Model 01 - A Scratch Built Chassis [Finally done!]

Brodholm

As alp said, they have rotary bases that you can screw down. Its just a matter of fitting them good enough and start screwing. It is a bit painful but it works :)

I will buy this from you. Name your price.

well, if you are serious please hit me up on PM, I might be looking to finance the next project :)

Two words : Amazing Craftsmanship.

Interested in Business and Technology

• 3 weeks later...

Such beauty

Much precision

Wow

:o

Well done dude! It looks great! Aargh I can't wait to do something like this myself one day!

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

seriously this is one of the most amazing builds if seen the quality is amazing and the finish is awsome

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

This is seriously beautiful

Makes me look at my pc as a piece of shit :(

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

• 2 months later...

Updated the first post with videos etc and cleaned up the post a bit. Text etc. Also, an update on the upcoming CUBED project. Will hopefully have built my CNC this year and will start next summer with the Cubed project. Recived spindle, Inverter etc. Still wating on motors. I have all the parts laser cut and cut the frame last week as well. Just need "some" milling and welding  :D 

I also don't think I posted the Cubed renders here. So here are they:

Cubed

8YR7HJT.jpgmYGSMsd.jpgpov56P3.jpgiBiIG1F.jpgmElyJy2.jpgAnVdxQ3.jpgtZ48FLU.jpgvffqeIU.jpgH2buhiZ.jpg7BjrDwu.jpgRXIWUgK.jpgKZ47pSd.jpgbxhUyII.jpgaVlZTxY.jpgctLQHZM.jpg5PUlJfq.jpgPN7diLO.jpg4ZdFL1k.jpggQhXqCV.jpgjzZRmgx.jpgIX5B2XZ.jpg0uzOIz8.jpg

If someone is interested here is a render of the CNC I designed and am building. Will be in either black or white.
uuSaAKP.jpg

Pants are expensive, idk if I'll be able to keep looking at your build logs if you keep making me ruin them. I can't afford it...

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

This has got to be one of the most impressive build i have seen

XLOEXS ICase Corsair® Obsidian 250D | CPU Intel® Core™ i7 4790K | GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX TITAN Black 6GB | Motherboard Asus Z97i-Plus | Memory 16GB Corsair® Dominator™ Platinum DDR3-2133 (2x8GB) | HDD 3TB Seagate® Barracuda™ XT | SSD 500GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD | Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU block/Pump Combo, Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 + EKWB XTC CoolStream 140 Radiators, NoiseBlocker Black Silent Pro PLS 120mm X 2 + Corsair AF-140 Fans, Koolance TNK-501 Single 5.25in Bay Reservoir, Rev.1.1, Primochill Advance LRT Flexible PVC Tubing, Mayhems Pastel Mint Green Coolant | PSU Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply.

*response to OP*

I-came-buckets.jpg

Seriously bro, get sponsored, start manufacturing and selling this case. I would buy that fucker for $300 if possible(for just the case) without even the slightest bit of hesitation. (the first one, the full tower).

Also, would it be possible to get some schematics or something? I totally want this thing, I would be willing to take the schematics to a machine shop and have it replicated. Would be perfect for my fantasy glass tubing water cooling loop build (some day, I swear, when I have the money). I want something with a scientific/safety look, and with safety glass (the kind with the grid lines in it) as a window, this would be fucking perfect.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Pants are expensive, idk if I'll be able to keep looking at your build logs if you keep making me ruin them. I can't afford it...

But parts so guuuuud right? Need all parts! And need em now :P

This has got to be one of the most impressive build i have seen

Thanks mate!

Brodholm, dude, you are a fucking beast.

Haha :D

*response to OP*

I-came-buckets.jpg

Seriously bro, get sponsored, start manufacturing and selling this case. I would buy that fucker for $300 if possible(for just the case) without even the slightest bit of hesitation. (the first one, the full tower).

Also, would it be possible to get some schematics or something? I totally want this thing, I would be willing to take the schematics to a machine shop and have it replicated. Would be perfect for my fantasy glass tubing water cooling loop build (some day, I swear, when I have the money). I want something with a scientific/safety look, and with safety glass (the kind with the grid lines in it) as a window, this would be fucking perfect.

Problem is, its much much more expensive than 300$ to produce. 300$ like barley cover the cost of the aluminium and anodizing alone. Hell, laser cutting this is more than 300$...

Problem is, its much much more expensive than 300$ to produce. 300$ like barley cover the cost of the aluminium and anodizing alone. Hell, laser cutting this is more than 300$...

Haha know that feeling, PC enthusiasts have a bit of a habit of undervaluing custom work it seems. Had several people ask if I could make versions of Vesper for them, only they weren't willing to pay more than £70, despite the printing alone costing triple that, never mind the wood, aluminium, paint and labour costs. Same deal with Loramentum, machining's blooming expensive!

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Haha know that feeling, PC enthusiasts have a bit of a habit of undervaluing custom work it seems. Had several people ask if I could make versions of Vesper for them, only they weren't willing to pay more than £70, despite the printing alone costing triple that, never mind the wood, aluminium, paint and labour costs. Same deal with Loramentum, machining's blooming expensive!

Yeah, I had some people ask me if I could make them custom cables

with the sleeving technique I've used on HELIOS. But considering

how ridiculously labour-intensive that is, a full cable set would

probably cost between 400 and 1000 USD (depending on how many

cables there are and what I'd use as my hourly rate, naturally),

which, uhm, yeah, lol. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

But parts so guuuuud right? Need all parts! And need em now :P

Thanks mate!

Haha :D

I was thinking along the lines of if you somehow managed to get set up as a large manufacturer. Once a product is set up for mass manufacturing the price per unit typically drops. Still, even if you sold them on a per order basis, I'd pay for it. It's such a badass looking case. I know that if you could get set up for large scale manufacturing, and get the cost per unit to below $1000, it would sell amongst enthusiasts like hot cakes. Although that's a difficult thing to do and what not, but either way. Had you considered water jet cutting instead of laser cutting? If I remember right, it's far cheaper.

Nice work man, really nice.

Yeah, I had some people ask me if I could make them custom cables

with the sleeving technique I've used on HELIOS. But considering

how ridiculously labour-intensive that is, a full cable set would

probably cost between 400 and 1000 USD (depending on how many

cables there are and what I'd use as my hourly rate, naturally),

which, uhm, yeah, lol. :D

Exactly, I think that most ppl look at all the components/materials and say, hey this should just not cost more than that. And compare to mass produced products that are made in thousands of thousands of copies. Labor is the most "expensive" thing in a project like this. But since you are doing this for yourself you don't get any pay. But if you were to do one for another person you want something for all those hours. Its not "that fun" to sleeve cables, tap holes, sand everything down etc. It is at least a full time weeks job on the "model 01" if I had everything at hand and ready. A normal salary and fees for a company meant their worker costs them about 1500usd per week (worker taxes etc, salary). And then you also want to make some money. So things get out of hand very, very fast. 

I was thinking along the lines of if you somehow managed to get set up as a large manufacturer. Once a product is set up for mass manufacturing the price per unit typically drops. Still, even if you sold them on a per order basis, I'd pay for it. It's such a badass looking case. I know that if you could get set up for large scale manufacturing, and get the cost per unit to below $1000, it would sell amongst enthusiasts like hot cakes. Although that's a difficult thing to do and what not, but either way. Had you considered water jet cutting instead of laser cutting? If I remember right, it's far cheaper.

Nice work man, really nice.

So from what I said above, the only real solution is as you say, a big manufacturer like Lian Li, Silverstone, Corsair etc. But they are not that easily convinced (not that I have tried) and I fear I would need a lot of support from ppl asking them to make it as well. Since I am studying (engineering degree, eats time like a...) now its kinda hard to do all this at the same time. But hey, If they came to me and asked if we could do something together I would be up for that for sure. Its just to time consuming to get in contact with the "right ppl" and pitch this at this time.

But hey, if someone gets Lian Li or someone like that on im game :D 

So from what I said above, the only real solution is as you say, a big manufacturer like Lian Li, Silverstone, Corsair etc. But they are not that easily convinced (not that I have tried) and I fear I would need a lot of support from ppl asking them to make it as well. Since I am studying (engineering degree, eats time like a...) now its kinda hard to do all this at the same time. But hey, If they came to me and asked if we could do something together I would be up for that for sure. Its just to time consuming to get in contact with the "right ppl" and pitch this at this time.

Isn't the community-developed Ncase M1 manufactured by Lian Li? But

regardless of who's the manufacturer, I do remember there being

quite a large community effort behind that project. It's not

impossible, but as you say, it's going to take quite a bit of doing

to get something like that done. And considering how expensive your

case would end up being, and that Caselabs has similar offerings

in their lineup these days (well, not quite as extravagant, but

I would say they're comparable?), I'm not sure if we could get

together enough people to get this done. The market for such large

cases isn't exactly all that big to begin with.

But honestly, even then, I'd estimate your case would still end up

at least as expensive as a Caselabs of similar size, probably more?

I mean, it's a lot of metal, all things considered, and as far as I

can judge from your log, not a trivial matter to manufacture.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Exactly, I think that most ppl look at all the components/materials and say, hey this should just not cost more than that. And compare to mass produced products that are made in thousands of thousands of copies. Labor is the most "expensive" thing in a project like this. But since you are doing this for yourself you don't get any pay. But if you were to do one for another person you want something for all those hours. Its not "that fun" to sleeve cables, tap holes, sand everything down etc. It is at least a full time weeks job on the "model 01" if I had everything at hand and ready. A normal salary and fees for a company meant their worker costs them about 1500usd per week (worker taxes etc, salary). And then you also want to make some money. So things get out of hand very, very fast. 

Well if you ever need to show demand, I'd be willing to attest that I'd pay for one, I'm sure a hell of alot of other people on here would too. Honestly, what you've made there, makes those large case manufacturer's look like amateurs. Honestly, nothing on the market today that I've seen looks ANYWHERE near as good.

are you going to release the file for the model 01?

He has said no, because if he does he will lose all copyrights to it essenially. I understand why he says no, but still it makes me sad panda :(

this looks freaking awesome but just wondering about the dust on those quad slotted radiator   :rolleyes:

:o

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W