Best 750 power supply?

Mariux

Hey! This is my firs buid and I don't know what power supply to chose. Please help me :)

PCPartPicker

I am thinking at a 750 power supply but I don't know which one should I chose.

-EVGA Supernova G2 750W ($128)

-Corsair RM750i ($150)

These are the best prices at the moment in my country :)

Please tell me if a 750 PSU it's ok for me and if so wich one should I chose.

Thanks in advance!

Hey! This is my firs buid and I don't know what power supply to chose. Please help me :)

PCPartPicker

-Corsair RM750i ($150)

Thanks in advance!

Go with the EVGA one.

You could get away with a 650w PSU or mabye even with a 600w one.

The R9 390 is the best brand of 970, go for that (390 performs the same or better than a 970 for cheaper) :P And for a single card a 600W PSU would be fine on both sides.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

EVGA Supernova G2 750W. Solid PSU

Sorry for my low english, but I'm trying my best  ;)

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

PCPartPicker

-Corsair RM750i ($150)

Thanks in advance!

The G2 cause it's cheaper....

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Go with the EVGA one.

You could get away with a 650w PSU or mabye even with a 600w one.

A 450w PSU can power this system...

A 450w PSU can power this system...

That would be border line though. 600 watts will give a decent head space.

G2 from evga built by superflower top notch unit.

Vastly superior to the RM series from corsair...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

That would be border line though. 600 watts will give a decent head space.

No it wouldn't.

I would say his rig would have a hard time even reaching 400w on stock clockspeeds. But because of capacitor aging it would make sense to get at least a 500w PSU (or 550w if OCed)

Just so you know when you o n pcartpicker and it says how much power it draws just take that and add 150-250 more watts for safety

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

Thank you guys! I think I'm gonna go with g2 750 because I want to have some room for upgrades.

Thank you guys! I think I'm gonna go with g2 750 because I want to have some room for upgrades.

one of the best PSU money can buy...backed by a full 10 years warranty by EVGA which has legendary customer services...very good choice ;)

You'll be all set for years...PSU are future proof if you buy a good one, and this is a VERY good one...G2 though...double check...not G1 which are FSP built and lesser quality.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

PCPartPicker

-Corsair RM750i ($150)

Thanks in advance!

They're both good, with the Corsair being ever-so-slightly better but worse value. Go for the EVGA. You'll never actually notice the difference. 

Also, you don't need that much wattage. 550W GS/G2 will be plenty.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

PCPartPicker

-Corsair RM750i ($150)

Thanks in advance!

What is the system being used for ? 

What is the system being used for ? 

Video and photo editing and gaming :)

PCPartPicker

-Corsair RM750i ($150)

Thanks in advance!

Ethier is fine, though the EVGA would represent a better value for money. and a 750W is way more than enough for what you got, infact i believe you could throw a 2nd 970 in there and be fine with that as well.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

RM750i because I had a better experience with the RM750 over the 750 G2, someone quote me if it needs further explanation, will respond later from a computer

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

• 2 weeks later...

RM750i because I had a better experience with the RM750 over the 750 G2, someone quote me if it needs further explanation, will respond later from a computer

The EVGA is better value. He doesn't need to spend the extra on the Corsair unit. Your experience with the G2 doesn't mean it is a bad choice.

The EVGA is better value. He doesn't need to spend the extra on the Corsair unit. Your experience with the G2 doesn't mean it is a bad choice.

I had three units of the 750 G2 that were noisy (very loud, was not coil whine) in a row, and didn't take the chance with a fourth. The RMx series/RMi series is supposedly a lot better than the standard RM, but any time the G2 and any of the RM series are the same price, I would pick RM. Corsair seem to make some fairly quiet products, a bit overpriced yes, but fairly good quality overall with no issues.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I had three units of the 750 G2 that were noisy (very loud, was not coil whine) in a row, and didn't take the chance with a fourth. The RMx series/RMi series is supposedly a lot better than the standard RM, but any time the G2 and any of the RM series are the same price, I would pick RM. Corsair seem to make some fairly quiet products, a bit overpriced yes, but fairly good quality overall with no issues.

To get three bad units in a row is pretty unlucky. Maybe they were damaged in transit to the supplier etc. If this was a regular occurrence then I am sure you would see it posted on here, as it is probably the most suggested psu.

The Corsair RMx/RMi are a lot better than the RM series and they now use 100% Japanese caps all round. I would still take the EVGA though if the price difference is $22.