Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas

No that isnt normal.. but these dickheads wont stop before everybody agree with their opinion. Whatever this thread isnt anymore about finding a solution its just some people who dont know shit about it try to convince others that its normal, although they dont experienced it.

Better spam more videos so that cloud7 and the other experts can say the same to all of them :D i guess they can close the thread cause anything helpful wasnt posted for days^^

I can only say it again, i hope these people who dont believe it exists get the problem as well (it wont happen cause thats the way the world is) then they can tell us how "normal" that is.

I find it just impudent cause you claim all people with this problem as idiots, as MarkFMB said he plays video games for 15 years and after 15 years suddenly he sees this shimmering and everything.. very strange.

I know how the same game with same options and hardware looked a half year ago as i played for example arma2 for years and i can distinguish between normal aliasing and these shimmering/flickering with every move so that its unplayable. There was no Update no hardware change, nothing. And its the same on my old Pc that i didnt touche for 2 years, Everybody can do as he pleases, in my opinion there is no need to convince these guys cause they'll find an excuse for everything anyway.

This thread should be about finding a solution for that proplem, although its very hard and the reason for that isnt easy to find, otherwise there would be a solution allready.

I tested my Pc in a friends house and his game(s) looked normal with normal aliasing etc and my games were unplayable as i said. So it cant be the Monitor (as we both used his).

The electricity thing is the most likely cause for that, cause every Pc in our House got the problem. As i said the problem still exists when i took him to my friends house, so if the electricity causes it, it harmes the gpu or whatever permanent.

So i ordered an psu with 700w so it should be enough to protect my pc aswell as my monitor, I also bought a cheap gpu. The plan is to build the gpu into my pc in a friends house to see if its the gpu which is harmed. (If that is the cause the pc should run fine with the new gpu).

After that i would use the pc in my house with the protection of the psu to see if it protects the pc (gpu in that case) of getting damaged.

Have to wait atleast for monday to get both so i'll give an update after the tests.

have a nice day 

Lol dude u make the point of probably what age you have , coming here and insulting people that have spended time on search to an 'explaination' you don't want to listen (and i can accept the fact that somebody is not gonna believe what in the last posts we said, but insulting..seriously? How in the hell you want to be HELPED pointing your filthy finger to people you don't know and have dedicated some time to that topic huh?

And that's all because you probably crying that you aren't able to get the awesome graphics you 'imagine' to get with a decent PC .

Saying that someone is playing games from 15years means nothing (i play videogames since commodore 64 white pixels on black screen, and at least i have 22/23 years of gaming on my shoulder lol so what ? this make me the great sage of the nerd?) , have you had any antialiasing or fullhd resolution back to 15 years ago? Just to say 'HEY 15 YEARS AGO GAMES LOOKED BETTER' did i miss something?

I had some doubt on z-fighting glitch too , and i said not only once that i have feel a sorta of little downgrade with the LOD Distance Draw in many games,

So instead of crying as you like to do , i'm doing my research , TESTING things with some proof (the video you call SPAM , yeah better get some video from anonymous player with a shitty compression and without knowing how they play that on what they play that) .

You tested the pc of your friend??? good! so show to us how it is better , go to your friend or ask him to make some video (if he had nvidia it's easy really easy, if he have AMD just use fraps , free version with 60 seconds of free record uncompressed it's enough to show some glitch) and then make a video of your getting so WORST then let's compare them and see if there's really a difference.

And just for the record i have read in many forum that the mega electrical virus it 'SPREAD' once you use an infected pc wherever you use that, wohooo what fear...so why the pc of your friend works fine now don't you have infected your friend with bat electricity?? 

Or maybe the aliens are coming so they disturb the electrical magnetic frequencies and show us all the program we see with some jaggies flickering and whatever , fuck we're screwed.

You want help but you lack of politeness. Great Job.

This is a short GTA5 video i uploaded last night, even with 4xMSAA+FXAA you can still see shimmering/texture crawling in early part of the video but it looked much worst without it.

IMHO it is the game engine, correct me if I'm wrong.

White flashes because i activated on the fly overclock.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

This is a short GTA5 video i uploaded last night, even with 4xMSAA+FXAA you can still see shimmering/texture crawling in early part of the video but it looked much worst without it.

IMHO it is the game engine, correct me if I'm wrong.

-snip-

White flashes because i activated on the fly overclock.

I'm running the same settings and see the same thing in this game. Can check my footage to compare posted back on page 26 (I think). It's normal for this game. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

A user named "Guss" bother to make modded drivers with working LOD bias. He said it only took him a few lines of code.

Here is the thread in which you can find all of this on the LOD bias: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/529407/geforce-drivers/clamp-negative-lod-bias/

I will say this again, the difference of the two screenshots is noticable in the sharpness and graininess of the textures and models. !NO amount of AA fixes this. You can turn on 8x SGSSAA and it will still have those!. LOD bias however did help a lot. What you see in the screenshots is not a difference in AA, it is a difference of two cards. Again, a lot of that sharpness can be solved by manually turning up the LOD bias, NOT by turning up AA. But manually turning up LOD bias doesn't work as great as when nvidia would make a properly functioning LOD bias again.

This is the exact same settings with normal broken LOD bias:

auto_lod_msaa8rj6r.png

This is the exact same settings with a normally functioning LOD bias:

lod_0_msaa4njug.png

The thread I linked has the modded drivers that fixes LOD bias. You can see all of the difference for yourself.

Note that this is a lot more visible in motion and while actually playing the game rather then in screenshost.

You appear to have a point...

Hmm..

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

Hmm..

The thing of LOD Bias , is true (or to be more specific i believe that) , nvidia and then amd killed that option from their driver, but the fact is that they killed these driver settings 3/4 years ago, there's people that are complaining about a changing of that settings from like , "two months ago it worked and now nope" . 

If they actually deleted the LOD Bias settings , what we have to do beside considering these things 'normal' nowadays? The only options is to trusting some modded driver that bypass the block of LOD Bias and try these driver hoping they will not fuck something instead of resolving some issue.

Hmm..

Thanks for quoting that post. I had not seen that before. Going to look further into this "LOD bias" and see if this may be related to the problem people are claiming to be experiencing... 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

The thing of LOD Bias , is true (or to be more specific i believe that) , nvidia and then amd killed that option from their driver, but the fact is that they killed these driver settings 3/4 years ago, there's people that are complaining about a changing of that settings from like , "two months ago it worked and now nope" . 

If they actually deleted the LOD Bias settings , what we have to do beside considering these things 'normal' nowadays? The only options is to trusting some modded driver that bypass the block of LOD Bias and try these driver hoping they will not fuck something instead of resolving some issue.

I think trying the modded drivers wouldn't harm anything. Worst case is it doesn't work and you just reinstall the latest/newest drivers again. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

I think trying the modded drivers wouldn't harm anything. Worst case is it doesn't work and you just reinstall the latest/newest drivers again. ;)

Well i've seen some 'xtreme-g geforce' driver that increase the image quality and tweak some stuff i don't know, but , i have some lack of trust in such things lol , btw right now i'm trying some settings about lod bias (through nvinspector) that someone confirm they actually 'work' i'll inform here if they actually work or not.

So did they lock out the LOD tweaks due to benchmark fixing?

I remember way back in the day with Rivatuner and manually adjusting the MipMap bias to my liking.

Kinda like forcing extra layers of Anisotropic filtering (by the looks of it) in your image (whether it improved filtering or not, another story, but it did add shimmer thats for sure)

Can't believe I forgot about all this stuff (well it is locked, and likely has been for a while?, so no doubt I would)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I'm pretty sure that this kind of texture degradation was not present before! And PLEASE don't tell me that this is normal because IT IS NOT.

http://postimg.org/image/67ii6vf23/

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

So did they lock out the LOD tweaks due to benchmark fixing?

I remember way back in the day with Rivatuner and manually adjusting the MipMap bias to my liking.

Kinda like forcing extra layers of Anisotropic filtering (by the looks of it) in your image (whether it improved filtering or not, another story, but it did add shimmer thats for sure)

Can't believe I forgot about all this stuff (well it is locked, and likely has been for a while?, so no doubt I would)

Well i actually tried these settings that could do the work , but it seems to resolve nothing , and add more shimmer , i've noticed an increased transparency AA , but nothing to yell miracle , and the shimmer got worse (tried Dark Souls 2 and Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux , ethan it's the most perfect (and newer engine) in image quality , just some foliage shimmer that i consider normal , and some z-fighting in far far far texture (that seems an error of the texture itself) but with these settings well..shit :) )

I'm pretty sure that this kind of texture degradation was not present before! And PLEASE don't tell me that this is normal because IT IS NOT.

GTA5...?

GTA5 is actually very prone to aliasing, more than most games actually as far as I've noticed.

Dunno what to tell ya, when did this start?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Have you tried to totally reset your NVCP ? not by restoring 'global' but the entire driver settings (top right corner of driver page under the minimize icon)? (sadly i don't know if this is normal or not , i don't own GTA V , is that gta right? lol)

I will try that option, so far I've restored gta v NCP settings multiple times....

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Sorry, but that is normal. Look, you can see the lines of pixels in that image. How is it supposed to make a perfect thin diagonal line (the light reflecting on the chrome bumper) when there are too few pixels and the pixels are too large to show it properly? I see this too in GTA 5 at 1080p. It is normal for this resolution.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

I just wrote that this anomaly didn't happen before, if it did I would definitely notice  these harsh lines of 1999 AA but whatever!

I just wrote that this anomaly didn't happen before, if it did I would definitely notice  these harsh lines of 1999 AA but whatever!

I remember when you went to the store, bought a game, went home, plugged it into your platform of choice, and played the game.

No patches.

No online.

No DLC.

No Uplay required.

Times change and not all changes are good. Games are exponentially more complicated than before. Part and parcel my friend.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

have you changed something in your pc?

Gpu? or something else? even the OS ?

I remember when you went to the store, bought a game, went home, plugged it into your platform of choice, and played the game.

No patches.

No online.

No DLC.

No Uplay required.

Times change and not all changes are good. Games are exponentially more complicated than before. Part and parcel my friend.

Yeah only the cd-key to go :) that was awesome time (and even on console at least within PS2 era) :)

have you changed something in your pc?

Gpu? or something else? even the OS ?

Nope. I'm still using 358.50 drivers

Nope. I'm still using 358.50 drivers

Same driver i installed the day i've buyed the card .

Did you change monitor ? or something else? (even the video cables)

Do you feel the problem the day you bought the card?

Lol dude u make the point of probably what age you have , coming here and insulting people that have spended time on search to an 'explaination' you don't want to listen (and i can accept the fact that somebody is not gonna believe what in the last posts we said, but insulting..seriously? How in the hell you want to be HELPED pointing your filthy finger to people you don't know and have dedicated some time to that topic huh?

And that's all because you probably crying that you aren't able to get the awesome graphics you 'imagine' to get with a decent PC .

Saying that someone is playing games from 15years means nothing (i play videogames since commodore 64 white pixels on black screen, and at least i have 22/23 years of gaming on my shoulder lol so what ? this make me the great sage of the nerd?) , have you had any antialiasing or fullhd resolution back to 15 years ago? Just to say 'HEY 15 YEARS AGO GAMES LOOKED BETTER' did i miss something?

I had some doubt on z-fighting glitch too , and i said not only once that i have feel a sorta of little downgrade with the LOD Distance Draw in many games,

So instead of crying as you like to do , i'm doing my research , TESTING things with some proof (the video you call SPAM , yeah better get some video from anonymous player with a shitty compression and without knowing how they play that on what they play that) .

You tested the pc of your friend??? good! so show to us how it is better , go to your friend or ask him to make some video (if he had nvidia it's easy really easy, if he have AMD just use fraps , free version with 60 seconds of free record uncompressed it's enough to show some glitch) and then make a video of your getting so WORST then let's compare them and see if there's really a difference.

And just for the record i have read in many forum that the mega electrical virus it 'SPREAD' once you use an infected pc wherever you use that, wohooo what fear...so why the pc of your friend works fine now don't you have infected your friend with bat electricity?? 

Or maybe the aliens are coming so they disturb the electrical magnetic frequencies and show us all the program we see with some jaggies flickering and whatever , fuck we're screwed.

You want help but you lack of politeness. Great Job.

:D never asked for your help, cause as i pointed out (and you proof it) you dont know anything about this problem.

I also dont see the point convincing you, cause as you dont have it you wont be helpful at all.

The only thing that ticks me off is that its the same spam as in every thread, nobody wants to read 30 pages with videos and explanations that everything is normal.

This thread should be about getting rid of the problem, not discuss if there is any problem.

This will lead to nothing.. and btw dont be so mad, i never said that there is any electrical virus or anything. 

Thanks for quoting that post. I had not seen that before. Going to look further into this "LOD bias" and see if this may be related to the problem people are claiming to be experiencing... 

Didn't realize you missed out on the first few pages of this thread.  Yes, please take a look at some of the initial images posted, it is quite interesting :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Ok, I just started doing some searching about LOD bias and apparently there are A LOT of people talking about it. I should have looked this up a long time ago. This could very well be the "problem" people are referring to. 

Apparently LOD bias has been clamped and the option to adjust has been removed from Nvidia drivers since Kepler (600/700 series). Not sure about AMD, I've never even heard of LOD bias before reading this thread. Stumbled upon lots of threads on GeForce forums and other forums of people asking Nvidia to bring it back. 

Interesting... Will keep investigating... 

Well one thing I can say is all my games still look the same as they did when I was running the R9 290(s). So it's possible AMD has done the same? I don't know. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

Didn't realize you missed out on the first few pages of this thread.  Yes, please take a look at some of the initial images posted, it is quite interesting :)

I did skim through the first few pages, but that was a month ago when the thread was first created. I then left the thread and came back to it more recently. Guess I'd forgotten what had been brought to light on those first few pages.

If this is the case, that the problem is LOD bias, wouldn't some of the other people here in this thread and in the other threads all over the internet, not have done more research and testing on this and have found a solution (or potential solution at least) by now? I know someone posted a link to a tweaked driver, and I'm going to investigate that further. I'm just thinking there should be more concrete data on this by now.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler