Low image quality on newer GPUs

Demiqas

:D never asked for your help, cause as i pointed out (and you proof it) you dont know anything about this problem.

I also dont see the point convincing you, cause as you dont have it you wont be helpful at all.

The only thing that ticks me off is that its the same spam as in every thread, nobody wants to read 30 pages with videos and explanations that everything is normal.

This thread should be about getting rid of the problem, not discuss if there is any problem.

This will lead to nothing.. and btw dont be so mad, i never said that there is any electrical virus or anything. 

So why not just  tell that, instead of calling us DICKHEAD? And IDIOTS. But Nope. Just insult whoever you want.

Btw , i know nothing but i was talking about the jaggies the shimmering and the flickering too , what problem do you have besides this? (oh and the strange shadow box that happens in some game for some user too close )

So you don't see nothing in my video? I'm good? why you don't post your own video so we can compare ? If yours have so worst effect than mine and other ppl will be clear to everyone.

You know that i posted here eventually in the begin, because i was thinking there's a problem on my rig too? , and i'm not convincing myself of nothing , i only accepted the most 'logical' explaination that @MEC-777 give to me and with some proof.

And as i stated from the begin all of these problems lead to LOD Bias thing and if you are so good , probably you have noticed that the first topic in other forums talking about that are from 2013 or even more old :).

I'm here because, i believe, who think they have some problem with something (because i don't think MarkFMB or Demisquas are crazy) , but no one of you have ever posted something (the only one was Tic-Tac but i could not help him because i don't have gta 5) of your own rig , neither what configuration you have , just 'hey we have that problem on everything, no one can see it , just take these screenshot from a topic of 2013 and give to us some help' :) .

As MEC said above someone like me and him now got interested in the LOD BIAS thing , and i think that topic have a bad title from the begin (because someone thinked there was a nvidia fault , then amd started to have problems too , then the topic was renamed with 'NEWER GPU PROBLEM' wrong, 700/600 series of nvidia have that too , and 7xxx series have that too , not so new series of cards.)

but no my help is not needed , i just know nothing , i'm just a dickhead , i have telled MarkFMB some bullshit on youtube recompression of pre rendered video (so go crazy with the teory that youtube have jagged lines and temporal aliasing fucked up and try to find a solution) , i'm here to spam , and who cares about everything :D.

So why not just  tell that, instead of calling us DICKHEAD? And IDIOTS. But Nope. Just insult whoever you want.

Btw , i know nothing but i was talking about the jaggies the shimmering and the flickering too , what problem do you have besides this? (oh and the strange shadow box that happens in some game for some user too close )

So you don't see nothing in my video? I'm good? why you don't post your own video so we can compare ? If yours have so worst effect than mine and other ppl will be clear to everyone.

You know that i posted here eventually in the begin, because i was thinking there's a problem on my rig too? , and i'm not convincing myself of nothing , i only accepted the most 'logical' explaination that @MEC-777 give to me and with some proof.

And as i stated from the begin all of these problems lead to LOD Bias thing and if you are so good , probably you have noticed that the first topic in other forums talking about that are from 2013 or even more old :).

I'm here because, i believe, who think they have some problem with something (because i don't think MarkFMB or Demisquas are crazy) , but no one of you have ever posted something (the only one was Tic-Tac but i could not help him because i don't have gta 5) of your own rig , neither what configuration you have , just 'hey we have that problem on everything, no one can see it , just take these screenshot from a topic of 2013 and give to us some help' :) .

As MEC said above someone like me and him now got interested in the LOD BIAS thing , and i think that topic have a bad title from the begin (because someone thinked there was a nvidia fault , then amd started to have problems too , then the topic was renamed with 'NEWER GPU PROBLEM' wrong, 700/600 series of nvidia have that too , and 7xxx series have that too , not so new series of cards.)

but no my help is not needed , i just know nothing , i'm just a dickhead , i have telled MarkFMB some bullshit on youtube recompression of pre rendered video (so go crazy with the teory that youtube have jagged lines and temporal aliasing fucked up and try to find a solution) , i'm here to spam , and who cares about everything :D.

Atleast you realize it yourself

Same driver i installed the day i've buyed the card .

Did you change monitor ? or something else? (even the video cables)

Do you feel the problem the day you bought the card?

No, no changes. Pretty strange problems. I think that reflection or some sort of a filter is not done right by R * or they just purposely degraded to give better performance because I'm positive that this didn't happen before or at least not in this quantity...

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

No, no changes. Pretty strange problems. I think that reflection or some sort of a filter is not done right by R * or they just purposely degraded to give better performance because I'm positive that this didn't happen before or at least not in this quantity...

Well from what i remember , some of the first in game patch by rockstar had some effect of downgrade (if you search over google you will retrieve various online magazine talking about that) , so it's possible that they purposely degraded again .

Going to try messing around with NVinspector and see if it makes any difference... 

Link if anyone else want's to try: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

If that doesn't many any difference, will try this: http://tweakforce.com/

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Going to try messing around with NVinspector and see if it makes any difference... 

Link if anyone else want's to try: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

If that doesn't many any difference, will try this: http://tweakforce.com/

Tried nvinspector with AC Syndicate and PCars, no difference. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

i've tried various settings with Dark Souls 2 , Ethan Carter , Metal Gear Ground Zeroes , and sadly not a change , instead with some heavy negative LOD BIAS (DX) the shimmer increase

For AMD card changing LOD bias only works on DX9 games, maybe it's the same for Nvidia as well? Probably that's why both vendor dropped LOD opt/clamp in their driver at the same time.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

For AMD card changing LOD bias only works on DX9 games, maybe it's the same for Nvidia as well? Probably that's why both vendor dropped LOD opt/clamp in their driver at the same time.

Good point , these tweakforce driver are for AMD too , so someone with an amd card can try these 'modded' driver too.

Good point , these tweakforce driver are for AMD too , so someone with an amd card can try these 'modded' driver too.

There's no need for AMD modded driver, you can edit the registry to modify LOD value or use this tiny program to do it for you. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403389

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

There's no need for AMD modded driver, you can edit the registry to modify LOD value or use this tiny program to do it for you. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403389

oh good, it's like RadeonPro , but did solve the effect of broken Lod Bias on dx11 games? (i don't have amd card but this can be useful for someone who have the problem of lod bias with an amd card)

I think trying the modded drivers wouldn't harm anything. Worst case is it doesn't work and you just reinstall the latest/newest drivers again. ;)

Afaik the modded drivers to bring back lod clamping work only on dx9 games. So they can't fix these artifacts in contemporary games.

Afaik the modded drivers to bring back lod clamping work only on dx9 games. So they can't fix these artifacts in contemporary games.

And this is probably the cause that no one have ever find a solution for the dx10/11 games in almost 4 years and sadly becoming a 'normal' thing to deal with :( , the only thing is strange that some user seems to percept these 'glitches' only on recent time and eventually , someone think it's everything alright then one day it degraded.

I also read in other forums that , even in the dx11 itself seems to not have a compatibility with clamp lod bias anymore. (don't know if it is true or not).

oh good, it's like RadeonPro , but did solve the effect of broken Lod Bias on dx11 games? (i don't have amd card but this can be useful for someone who have the problem of lod bias with an amd card)

Nope, only works in DX9 games.

So, if there is no LOD bias adjustment options possible for DX11+ games, then we can conclude what we are seeing is "normal" as this is simply the way these games are made and the way the drivers are made. If there is no such option for this and never will be, then this is what we are stuck with.

Quite frankly, I still don't see this as a problem or issue as I've always accepted aliasing artifacts/anomalies as a direct result of the level of detail vs the resolution. In most triple A games, the in-game AA options typically do a pretty good job IMO, but you still can't completely eliminate these effects 100% unless you go to a much higher resolution (4K+). I'm used to the way games look at 1080p and they still look great to me. So until I can afford to go 4K, I'm just gonna enjoy my games and be happy with what I got. ;)

As for those claiming to notice these things "overnight", I honestly don't know what to tell you.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

OK so just to make sure, no one has found a solution. I have an i5 6500 and a R9 380x and this problem persists. Some people say to try forving aa and af in the crimson control panel but that doesnt work. So has anyone found a solution? And what is LOD bias? Im kinda new to pcs. thx 

OK so just to make sure, no one has found a solution. I have an i5 6500 and a R9 380x and this problem persists. Some people say to try forving aa and af in the crimson control panel but that doesnt work. So has anyone found a solution? And what is LOD bias? Im kinda new to pcs. thx 

LOD(Level Of Detail) Bias is a setting that controls at which distance from the player the texture start to lower their resolution.

No solution for Dx11 , it seems that sometimes forcing an external AA (like driver forcing) could do some work , but not in every game.

For the rest as MEC-777 said the post before yours, it can be considered a 'normal' issue.

LOD(Level Of Detail) Bias is a setting that controls at which distance from the player the texture start to lower their resolution.

No solution for Dx11 , it seems that sometimes forcing an external AA (like driver forcing) could do some work , but not in every game.

For the rest as MEC-777 said the post before yours, it can be considered a 'normal' issue.

