Is Razer really that bad?

aisback

Hi all.

I went to my local GAME store and they have the Razer Black widow Chromo on display. I tried it out and I liked how the keys felt , I liked feeling the actuation point , I liked the sound but I've seen here the QA isn't up to snuff. Its currently on Amazon for £140 and I was wondering if you guys think its worth it. If not please leave some recommendations below.

A lot of people say it's bad yes. I've owned a lot of Razer stuff and I haven't had a single bad experience with it though.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

k70 rgb is better value for money, ive also only had one razor thing be flawless and that was my blackwidow with cherrys. and ive had...I think 4 diffrent things from them

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

k70 rgb is better value for money

In the UK the corsair is 150 so priced closely

In the UK the corsair is 150 so priced closely

usually the k70s are cheaper but in any cause id rather the k70...its why Im typing on one right now lol

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

They're not that bad, the issue if that they're priced as if they were a hell of a lot better than what they are. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

I had a 2013 Blackwidow that I still think is one of the best keyboards I've used. If it came in browns I would buy another one right away. I have no problem with Razer stuff although I agree some of there stuff is probably marked up more than it should be.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

well... i spent two years in college.

everyone had a different taste in peripherals, but between logitech, hp mice, apple mice, chinese garbage, whatever, and razer.

in two years... i've only seen razer mice kick the bucket...

I have typed on a Razer Blackwidow 2014 or something of my friend and didn't like how it felt. It just felt like a Cherry MX Blue keyboard.. But very cheap. Except it's not cheap

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i had Razer keyboard 7 years until last week, like new

i bought a new one though, but just beacuse of key style change

I think it depends largly on what you're buying if its good or note
the razerblade is amazing
the blackwidow with cherry switches are amazing
the headphones are over priced.
I can't saying anything about their other products because I don't own anything other then that.

a lot of Razer stuff is pretty bad quality (like their headsets) but I personally really like their mice/keyboards.  I would rather have a different keyboard than a Razer but their DeathAdder series of mice I really like

idk, they work fine for me.

i use a deathadder mouse and a blackwidow keyboard, and i never had a problem with it.

but i wouldnt knw how they compare to other brands, bcoz razer are the only peripherals i've ever used

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

DON'T BUY THE HEADSETS

DON'T

(I have the Carchairas. It needs to be USB powered, has a static noise, has popping if you connect or disconnect, and it doesn't sound that good.)

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I'm gonna use it for typing and some gaming but not competitively gaming. In the UK we have a sales of goods act where the item has to last a minimum of 6 years to a satisfactory quality also anyone know if a refresh is due ?

I'm only interesting in their mice and keyboards. I don't chat online when in game so I don't need a headset

Hi all.

I went to my local GAME store and they have the Razer Black widow Chromo on display. I tried it out and I liked how the keys felt , I liked feeling the actuation point , I liked the sound but I've seen here the QA isn't up to snuff. Its currently on Amazon for £140 and I was wondering if you guys think its worth it. If not please leave some recommendations below.

The Blackwidow uses custom cherry mx blue switches, so dont go out and buy a K70 and expect It to feel the same, Corsair discontinued their RGB K75 Cherry MX Blue switches earlier this year, so for the same feel, Razer Is your only choice, Ive personally never had an Issue with a Razer product.

im currently using the black widow ultimate, i rather you spend it on the non chroma version, it is like literally only a black widow with more light customization -_-

DON'T BUY THE HEADSETS

DON'T

(I have the Carchairas. It needs to be USB powered, has a static noise, has popping if you connect or disconnect, and it doesn't sound that good.)

Maybe an Issue with that exact headset, my Megalodon & Chroma Kraken have never had any Issues *knock on wood* :P

im currently using the black widow ultimate, i rather you spend it on the non chroma version, it is like literally only a black widow with more light customization -_-

Its only a little more here so I think it's worth it

I've only had one thing off them (Razer Mamba 2012) and it's broke, but their tech support was excellent.

Hi all.

Sorry for having to quote myself but this app I'm using isn't optimised well. I've ordered it directly from Razor as they offered free shipping as well as a free Nabu X post-181779-14482055359906_thumb.png

Overall I think I got a good deal. What do you guys think

Is RAZER a bad company and product maker? No.

Is the Blackwidow Chroma a bad product? No. 

Is this keyboard the best RPG mechanical keyboard? Maybe.

Functionality over style, and vice versa. The Corsair RGB series K70 and K95 trade blows with the Razer BW Chroma over the last year or so with little competition Ultimately what you lose in quality in the Chroma you gain ease of use and a slightly reduced price. But the loss of functionality and in-depth programming and customization with the K95 and K70 from Corsair. 

Also if you are a fan of making your Pc swaggy.. Well look at these and decide

Chroma

Corsair K95