Missouri police investigate purchase of 100 cellphones at separate Walmarts

Mbarton

When i read this i was thinking it was nothing more then someone trying to make a profit by re-selling them right before the holidays, but they found it really suspicious and i kinda get that --@Mbarton

Walmart_Store_sign.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Christmas shopping in bulk or something sinister?

Missouri police are investigating after at least 100 cellphones were purchased at three Walmarts during the past week, local FOX and ABC affiliates reported.

“Who’s going to order 50 phones for Christmas? Who does that?”

- Witness

The FBI was contacted in at least two of the cases, though it’s unclear if federal officials are actively involved.

“It’s not right, it doesn’t make any sense,” a witness, who did not want to be identified, told ABC 17 about a sale in Columbia. “Who’s going to order 50 phones for Christmas? Who does that?”

The first reported purchase happened Friday night, when several men bought dozens of phones around 9:30 p.m. at a Columbia Walmart, ABC 17 reported. The men paid in cash, according to a witness.

Then, just before 4 a.m. on Saturday, two men bought about 60 phones in Lebanon, according to KSPR. Police were called and interviewed the men, but did not detain them.

“These people were, they were foreign-speaking,” said Laclede County Sheriff Wayne Merritt, who encouraged citizens to call the cops if they observed odd activity. “You need to take notice. You need to let us know about it, because it doesn’t hurt to check on it. You’re not being racist or anything like that. You’re just protecting yourself.”

Source:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/10/suspicious-cellphone-purchases-made-at-three-missouri-walmarts/

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

"These people... They were foreign speaking"

ISIS confirmed

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Maybe a giveaway ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It's for giveaway/company use?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Even if ISIS gets 50 phones they are useless with out sim cards and from knowing how expensive the data plans in america I would say it is not worth it for them to invest on suicide bombers...

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Even if ISIS gets 50 phones they are useless with out sim cards and from knowing how expensive the data plans in america I would say it is not worth it for them to invest on suicide bombers...

Since they do not specify which 100 phones the two men bought ( brand, make or model ), they could have easily been intended to be throw away phones.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Was it TechRax planning to smash them all?

lol maybe 

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

Since they do not specify which 100 phones the two men bought ( brand, make or model ), they could have easily been intended to be throw away phones.

The recent $10 LG Tracfone comes to mind :P

Exclusive to Walmart ironically(well the price).

The recent $10 LG Tracfone comes to mind :P

Exclusive to Walmart ironically(well the price).

LOL that was the first one that came to my mind as well, back in the day TracFones were the best phones to get if anyone wanted a throw away phone, not sure if its still the same now or not.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Was it TechRax planning to smash them all?

Lol maybe it must have been him for a Christmas edition video on what happens when 50 iPhones are thrown at an apple headquarters or something

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

May not be used for terrorism but for gangs or something.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

*locks the door to the bunker*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not useless as a short range detonator.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

"You’re not being racist or anything like that. You’re just protecting yourself."

By saying it's not racist, you made yourself look like a racist...

Lots of wrong with the logic there...

Reading the news recently makes me think of pre-Pearl Harbor news. Everyone scared of their own shadows, more authoritarians get power, and all that changes is innocent people get caught in the crossfire.

Regardless I don't think it's right that authorities are allowed to get involved over legal purchases. Then again the NSA exists so at this point...

There's a few reasonable explanations, such as give a ways, some sort of con/scam these people are running, moving them to the black market where they'd be used by people in gangs/cartels/mob. All more reasonable than "terriris be steelin ur fones'.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

It's for giveaway/company use?

if it was for a comoany they'd buy from a wholesaler /manufacturer and with a conpany credit card not cash

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

So does this mean they'll be asking a damn background check before they'll sell a freaking $10 phone?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

So does this mean they'll be asking a damn background check before they'll sell a freaking $10 phone?

No of course not 

wtf do you mean who does that? .. it's like asking someone why would he sleep at 9pm or do this or whatever.. seriously some people are freaking rude. So what if I buy 50 phones? lmao that's my freaking money. 

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

It is the business of law enforcement if you plan to use those phones for criminal activity (nobody thought of the wire? Lol).

"What the... You're not made of Tuesday!"  ―Roberto

#PCbecomingthenextgun

I seriously hope countries do not fall into this

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

its strange that the employee sold them, because when i worked at wally world, a single person couldnt buy more that 6 phones at a time (no matter if they were all different)

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65