If its `normal` the should ####ing fix it. Sorry it just make me angry because gta 5 and some other games are basically unplayable (over exaggeration, but you know what I mean). 

And thank you 

As for those claiming to notice these things "overnight", I honestly don't know what to tell you.  

The graphics do lower in quality after some time with nvidia cards. With my first newer card, the gtx 960 I gave this the benefit of the doubt. After that I got an gt 610 for testing purposes and then the gtx 750 ti and it happened on both of them. Graphics look fantastic for the first few days, increased draw distance in all games, no temporal aliasing visible, then after two weeks everything goes to shit again. Two weeks is the timeframe I noticed on all three cards.

I think that if nvidia didn't prop up the image quality somehow for the first two weeks, no one would've even noticed this. Now I've seen that it's possible for the graphics to be a lot better and am wondering what exactly the limiting factor is. There must be one because I can't imagine any company would do this on purpose.

Shall I tell you something funny? Look at this post I made a while ago:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/373591-which-of-this-4-cards-would-be-the-best-choice/ (Scroll down a little to see my post)

This was when I first got my gtx 960 and was happy because the graphics looked great. Understand that I have no reason to make any of this up.

OK I've just about given up hope that anyone will find what is causing these things, but there are a few more things I feel like I should share. I know a lot of you are now thinking it is due to the elimination of the LOD bias tweak, but I still think it's something else. Someone posted that the LOD bias option was eliminated years ago, but these issues have only been happening for me for about a year. And by the way, I don't think it's normal. Is it becoming more widespread? Yes. Is it normal? No.

I was considering that maybe it was normal, but after redownloading and playing Skyrim the other night and seeing the way it looks now as compared to the way it used to, it is unquestionably not normal. If it is now normal to have these shitty graphics on a reasonably powerful pc, then why did Skyrim on the ps3 look WAY better than it now does on my pc.

Unlike a lot of people, I can actually pinpoint the exact moment this problem started happening for me. I upgraded from a 750ti to a 970 in order to play Witcher 3, which at the time had just recently come out. The card worked great for some weeks or maybe about a month, just as Demiqas has pointed out. Then one day while playing Witcher 3 (my 2nd playthrough) things seemed to go haywire out of nowhere. I came up on about 3 enemies and started fighting them, when all of the sudden I started getting stutter so bad that it created a strobe effect like everything was in slow motion. Then, while this was happening, the colors on screen went crazy. Everything turned to a green tint, then everything turned to a blue tint, then everything turned to a red tint, before going back to normal color. This happened in about the span of fifteen seconds. After the colors returned to normal, the stutter did not go away. I quit the game and went back to a previous save point. There was still stutter, but it was not near as bad.

Immediately after this is when the texture and model pop in started to occur, which the game DID NOT previously have on my rig. It took a while after this for the broken aa effect to kick in. It was as if the gpu got "zapped" at that moment when everything went crazy and never recovered from it, instead getting worse over time. Demiqas has said that this problem started for him after several blue screens of death, which I too have had several times since this started. I have since built 2 completely new computers since this (the keyboard and mouse were the only things I reused) and the problems persist.

Not everyone who claims to have this issue has had a blue screen or big graphical freak out when it started. This is confusing, and everything about this is confusing. There seems to be very few common factors between users.

I now have an AMD r7 series card and it has had the problem from the very first time I turned on the new computer.

OK I've just about given up hope that anyone will find what is causing these things, but there are a few more things I feel like I should share. I know a lot of you are now thinking it is due to the elimination of the LOD bias tweak, but I still think it's something else. Someone posted that the LOD bias option was eliminated years ago, but these issues have only been happening for me for about a year. And by the way, I don't think it's normal. Is it becoming more widespread? Yes. Is it normal? No.

I was considering that maybe it was normal, but after redownloading and playing Skyrim the other night and seeing the way it looks now as compared to the way it used to, it is unquestionably not normal. If it is now normal to have these shitty graphics on a reasonably powerful pc, then why did Skyrim on the ps3 look WAY better than it now does on my pc.

Unlike a lot of people, I can actually pinpoint the exact moment this problem started happening for me. I upgraded from a 750ti to a 970 in order to play Witcher 3, which at the time had just recently come out. The card worked great for some weeks or maybe about a month, just as Demiqas has pointed out. Then one day while playing Witcher 3 (my 2nd playthrough) things seemed to go haywire out of nowhere. I came up on about 3 enemies and started fighting them, when all of the sudden I started getting stutter so bad that it created a strobe effect like everything was in slow motion. Then, while this was happening, the colors on screen went crazy. Everything turned to a green tint, then everything turned to a blue tint, then everything turned to a red tint, before going back to normal color. This happened in about the span of fifteen seconds. After the colors returned to normal, the stutter did not go away. I quit the game and went back to a previous save point. There was still stutter, but it was not near as bad.

Immediately after this is when the texture and model pop in started to occur, which the game DID NOT previously have on my rig. It took a while after this for the broken aa effect to kick in. It was as if the gpu got "zapped" at that moment when everything went crazy and never recovered from it, instead getting worse over time. Demiqas has said that this problem started for him after several blue screens of death, which I too have had several times since this started. I have since built 2 completely new computers since this (the keyboard and mouse were the only things I reused) and the problems persist.

Not everyone who claims to have this issue has had a blue screen or big graphical freak out when it started. This is confusing, and everything about this is confusing. There seems to be very few common factors between users.

I now have an AMD r7 series card and it has had the problem from the very first time I turned on the new computer.

Can you reproduce the issue you have with a video , or an external recorder?

Because you talk about stutter and strange color issue on the screen , so i can suppose that maybe your card is defective? (bad vram? overheat? too much oc?) or something else (maybe another component but you didn't tell in your post which component you have in your 2 configuration , monitor included).

I had similar problem (but no stutter at all) with Syndicate, it give me some Artifact , crashed to desktop (no bsod) , uninstall / reinstall driver , arctifact gone but i had the feel (fear probably) that something got bad , but as for now i can clearly see i have the identical same normal issue of everyone making some comparison.

So the point is , if you can reproduce somehow the issue you got, it will be 'easy' (or at least more practical) to see if there's something really wrong.

Btw i think making comparison of a GTX 970 vs whatever R7 card is useless , because it's nearly impossible that you can go for the same in game settings on these two cards for The Witcher 3 (maybe with all on low but no sense for that..)

Oh and also , the witcher 3 have some serious issue about model/texture pop in if you look for any video on youtube you will see that , i don't own the game but all the video i've seen in these months , have a very large character pop in (even near to geralt) and some texture pop in on the distance .

Oh and also , the witcher 3 have some serious issue about model/texture pop in if you look for any video on youtube you will see that , i don't own the game but all the video i've seen in these months , have a very large character pop in (even near to geralt) and some texture pop in on the distance .

Pop-ins and aliasing will always be there. The point is that in the first weeks of owning the card, the popins only happened at a much greater distance and temporal aliasing was practically non-existent, only "normal" aliasing was there.

Pop-ins and aliasing will always be there. The point is that in the first weeks of owning the card, the popins only happened at a much greater distance and temporal aliasing was practically non-existent, only "normal" aliasing was there.

the fact is , if none of you can reproduce that with your own rig, no one could check what kind of problem you have . (and if maybe an excessive temporal aliasing is not easy to see in a compressed video uploaded on youtube , the pop ins are really easy to see so one could compare at least one of the thing).

Saying 'temporal aliasing' or 'pop ins in a lower distance' is too general , it could be everything , a virus (but all of you have made several windows clean installation if i'm not wrong) , a game engine problem , a bad installation for the game , your monitor going crazy , the video cable you use , your hard disk dying , your psu having some problem (for the stutter case) , literally everything. 

The only one video i've seen from you it was an old video of Guild Wars 2 , and it was recorded on the 260x if i remember correctly , the first thing i noticed is that you was playing on a 1680x1050 screen resolution , so if you have changed the monitor from that to a 1080p is normal to see more aliasing if the game lack of AA (not everytime you put an high resolution means you have less aliasing effect it depend on game) and also even the 'pop ins' could increase , because the card have to render more detail that on 1050 was not necessary .

Btw , i'm not saying you don't have some problems , just to be clear .

But lack of information / proof / comparison with your rig and not with some unknown video from the web.

(except for the image of r2factor posted on another forum and begin 'solved' or better 'semi fixed' with the broken LOD Bias theory (you have to use patched direct3d9.dll or force the LOD with the program that some user posted a page ago)

The only one video i've seen from you it was an old video of Guild Wars 2 , and it was recorded on the 260x if i remember correctly , the first thing i noticed is that you was playing on a 1680x1050 screen resolution , so if you have changed the monitor from that to a 1080p is normal to see more aliasing if the game lack of AA (not everytime you put an high resolution means you have less aliasing effect it depend on game) and also even the 'pop ins' could increase , because the card have to render more detail that on 1050 was not necessary .

That video was to demonstrate a game looking properly, not wrong.

Well, @tsrbino, I don't know if you'd want to prove it by buying a new nvidia card but I myself am done with this, I sold my pc weeks ago.