Skylake Unlocked with Undisclosed BLCK Mod

DKL

http://www.play3r.net/overclock/locked-intel-skylake-cpus-can-be-unlocked-with-bclk-mod/

A guy going be the name DJ aka 'DHENZJHEN' determined what steps are necessary to remove the BLCK limitation on the locked Intel Skylake CPUs! While the BLCK has been rumored to be adjustable for use in overclocking, we have yet to find out how to actually do it. Many tried to but failed to even get a modest stable overclock. 

This could result in i3 gaining much more value than ever before!

DJ has only shown us 120 BCLK, but there’s no reason why he can’t go into the 200 range, as the BCLK generator is external with the introduction of Skylake, and it doesn’t tie into other clock ranges such as PCI-E frequency for example. In theory, 6 GHz or more is possible, but we will have to wait to see how this one develops.

DJ's benchmarks (All 1st place!) :

Cinebench 11.5 http://hwbot.org/submission/3048362_dhenzjhen_cinebench___r11.5_core_i3_6320_5.85_points

Cinebench 15 http://hwbot.org/submission/3048360_dhenzjhen_cinebench___r15_core_i3_6320_520_cb

Geekbench 3 http://hwbot.org/submission/3048364_dhenzjhen_geekbench3___multi_core_core_i3_6320_10751_points

This is a really interesting development. Maybe the 6320 is worth paying for if it can be overclocked! :o

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

looks like it also requires major cooling to work

1536391.jpg

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

it looks like a solder wire mod to the socket capacitor

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

What? How is this undisclosed? We've known about this since the release of skylake...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Read the title?

???

What are you talking about?

I have read the title...

Maybe try reading my post again?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What? How is this undisclosed? We've known about this since the release of skylake...

What have you known for months? Because the "locked skylakes can be overclocked" news was a rumor. I tried to overclock my G4400, no dice. Not even 101 BCLK will post. Friends tried with their i3 6300 and another with his i5 6500, again, none of them worked. Nowhere have I seen the method in which he bypassed the locked clock generator. If you could be so kind to point us to where you saw it, I would be more inclined to believe you. 

All we knew back then, was that the BCLK was not tied together with everything else like in the previous generations. This thread however, is news to me.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Not all boards are the same doe, and that unique connector at the bottom of that board. forgot what that's called. definitely not a M.2

bclk oc on locked skylaked was done with the ES, not them retails. I knew Intel would locked bclk up, cause if they're wide open then no one is going to buy the more expensive  unlocked i5 and i7.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

lF20v.png

I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

He's trying to say using LN2 to operate a 6320 at speeds above 5Ghz is going to be common now, what with this undisclosed voltage mod.

lF20v.png

I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

in the title "undisclosed blck mod" has actually been "disclosed" a long time ago, back when skylake was released

do you not remember all the news about skylake BLCK independent from other system clocks allowing for way more BLCK overclocking?

Spoiler

in the title "undisclosed blck mod" has actually been "disclosed" a long time ago, back when skylake was released

do you not remember all the news about skylake BLCK independent from other system clocks allowing for way more BLCK overclocking?

I probably didn't even exist here when that news started to spread.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The exact mod that is being used is NOT disclosed, although the idea behind it existing certainly has been.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

What have you known for months? Because the "locked skylakes can be overclocked" news was a rumor. I tried to overclock my G4400, no dice. Not even 101 BCLK will post. Friends tried with their i3 6300 and another with his i5 6500, again, none of them worked. Nowhere have I seen the method in which he bypassed the locked clock generator. If you could be so kind to point us to where you saw it, I would be more inclined to believe you. 

All we knew back then, was that the BCLK was not tied together with everything else like in the previous generations. This thread however, is news to me.

just FYI, all locked intel CPUs can be overclocked by BLCK

the only problem is that BLCK also changes the other system clocks (ram, pcie, pcx, etc) leading to instability almost instantly

the news that was NOT a rumour, and we have known since the release of skylake is that the skylake BLCK is NOT tied to the other system clocks, allowing BLCK overclocking far more than has ever been possible in the past

This has been known for months

Spoiler

just FYI, all locked intel CPUs can be overclocked by BLCK

the only problem is that BLCK also changes the other system clocks (ram, pcie, pcx, etc) leading to instability almost instantly

the news that was NOT a rumour, and we have known since the release of skylake is that the skylake BLCK is NOT tied to the other system clocks, allowing BLCK overclocking far more than has ever been possible in the past

This has been known for months

Why are you telling me what I just said? 

I do in fact own a Skylake CPU. The Pentium G4400. I have tried every manner to get it to post with even the slightest adjustment to the BCLK. I can try to change it to 100.1 right now, and it will not post. I have asked friends to test their locked CPU's, just to make sure it was not a Pentium or Asrock problem (One of them has an ASUS H170 board, other has a Gigabyte Z170 board) and they had the exact same problems. This method has not been seen by me or my friends. I have checked on the net just now, and found no other results (aside from what we see above). Therefore, this method has not been known for months. Once again, if you can prove otherwise that you knew about this method before this post, then i will be more inclined to believe you.

You should explain the news in your own words. Quotes should be used to support what you are saying, or to complete what you are saying.

Thank you.

You should explain the news in your own words. Quotes should be used to support what you are saying, or to complete what you are saying.

Thank you.

I edited the OP accordingly. Sorry, this is my first News topic ever, and I usually don't comment in this section either so I wasn't entirely aware of what the standard when creating a thread like this was. 

What's also interesting it that it states the motherboard is a supermicro H170, not even Z170.

What's also interesting it that it states the motherboard is a supermicro H170, not even Z170.

right... supermicro... known for sever stuff...

they prolly just forgot that consumer customers are more "naughty" then professional customers... so they prolly left a solder point on the board that they shouldnt have.

Oddly enough I've seen plenty of videos online now where they change BLCK without issues on unlocked skylake chips (I think jayz2cents did one?). So what's really curious is what's holding it back on chips with locked multiplier...

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

Oddly enough I've seen plenty of videos online now where they change BLCK without issues on unlocked skylake chips (I think jayz2cents did one?). So what's really curious is what's holding it back on chips with locked multiplier...

Most likely an artificial lock. You see plenty of people overclocking K series SKU's with the BCLK just fine, with super fine grain control (Talking .1 increments too). I can't even get my G4400 to post at 100.1 BCLK, even if i try to adjust RAM speeds to a lower frequency. Nothing makes it stable.