Quadro K4200 Not Responding, Trying to do Dual GPU Setup

XZDX
Go to solution Solved by XZDX,

I have determined the following:

1 - The K4200 is based

2 - Having 2 in my system will not let the second one display.  However, adding an SLI bridge before driver install has seemed to force the other one on

3 - The other quadro is doing work, as if SLI were actually working

4 - Both cards are IDing seperately in GPUz, both are changing temps, both are changing clocks, and both are changing bandwidth speeds

5 - It is possible that W10 dual GPU tooling is also dicking this second card into working, but absolutely nothing on the front end will report status

6 - SLI is in fact running, despite everything saying otherwise.  With the SLI bridge, certain games are phenomenal, and others are worse than ass

I don't know what the fuck is going on but if you need a SLI setup that actually works and doesn't eat your PSU's ass I think I have to tell you to get quadros

I think I need to only by workstation class stuff.  I get unendingly pissed at crap behavior from my tech.  And, no, I will never, EVER, be buying titan / 4090 like ANYTHING, EVER.

You will pry my grid K2 hack from my cold_dead_hands

Hello,

I have recently gotten 2 X K4200's.  I happen to have an SLI bridge, so I thought what a deal for 15 a pop!

With just one in the system, and some cooling tweaks, a little more power budget, and good airflow, this card is better than my 1660Ti just from frame sync alone.  Theres no tearing, vs the 1660.  I'm VERY VERY happy.  Whats more, I can get HUNDREDS of these for NOTHING.  Basically a 770ti katana, if a thing could exist.

However, even without the driver, in windows, the other GPU does a Code 43.

At first I thought maybe a card was dead, but both are confirmed working (thats something at least).

I learned about the sync cards, but I don't think thats the solution here?  Or can I only have one quadro at a time without a paid license?

These are also HP subsystem models.  So, is that a barrier?  Should I flash them anyways?

TY

I have determined the following:

1 - The K4200 is based

2 - Having 2 in my system will not let the second one display.  However, adding an SLI bridge before driver install has seemed to force the other one on

3 - The other quadro is doing work, as if SLI were actually working

4 - Both cards are IDing seperately in GPUz, both are changing temps, both are changing clocks, and both are changing bandwidth speeds

5 - It is possible that W10 dual GPU tooling is also dicking this second card into working, but absolutely nothing on the front end will report status

6 - SLI is in fact running, despite everything saying otherwise.  With the SLI bridge, certain games are phenomenal, and others are worse than ass

I don't know what the fuck is going on but if you need a SLI setup that actually works and doesn't eat your PSU's ass I think I have to tell you to get quadros

I think I need to only by workstation class stuff.  I get unendingly pissed at crap behavior from my tech.  And, no, I will never, EVER, be buying titan / 4090 like ANYTHING, EVER.

You will pry my grid K2 hack from my cold_dead_hands

Oh so this is what you meant by your shit posting other thread you made later on...

Why did you make the other thread when this exists..? Because no one cares or replied?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz