gaming mode switch. My guess is they implemented that because people didnt know how or take the time to setup the G700/s with a profile that didnt have 1000hrz polling and max gaming power setting and the complained about the horrible battery life. Which when on 125 and power saver it lasts for quite a while and is perfectly fine for desktop usage.

Mainly because if they touch the MX518/G400/G400s its devout followers will have a hissy fit. The same would happen to Razer with the Deathadder. I you all their new or refreshed mice got some new design ques except the deathadder 2013. The other this is that I think there are far better feeling mice now days than the G400s, its not the leader in ergonomics that is was when it was launched as the MX518.

As for your comment of a standard optical gaming mouse and just making it wireless, I think we are headed there eventually. This is the first wireless optical gaming mouse to my knowledge. Also think about it until rather recently there werent many standard optical gaming mice especially in the higher end mice. And there still arnt many in a feature rich mouse which is another place the G602 is a break though. I mean I kinda just wish razer would put the deathadders sensor in all of their mice, I mean it has more than enough DPI.

It will allow the scroll wheel to either keep going once you scroll or have a clicky feel when you scroll, sorry if I didn't describe it very well

no thats not the case this time and something I am happy about for a game centric mouse. For something like that you need a mouse wheel with ver defined click and where 1 click = 1 which is not always the case on the G500/s and G700/s as it just engages a clicking mechanism.

The idea that the g400s has such a perfect sensor that making the mouse wireless is complete horse shit. And Logitech just simply doesn't have "absolutely everything" in their mouse lineup. The only wireless mice they have are catered towards use with laptops, or they have way too many buttons. This new G602 is just macro button overload. I almost got the G700s, I could overlook the 3 macro buttons along the left mouse button, but the 4 thumb buttons kill me and they just muddle up the whole area.

The whole laser vs optical sensor isn't necessarily an issue to me. My G5 used a laser and it still works great. I am much more concerned with form factor, and button configuration. As a wired device, I actually prefer my new EC1 from Zowie. They are very similar mice but the EC1 feels just slightly better in my hand and all the buttons click nicely. My biggest complaint is the color of the scroll wheel, which I might mod with a white LED. It just seems crazy that Logitech hasn't figured out that taking their best selling line of mice through the years and making it wireless without adding any other stupid shit.

Well nomally people that want a perfect sensor want wired, I think thats what @JORDANonPC was trying to get at. Also the sensor this has is the same as the G400s just lower DPI, its the one the G100s has.

As for the G700/s having too many buttons, I for one use all of them and dont play a since MMO, actually mostly FPS or RPG. The other thing is that they are well defined so you can easily tell the difference between them, besides that they are all for the most part out of the way. A friend of mine has the G700s and rarely utilises the extra buttons for anything but dpi change and only bought it because he fell in love with its shape.

If you had the first get G5 with the single side button, that thing had a fair amount of issues, many were corrected on the v2 but the MX518 was sill a better choice even then because it was the same minus the laser.

I personally kind of hate the weird gritty coating on the sides of the s-series mice, and it looks like this is no exception.

I love it! You would have hated the standard G700 then as it was even grittier. Thing was it didn't hold up which is why I think they kept the idea but changed it up a bit. I think the G700s is better on the coating its there but isnt sandpaper and hasnt gone away yet, at least for me.

As for the G700/s having too many buttons, I for one use all of them and dont play a since MMO, actually mostly FPS or RPG. The other thing is that they are well defined so you can easily tell the difference between them, besides that they are all for the most part out of the way. A friend of mine has the G700s and rarely utilises the extra buttons for anything but dpi change and only bought it because he fell in love with its shape.

I thought I was the only person who used all the buttons on the g700 for fps :P how do you have yours set out 

I love my G700. Maybe a 702 is coming? My old mice (Logitech VX Revolution) was 7 years with me.

I really dont know because the G602 is nothing like the G600 and I dont think their meant to compete. Also what really needs changing on the G700s?

I hate wires one. wires always interfere with mouse. Either it's on the way when you position back the mouse, or pushes the mouse when you let it go. No mater what special wiring it has. Like I am fine with a wired keyboard. That's no problem.

Ill agree with this though I will say I havnt had the problem you describe with the cable with my Deathadder 2013 and Naga 2014 though this may just be me.

Those buttons are way too small for me,that g6 button looks impossible to reach. scroll wheel looks pretty grippy though, i wonder how much it would weigh though with 2 aa batteries (i had a wireless intellieye explorer which took 2 aa batteries and it weighed a ton :<)

I wish they would make a g400(s) with adjustable weights,(having a hard time finding a replacement for my g5 v2 :/)

The G4 G5 G7 G8 are easy enough to reach to have the same functionality as a G700/s as for the G6 G9 ill probably treat them like I do the closest column on the G600 and Naga 2014 and that is put thing there you dont need to twitch hit.

Have you tried a G400s I think the weight is pretty nice already, though I never saw the point of a adjustable weight mouse as I like my mice as light as possibly well still feeling solid.