One Week Until 12th Place Folding! (PC Games Hardware Overtake)

Just wanted to point it out, we are currently the fifth highest producing team, with 32 Million points per day! In seven days, the LLT Folding@Home team will pass the PC Games Hardware team, leaving them in the dust, then China F@H Power six months later.

Team points site:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=&srt=3

post-266149-0-50963600-1449767785.png

And in 27.7 years we'd be 2nd. c:

Even spot number 8, 4 places down holds double the points of spot 12. Spot number 2 involves a quintupling

of our current total. This is the big boys league  :)

If they mentioned this on the channel, I'm sure we could get this done even faster.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

They should just get the DOE to fold for them (Linustech), make with the sweet talk Luke :D

It didn't even bother trying to calculate first place LOL

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Didn't even take a week - we're at #5 at the moment!

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

If they mentioned this on the channel, I'm sure we could get this done even faster.

they mention it very rarely, but they sometimes do. Like in the Extreme Computing build log or something.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

they mention it very rarely, but they sometimes do. Like in the Extreme Computing build log or something.

They have mentioned the boinc and folding teams on several occasions on the wan show aswell. 

We have also had a few shoutouts at the end of several videos. 

It didn't even bother trying to calculate first place LOL

Evga has much, much higher weekly and daily point gain than we do, we won't be catching up

anytime soon as long as they continue having higher point output than us :P

Evga has much, much higher weekly and daily point gain than we go, we won't be catching up

They have like 200 computers running EVGA titan blacks running 247365 ?

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

They have mentioned the boinc and folding teams on several occasions on the wan show aswell. 

We have also had a few shoutouts at the end of several videos. 

Evga has much, much higher weekly and daily point gain than we go, we won't be catching up

Yea, we need to poach their over-achievers  ;)

Folding For Linus since July 2015

not if i let my 295x2 + 2x 7950 Boost + i7 4790k AND A10 Kaveri CPU run at full tilt all the time :P

jk jk... with that i can barely conjure 750k points per day.....

And it would seriously cut in to your gaming time :lol:

And it would seriously cut in to your gaming time :lol:

not really...

i got my PS3, PS4... a standalone TV for those...

i can let my PCs fold, while playing games. i got like 20+ console titles i still havent finished (sometimes, Gaben isnt the only one who knows how to do a proper "an offer you cannot refuse" sales)

so yeah, i could fold at 100% capacity.... so don't you worry bout that....

not really...

i got my PS3, PS4... a standalone TV for those...

i can let my PCs fold, while playing games. i got like 20+ console titles i still havent finished (sometimes, Gaben isnt the only one who knows how to do a proper "an offer you cannot refuse" sales)

so yeah, i could fold at 100% capacity.... so don't you worry bout that....

Ooo, I should have said "PC" gaming time, lol  ;)

Ooo, I should have said "PC" gaming time, lol ;)

some games, i enjoy a LOT more on consoles...

driving games, fighting games... consoles FTW..

BF4 (cuz i am a sucker for vehicle combat) great... sniping with console controllers -> actually not a bad experience... the analogue sticks can offer extreme precision... something a high DPI mouse is still fully capable of, but sometimes, running 3500-6000 DPI (depending on title), does not work out well for me when sniping.

since all i do in BF4 is sniping and tank/heli fighting... consoles work fine for me there. Reconsidering the console idea with BF5/Bad company 3.... Think ill go full PCGMR with that one.

but yeah, i do not mind "low" FPS... i play a game for the games sake. Not a number in the top left of my screen.... I wish more people would do that.

I also do not try to blame my death in CSGO or other FPS games on "too low FPS to aim". I blame it on myself and my own damn playstyle.... Honestly, if you need hardware to bring your "skills" out, then i question whether you just buy better hardware to BUY yourself an advantage, or whether or not you need the hardware.... since the vast majority of players arent even remotely close to the skill level of tournament players, they wouldnt even be remotely close to the skill level where a monitor with 1ms or 5ms response time would matter.

Just like all those who run off to a gym to pump iron... creatine and proteine shake helps. But unless you are at competition athlete levels of fitness, your body wont get any real benefit. It is a mental benefit long before a physiological one...

so yeah... who cares what medium you use to play on... or how you play your game... be it weight lifting, console gaming or PC gaming..

TL;dr

whatever floats your goat

some games, i enjoy a LOT more on consoles...

<abridged>

TL;dr

whatever floats your goat

I prefer PC games, just because I can't resist the urge to tweak and mod the crap out of them.  Too much OCD for a console  :rolleyes:.

I honestly think I spent more time making my own house in Skyrim (from scratch, no mod - I just "upgraded" Breezehome to my liking, and I didn't have to pay that damn greedy Steward a penny :D) than I spent actually just playing the game.

Sorry for the off-topic; I'm done. ;)

- Pete