Linus Vlog Channel

adambombing

Hey all,

I am relatively new to the forums, and I did a little searching to see if there were any mentions of creating a different channel for Linus Media Group to upload more vlog style videos. I didn't find any in my brief search, so I just wanted to say that I think it would be pretty cool to see some good behind the scenes videos/explainers of the production process.

Examples being a behind the scenes video of the start to finish process for a "As Fast As Possible" video, and similar videos for each video type LMG makes, and then some other videos about the non video operations of LMG. 

If there have been talks about them, I would be very interested in learning about the possibility of it happening! I loved the moving vlogs, and I think having a somewhat more formal outlet for vlog content on LMG and its processes would be interesting.

Let me know what you guys think of the idea or what you would rather see from a vlog style channel or whatever!

p.s. Sorry if this has been posted before!

he just uploaded another vlog on vessel about the production process...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Pretty sure nick at one point said they didnt want half a dozen channels for everything, so any vlogs would just get dropped to the main channel or superfun.

A lot of people want more blogs, but the guys don't wanna make them because theres a very vocal group who doesn't like them, and they are apparently far harder to actually produce.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

That would be a lot of work on top of how much effort to put into their videos already, but I agree that it would be interesting.

I don't think they would belong on the main channel, but perhaps he could create something like LinusTechTips2 where he does that.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I myself like the vlogs, except for when they're just stretched out excessively...

I wish we had old style unboxings again, those were baller, and more tech reviews and such as well.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I myself like the vlogs, except for when they're just stretched out excessively...

I wish we had old style unboxings again, those were baller, and more tech reviews and such as well.

Yeah I like the unboxings as Linus looks like a kid at christmas opening a present when he gets an item he's excited for.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I think I video a day is enough stress for linus and his crew. Every now and then he pops in a vlog so you just have to wait.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Takes time to film, process and post. It would be something that would be done free by LMG. Linus has mentioned many time he is in the business (literally) to grow a company and more media he produces that does not garner a return is a hit he has to take financially as he has to pay his editing crew to produce the video. Time is money especially with a start up like LMG in the business he in.

LMG is just getting over that 5 year going to make it mark. (the first 5 years is a make or broke period for any new company, fyi in case you didn't know)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Current style of when-something-happens-we-might-do-vlog works. They've said that its more work than just filming and uploading when you want to keep good quality. And uploading crappy cell videos isn't their thing (anymore ). Production process has been talked in WAN Shows and office tours. It isn't that different from other TV and movie productions. Just way smaller scale.

Other problem is that really few want to see Taran edit for 7mins. And that LMG can't show much of in-progress stuff.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I would watch it.

The only problem would be that after the moving blog what do they blog about.

I would watch it.

Stationary blog!

Now that I'm with keyboard and writing is much faster, I'll use this to make last point:

I would watch it.

And that is big problem. Events and major changes ARE interesting. Thats what vlogs should be about. Problem is that major tech events and going there is expensive and disrupts normal work flow. Thats why you have several Tech channels under view so that YOU can pick up most behind-the-scenes stuff when its happening.

Having camera follow you around whole normal work day gets stressing. And while LMG guys seem to goof around much, they DO work. Its not like they are part of SuperLinus reality-tv. If you like that kind of shows... Well lets just say that I usually don't. Watching people trying to act normal in front of camera filming them doing ordinary stuff is boring and awkward.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv