Model 01 - A Scratch Built Chassis [Finally done!]

Brodholm

i don't think it would be fair to give him the Build of the Week...i mean he didn't made a worklog here :D Even if he has the most epic PC i saw i a while

on the imugur link he has the build log, just read the 476 images xD

That's such an amazing build, man so much class.

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

on the imugur link he has the build log, just read the 476 images xD

Yep, you can find all the pictures there. I did not see any point in posting a 500 pic post and make the first page to load a pain in the ass :)

That's such an amazing build, man so much class.

Thank you very much! :)

It's so awesome!!! just love it :) Klart min favorit grymt jobbat :)

That is Amazing work.,.. Massive achievement, POTM

P2IOGN2h.jpg

I had to proudly take my pants off to stand at attention and give this the cock-eyed thumbs up, but I hard-knocked myself on the desk and now have to give you a salute sitting down...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

That is Amazing work.,.. Massive achievement, POTM

(snip)

I had to proudly take my pants off to stand at attention and give this the cock-eyed thumbs up, but I hard-knocked myself on the desk and now have to give you a salute sitting down...

Well, thanks I guess :D

POTM? They only thing I can think of is Priestess of the Moon (Dota geek) ;)

Holy mother of god... damn amazing build.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

• 1 month later...
Thanks!

I will be updating this build with a few things in a month or so. Just got the new full cover mombo block from EK! I just need to get some more pipe and some fittings before I can install it (Also time... midterm exams is messing with my free time)

I plan to make some sort of video from the build. So look out for that if you are interested!

Here is the motherboard block. I will take some pictures myself later!
EK-FB-ASUS-M6E_NA_motherboard_590_websho

I would also like to announce that I am working/designing my next project "Cubed". I will try and post some renders of that in a few weeks or so :)

Looks awesome :D

Akasa Venom Viper Full Tower Case | Intel i7-3930k @ 3.20Gh | Corsair 240Gb GT SSD Raid 0 | Samsung 23" LED 1080p FULL HD (x2) MSI Big Bang-ZPower II Socket 2011 XL ATX Board | Gigabyte GTX 680 | Windows 8.1 Pro | WD Caviar Red 3Tb HDD | Akasa Venom Voodoo high Performance CPU Coolerr | TP Link Wireless N DualBand | Pioneer BDR optical Drive | Corsair Vengance 16Gb Ram

What great craftsman ship you have dude that is a nice looking case for a hand made. Did you make the case by yourself?

$$金Trill金$$

Hope model 2 features the Rampage IV Black Edition and 4930K lol.

Who knows :)

What great craftsman ship you have dude that is a nice looking case for a hand made. Did you make the case by yourself?

Yes, designed and built it myself  :)

dat mobo block....

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Gr8 job, it looks Amazing!

What an art-piece.

Arguably the best build log i've seen.

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

Here is a few snapshots from what I am working on right now!

Let me know what you think. And if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to post them! I am all ears!

7tKMAyWh.png W9OTAEhh.png P9x0rj9h.png jXLCSpyh.png bxWotY6h.png Xa0Koiah.png vC52f9Qh.png 2ew0Nawh.png

Does the PSU suck air through the rad? :o 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

My favorite on the forum! mind telling me the cost of all this? :) thanks in advance, looks really good

Does the PSU suck air through the rad? :o

The fans push the air through the rads and the psu then takes that air and pushes it out. This works fine. Did the same way on "model 01". The fan in the psu rarely even spins up.

These PSUs can handle more than people give them credit for :)

My favorite on the forum! mind telling me the cost of all this? :) thanks in advance, looks really good

Thanks mate! 

Total cost of the chassis for me (materials laser cutting etc) was about 1600 usd or 1100 euros. And then I had to do all the work myself (bending, tapping, sanding etc etc)

*drools*

*Speachless*

Man this is sexy...

Thanks guys :)

Now that everything I have has just been shit on, congrats. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)