Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Watch & Galaxy S24 Ultra, S24+, S24

Posted (edited)

Do you have the Gear S3 Frontier? I do. 

I decided to upgrade from my Note 20 to the S24 Ultra, found out the Gear S3 won't connect due to Samsung deciding it wants to kill of the watch ... why? who knows? but apparently this is also happening for phones as early as the S21. 

I did some research since this made me perturbed, my watch still works as well as the day I bought it. I am linking to a reddit thread I found, and I will also quote the instructions that worked for me. Quotes are the most relevant that I found.

I hope this helps someone here with the same issue.

<Disclaimer> The linked apk is an older version of the wearables app. This is not intended to be a hack or crack, but as always, follow the instructions below at your own risk 

Reddit Link

Below are the steps I used, I included a link for the files also.

• Download the older versions of the wearables app and the gear S plugin app  (I got the apps from apkpure.net)

• put your phone in airplane mode and enable bluetooth

• manually set the date on your phone to December 3 2023

• install the apps on your phone, wearable 1st plugin app 2nd

• power on your watch and connect your phone to the watch via bluetooth

• the wear app should open and follow the setup instructions from there

• after or near the end of setup you may need to connect your phone back to wifi or connect to restore your backup for the watch. goodluck!

Below is a link to download the files.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11249dij-GEylIdGVnFuwgr5caWY7epJF

Mine is stuck at the congratulations screen... I press continue but it doesn't make nothing.... In the watch it says to finish the config process in the phone.

This happened to me when I turned off airplane mode. Turned it back on and restarted app. I made sure everything setup correctly before turning airplane mode off and changing the date back. You also need to allow the watch to reset. You can then restore your last backup of the watch.

This happened to me when I turned off airplane mode. Turned it back on and restarted app. I made sure everything setup correctly before turning airplane mode off and changing the date back. You also need to allow the watch to reset. You can then restore your last backup of the watch.

basically, believe the steps I did were:

turned airplane mode back on, turned bluetooth back on,  set date back to Dec 3, 2023,  then killed the Wearable app (closed it).

Started Wearable app again and started getting a bunch of permissions to allow.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER