Missouri police investigate purchase of 100 cellphones at separate Walmarts

Mbarton

its strange that the employee sold them, because when i worked at wally world, a single person couldnt buy more that 6 phones at a time (no matter if they were all different)

Good point. Maybe this is a... inside job  :ph34r:

if it was for a comoany they'd buy from a wholesaler /manufacturer and with a conpany credit card not cash

That's not true at all.  I know several small businesses that would use cash to do this.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Looks like they are now expanding the investigation to propane tanks... Very strange activity going on. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/13/cops-investigating-more-suspicious-cellphone-buys-propane-tank-thefts/

A BP gas station in Lee’s Summit reported the theft of 18-20 canisters from an outside cage in late November, according to FOX4KC. A nearby CVS also reported an unknown quantity of stolen canisters the same night.

On Dec. 6, the day after the phone-buying spree is believed to have ended, a CVS in Independence had 28 tanks stolen from a locked cage.

Maybe a giveaway ?

This giveaway IS GONNA BE THE BOMB!

Aint that right Jamal?..

Details separate people.

That's not true at all.  I know several small businesses that would use cash to do this.

small businesses with over 100 employees? 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Until something of substance gets reported, this is just for Fox News fear mongering.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

You underestimate how quickly phones get destroyed when working in inclement weather and on heavy equipment.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Why not just have the same regulations as Australia - to get a phone number, no matter pre or post paid, you need to provide a drivers license and various other details totaling over 120 points of ID.

Why not just have the same regulations as Australia - to get a phone number, no matter pre or post paid, you need to provide a drivers license and various other details totaling over 120 points of ID.

This would probably deter anyone under 15 from getting a phone.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

This would probably deter anyone under 15 from getting a phone.

Children shouldn't be entering carrier contracts anyway.

Also, everywhere has photo ID that isn't a drivers license.  If they're old enough to get a phone they're old enough to get ID.

A lot op people who owns a small cellphone business do this. They buy a lot of phones on deal for cheap, unlock and sell them.

When did THAT come into effect?! I remember having a pair of old Samsung GSM phones (a 450 & 500, one from my mom the other from my dad) on pre-paid plans when I was like 13 back in 2001, for being able to ring up either parent (I was spending different amounts of time with each after the divorce in '96) either for why I'm going to be home late or if I need a pick up from school (mainly due to piss-poor weather).

Then again, the fact that each phone (with different SIM cards) was GIVEN to me, presumably means that my parents did all the legwork for me beforehand.

I get 5GB for $10 on T-Mobile. Sure I'm grandfathered in, but they have similar plans today. Verizon even has a $10 1GB plan. 

Meanwhile at AT&T I'm forced to pay for 10GB at $110/mo. At least I get TV too I guess...

When did THAT come into effect?! I remember having a pair of old Samsung GSM phones (a 450 & 500, one from my mom the other from my dad) on pre-paid plans when I was like 13 back in 2001, for being able to ring up either parent (I was spending different amounts of time with each after the divorce in '96) either for why I'm going to be home late or if I need a pick up from school (mainly due to piss-poor weather).

Then again, the fact that each phone (with different SIM cards) was GIVEN to me, presumably means that my parents did all the legwork for me beforehand.

Not too sure - I think it's been in existence as a requirement since the late 90's: need 120 or 150 points of ID to purchase a number.

In America you are so free you cannot buy 100 phones without being under invastigation by police ;)

No but really thats pathetic. It's not like they bought 100 boxes of firework.

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

It could be a silly phone throwing competition in a Christmas party

or a joke present to a friend.

"Hey you said you want $500 phone? Here's $500 of phones for you! Happy Christmas!" 

Unless the "terrorist" is an idiot, he would not have bought them in bulk and raised suspicion.

Well, it doesn't hurt for the police to make sure I guess.

This giveaway IS GONNA BE THE BOMB!

Aint that right Jamal?..

Maybe, but is it gonna be a huge one ?

Who is Jamal ? And why comic sans ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650