Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas

I have nvidia physx downloaded (dont know what it is) but i have an amd card. Should I get rid of it to help with this problem?

yes get rid of it, it will not install.  It will also not affect this problem though.

I had Physx installed when I was running AMD GPUs. Noticed it one day when looking through the "add/remove programs" list. I never had any Nvidia GPUs installed in my system prior, so I thought that was odd and removed it. Not too long after, I discovered there was a game or app that required it (can't remember which, sorry), but I had to then reinstall it. 

So if you have it, there's a reason why. I would not uninstall it. It won't affect anything anyways, it's not harmful.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I had Physx installed when I was running AMD GPUs. Noticed it one day when looking through the "add/remove programs" list. I never had any Nvidia GPUs installed in my system prior, so I thought that was odd and removed it. Not too long after, I discovered there was a game or app that required it (can't remember which, sorry), but I had to then reinstall it. 

So if you have it, there's a reason why. I would not uninstall it. It won't affect anything anyways, it's not harmful.

What do you think about my video? Is it normal? NVM Didnt see last replay...

So how do I actually lower LOD bias? Im using amd radeon crimson 16.1.

What do you think about my video? Is it normal? NVM Didnt see last replay...

Did some quick testing in TW# using the same settings you used. Looked exactly the same on my PC. I tried turning the sharpening off in post processing settings, made no difference. I tried 1440 DSR, was slightly improved. Tried 4K DSR, was better but still had the flickering effect when moving around. It's just the way the game is. It's normal for 1080p. :/

Okay i got another vid with Far Cry 3 made by myself...Text is in polish but i can tell you that everything is maxed out.Now check the shadows flickering and aslo those white bars are visable.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbdzJUTHy6w&feature=youtu.be

Looks like some minor optimization and shadow LOD distance glitching/issues. Not normal, but also not the GPU's fault. 

So how do I actually lower LOD bias? Im using amd radeon crimson 16.1.

AFAIK, there is no LOD distance adjustment option anymore and hasn't been since games moved on from DX9. At least not for Nvidia GPUs since the GTX 400 series anyways. You'd have to try searching and see if anyone has found a way to do it with modern AMD GPUs. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

huh, that's dumb.  Reminds me of installing the AMD dual-core optimizer program on a machine with an i5 :D

VlQgpV0.png

Found this installed on my computer just now. Pretty much sums up dealing with my entire family.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Jaggies... Jaggies everywhere... this is with TXAA2+FXAA aliasing

FigNQwS.jpg 

Ok so i want to show you my desktop...If you look closer to the skse on left side of all icons you can see this have a doubled image.Just look at the "SKSE" and on the right of it there is like shadow of this text.

Same goes for "start" button with the windows logo.I can see it on ss little harder than on monitor but its still visable.I think this have something to do with this broken shadows and stuff.Also tomorrow or today i'll check if on gtx 650 it lookes better.(hat this card before mine and didnt see the any flickering bars,had same resolution always but lowered details and shadows)

post-295962-0-61198400-1452942680_thumb.

Normal or not, that's pretty bad; regardless, something need to be done about this.

Ok so i want to show you my desktop...If you look closer to the skse on left side of all icons you can see this have a doubled image.Just look at the "SKSE" and on the right of it there is like shadow of this text.

Same goes for "start" button with the windows logo.I can see it on ss little harder than on monitor but its still visable.I think this have something to do with this broken shadows and stuff.Also tomorrow or today i'll check if on gtx 650 it lookes better.(hat this card before mine and didnt see the any flickering bars,had same resolution always but lowered details and shadows)

I don't think I can see what you're talking about, but I believe the image you posted has been resized slightly by the forum since it doesn't look as crisp as it should.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Normal or not, that's pretty bad; regardless, something need to be done about this.

I don't think I can see what you're talking about, but I believe the image you posted has been resized slightly by the forum since it doesn't look as crisp as it should.

post-295962-0-46794000-1452978076.png

That looks perfectly normal to me.  Can you circle or describe the issue?

FigNQwS.jpg 

Yeah, that is normal for that level of AA. You need to turn it up to at least 2xMSAA + FXAA and it will look a lot better.

attachicon.gifPrzechwytywanie.PNG

Sorry but I don't see any of what you're describing. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Yeah, that is normal for that level of AA. You need to turn it up to at least 2xMSAA + FXAA and it will look a lot better.

Sorry but I don't see any of what you're describing. 

I mean that you should zoom your face to screen and look after the text,for example look at the text (SKSE) and near the text you can see a shadow of it/doubled text.

Edit:Skurwysyny it was my monitor with those texts,gonna buy new soon.Photo made by my phone lol

post-295962-0-47236300-1452986184.png

post-295962-0-80218400-1452986640.jpg

WTF these guys are on crack im done.. ^ the fuck man? get a new set of eyes.

EDIT thanks for new pic, shit monitor m8

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

I mean that you should zoom your face to screen and look after the text,for example look at the text (SKSE) and near the text you can see a shadow of it/doubled text.

Edit:Skurwysyny it was my monitor with those texts,gonna buy new soon.Photo made by my phone lol

That's a problem with your monitor.  It won't show up in screenshots

That's a problem with your monitor.  It won't show up in screenshots

IKR Now

IKR Now

That's some real bad quality monitor right there, are you using DVI/HDMI though? looks like a bad VGA connection.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

i've got that problem too, but i think thats a cable problem, try to change it from dvi to hdmi, thats exactly what i meant when i tell anyone about short hollow shadow but very transparent, I dont know the connection but changing the cable to hdmi fix this issue for me

edit

I use DVI slot but then use a DVI to D-Sub adapter so it's analog connection all along but like I said changing to HDMI fix the issue

That's some real bad quality monitor right there, are you using DVI/HDMI though? looks like a bad VGA connection.

My monitor have dsub and card is dvi.Cabel is with both things.

My monitor have dsub and card is hdmi.Cabel is with both things.

well that explains it.  VGA (dsub) can lead to all sorts of visual problems like this because it is an analog signal

So should i get monitor with dvi?Will it solve all problems including witcher flickering?

So should i get monitor with dvi?Will it solve all problems including witcher flickering?

It's important to understand the distinction between problems with your display and graphical glitches that are already present when the signal leaves your GPU.  It's not going to solve anti-aliasing issues, or texture pop-in, or anything like that, but it would eliminate that ghosting problem since no good screen will ever do that.

It's important to understand the distinction between problems with your display and graphical glitches that are already present when the signal leaves your GPU.  It's not going to solve anti-aliasing issues, or texture pop-in, or anything like that, but it would eliminate that ghosting problem since no good screen will ever do that.

But when i recorded witcher 3 it doesnt have anything to do with my monitor right?

I thought TXAA is better than traditional MSAA?, anyway MSAA2x, MSAA4x TXAA2 and TXAA4 give same result, only TXAA4 give a little less Jaggies (but still there), take look here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwEfRO_8F21vTTB4NGJ5T2NUdG8/view?usp=sharing