New Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse

GoodBytes

I do like the looks of it but all those buttons are probably uncomfortable to use. I really don't mind having a wire that much that I'd rather have a mouse which I have to remember to keep charged/replace batteries.

remember? when it tells you its low change them? Or do what I do with the G700/s and just let it completely stop working so the batteries get cycled. I would recommend do this during competitive gameplay though.

- Takes 2x AA batteries, and features 2 modes:

• Full performance mode, the mouse can provide 250 hours on a charge,
  • Endurance mode Logitech claim 1,400 hours of runtime.

- The mouse CAN function with only 1 battery, allowing you to reduce the weight of the mouse, in exchange of reduce battery life, but performance stays the same.

l^ this makes me wanna replace my Mamba 4G. 

Yea I think their just using the same mechanism for the batter as the G700/s but made it so that when it has 2 batteries it has more amps instead of more volts which it what is normally done.

I thought I was the only person who used all the buttons on the g700 for fps :P how do you have yours set out 

Idk it different for each game really but middle click is always reload teh front most left button is dpi change and at least in planetside the side buttons are weapon swap.

remember? when it tells you its low change them? Or do what I do with the G700/s and just let it completely stop working so the batteries get cycled. I would recommend do this during competitive gameplay though.

Yea I think their just using the same mechanism for the batter as the G700/s but made it so that when it has 2 batteries it has more amps instead of more volts which it what is normally done.

Idk it different for each game really but middle click is always reload teh front most left button is dpi change and at least in planetside the side buttons are weapon swap.

mine is the same pretty much every game G4 jump G5 sprint G6 crouch G7 melee G9 is interact then the rest vary and I never use G11

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

mine is the same pretty much every game G4 jump G5 sprint G6 crouch G7 melee G9 is interact then the rest vary and I never use G11

ahh yea I forgot melee thats on there too I havnt played FPS's recently and ive been trying a bunch of different mice so I gor get where i put it. everything else you mentioned in on my orbweaver.

The G4 G5 G7 G8 are easy enough to reach to have the same functionality as a G700/s as for the G6 G9 ill probably treat them like I do the closest column on the G600 and Naga 2014 and that is put thing there you dont need to twitch hit.

Have you tried a G400s I think the weight is pretty nice already, though I never saw the point of a adjustable weight mouse as I like my mice as light as possibly well still feeling solid.

True, could also just be the angle they took the pictures in the longer i stare at them.

I have tried the g400 (i think the g400s weighs the same) and i found it abit too light,felt like the g5 without the weight cartridge (mines set pretty heavy), but i will look at the g400s or just buy one if i can get one cheap.(my g5 side buttons are starting to get real flaky)

anything under 2500 dpi is overrated dafuq

I can use up to 3600dpi on fps games

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Also I wouldnt call them LG cause that just confusing.

For years I thought they were the same company, learn something new everyday.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

For years I thought they were the same company, learn something new everyday.

Heh..

Well just don't get confused between Logitech... and Logitec

One does mouse/keybaord/speakers peripherals, and the other does routers, external HDD, bluetooth headset, and such.

To make you head spin some more:

Logitech is called Logitech everywhere in the world, except in Japan, where they are called: Logicool

And Logitec is only selling stuff in Japan.

anything under 2500 dpi is overrated dafuq

I can use up to 3600dpi on fps games

Damn dude I give you props as even 2400 is immensely hard for me.

Heh..

Well just don't get confused between Logitech... and Logitec

One does mouse/keybaord/speakers peripherals, and the other does routers, external HDD, bluetooth headset, and such.

To make you head spin some more:

Logitech is called Logitech everywhere in the world, except in Japan, where they are called: Logicool

And Logitec is only selling stuff in Japan.

that is mighty confusing there sir

They also have released mouse pads along with the release of the g602 also and they look pretty good imo: http://www.gamersnexus.net/news/1158-logitech-g602-g440

http://blog.logitech.com/2013/08/27/science-delivers-again-with-three-new-logitech-g-products/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'm getting a G400s since wireless mouse don't spark my interest at all.

I think i will just get a g400s when i build my pc, i have heard nothing but good from that mouse.

I was looking forward to this mouse but few things dissapoint me. First, I don't like the fact that the mouse cannot be charged. You could use rechargeable batteries but they would need to be replaced every now and then. Second, there has been no information about the scroll wheel. Does it still have the free rotation mode? If not, that's a major disappointment for me personally. I love the ability to scroll freely, especially when going through large documents or web pages. Finally the coating of the mouse doesn't look so good. One thing I don't like in the G700 is the sandy surface.

For me personally, the perfect mouse would be G700 with good battery life, charging station (like the MX Revolution had) and an option to use the wire. Also the surface could be something like on the Performance MX.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

Looks goo.....

Might be a touch small for me, but sufficient number of buttons, cordless but...........

Non-rechargable? EPIC FAIL!

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

I would never buy a wireless gaming mouse

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

elderago, on 27 Aug 2013 - 1:24 PM, said:snapback.png

wireless huh ? cool I have a G600s and although I like the mouse alot its just one more cable on my desk that I really wish I didn't need.

also I have never had any problems gaming with a wireless mouse and if there is any latency its so small that it makes no diffrence

There is a G600s? Where did you fine one? I have been wait for them to update the G600 because my had doesnt get along with the coating on the black one that I have.

sorry I mean g600 

I have a g500  and I love but I wish it was wireless also a wireless mechanical keyboard would be awesome 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

They also have released mouse pads along with the release of the g602 also and they look pretty good imo: http://www.gamersnexus.net/news/1158-logitech-g602-g440

http://blog.logitech.com/2013/08/27/science-delivers-again-with-three-new-logitech-g-products/

I have recently found my ideal pad elsewhere (finally) so i really have little interest also they dont look like anything special, just something alright that they can sell next to and with their mouse products.

I'm getting a G400s since wireless mouse don't spark my interest at all.

I think i will just get a g400s when i build my pc, i have heard nothing but good from that mouse.

why post that your getting a G400s in a threat about the new G602?

I was looking forward to this mouse but few things dissapoint me. First, I don't like the fact that the mouse cannot be charged. You could use rechargeable batteries but they would need to be replaced every now and then. Second, there has been no information about the scroll wheel. Does it still have the free rotation mode? If not, that's a major disappointment for me personally. I love the ability to scroll freely, especially when going through large documents or web pages. Finally the coating of the mouse doesn't look so good. One thing I don't like in the G700 is the sandy surface.

For me personally, the perfect mouse would be G700 with good battery life, charging station (like the MX Revolution had) and an option to use the wire. Also the surface could be something like on the Performance MX.

people complained about the last one being rechargeable, though I though they were stupid for soing so because it used a standard high quality NiMH battery that could easily be swapped instead of charging in the mouse (which is what I did/do). I am confused by "You could use rechargeable batteries but they would need to be replaced every now and then" because that how standard sized rechargeable batteries work and is the method the G700/s used. No it doesnt and I can tell you how I know this there is no metal on the scroll wheel and every hyper scroll wheel they have ever made has been made out of it. I find it a good thing that it doesnt have a hyper scroll wheel because it shows that this mouse is aiming to be a long life wireless gaming mouse along with the optical sensor. This is unlike the G700/s which to me is more of a gaming/productivity mouse (which I do like a lot) but for those that want a 100% gaming oriented wireless mouse logitech hasnt had one since the G7. I also believe this is the fire wireless gaming mouse with an optical sensor but dont quote me on that. As for the texture to me it looks nothing like the G700 or G700s, though ill have to see what its like when comes for myself. If you think the G700 is too gritty try the G700s they toned it back a bit and the grit feels less fine. From the thing your talking about it actually sounds like a mouse they already have had out for a while would be a perfect fit for you, that being the G700s.

Looks goo.....

Might be a touch small for me, but sufficient number of buttons, cordless but...........

Non-rechargable? EPIC FAIL!

people complained about the G700/s being rechargeable so this is their answer

I would never buy a wireless gaming mouse

then look at their multiple other wired options that are aimed at a person like you?

elderago, on 27 Aug 2013 - 1:24 PM, said:snapback.png

There is a G600s? Where did you fine one? I have been wait for them to update the G600 because my had doesnt get along with the coating on the black one that I have.

sorry I mean g600 

I have a g500  and I love but I wish it was wireless also a wireless mechanical keyboard would be awesome 

its ok you just had me looking for one because the new coating is that much better (at least to me)

you should try the G700/s because it has all the features of the G500/s and in my opinion is a far better shape.

and there are some wireless mechanical keyboards. I can think of 3 off the top of my head, one of which is really good.

its ok you just had me looking for one because the new coating is that much better (at least to me)

you should try the G700/s because it has all the features of the G500/s and in my opinion is a far better shape.

and there are some wireless mechanical keyboards. I can think of 3 off the top of my head, one of which is really good.

yeah I was thinking of a g700 but I cheaped out and got a g 500s I damn my penny pinching tendencies !! I'll probably get the g700s because I hate excess wires

I'll look for some of those keyboards

Edit: found one  Xarmor U9W  and it's cherry browns and a full sized keyboard awesome!! will buy

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Goodbytes, I love any articles you put up. They are always so details, cheers man

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

yeah I was thinking of a g700 but I cheaped out and got a g 500s I damn my penny pinching tendencies !! I'll probably get the g700s because I hate excess wires

I'll look for some of those keyboards

Edit: found one  Xarmor U9W  and it's cherry browns and a full sized keyboard awesome!! will buy

@elderago and everyone else reading this Do NOT buy that Xarmor if you want a broken one let me know I have one that I used for about one year it crapped out just as the warranty ended. Also everything about it is crap and so are most Xarmor board and anything from the OEM that makes them. The best wireless mechanical right now is http://techkeys.us/collections/keyboards/products/kbtalking-pro-v1-1

Should I send the Roccat Kone Pure back and get this one instead?

|MONITOR; ASUS VG248QE |MOTHERBOARD; MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING |PROCESSOR; i7 4770K 4.2GHz |G.SKILL RIPJAWS SERIES 8GB (2 x 4GB) |GRAPHIC; EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0

|POWERSUPPLY; EVGA SuperNova 1000W Platinum Modular |KEYBOARD; CORSAIR VENGEANCE K70 |MOUSE; LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE |CHASIS; FRACTAL DESIGN MIDI R2

Should I send the Roccat Kone Pure back and get this one instead?

i think this is one of the oddest things I have ever seen asked as they are completely different mice.

• 2 weeks later...
Battle: Logitech G602 vs Razer Oroboros

IMG_6085.jpg

Fight!

Looks cool.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715