i7 4790 + 980ti for under $1000 (Repost from slickdeals)

Pankaic

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

Someone give me $936 please,

K thx bai

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The PC is like $1100 on the spot with tax and no mail in rebate. But darn, this should make everybody who overspent on a custom built pc feel bad about themselves lol

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

The PC is like $1100 on the spot with tax and no mail in rebate. But darn, this should make everybody who overspent on a custom built pc feel bad about themselves lol

Considering how I spent about $1100 on my build about 5 months ago, yeah, this makes me feel like a fool.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

Considering how I spent about $1100 on my build about 5 months ago, yeah, this makes me feel like a fool.

But still. Building your own pc is a treat and if you can afford it, it's well worth it. And I wouldn't expect the 980ti to stay an expensive gpu after pascal comes out. But it's still a killer deal now

what psu and mobo, that alone would prevent me from buying if i had the money

what psu and mobo, that alone would prevent me from buying if i had the money

I honestly have no idea, but based on the pre-code price (roughly $1600), it's probably a half-decent h97 mobo and some pretty average PSU. If you're worried about the PSU, you can always just replace it.

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

"I have pockets in all my shorts." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

I just put together a Skylake system with a 980ti and it cost more than the HP. I'm still happy I did it even with this sale in my face. 

The HP case is probably pretty lousy. 

The 500w psu probably isn't all that great either. 

Don't expect it to be the best quality thing you've ever owned. But the point is, the price to performance is killer. And HP built it so if it stops working its not your fault.

Why pay an extra $30 (after discount/rebate)for a 4790 when you can get a 4690k and overclock it (unless u really care about hyperthreading)

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

I honestly have no idea, but based on the pre-code price (roughly $1600), it's probably a half-decent h97 mobo and some pretty average PSU. If you're worried about the PSU, you can always just replace it.

either way you look at it, it's an amazing  deal

Why pay an extra $30 (after discount/rebate)for a 4790 when you can get a 4690k and overclock it (unless u really care about hyperthreading)

well you could probably oc the 4790 to 4 ghz or even 4.2 with BSCLCK

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I just moved to the US, and I was about to build a new system, this deal is like a no brainer. I was about to build an equatable system (only a little better) and it worked out to about $1600. I could buy this, throw out that Power Supply and stick in a nice one and save like $400. I should really wait until black friday/cyber monday and hope that all my components somehow go on sale but this is so very tempting.

That extra $400 could go towards a really nice 1440 monitor, and i'm pretty sure this system could handle that!

But still. Building your own pc is a treat and if you can afford it, it's well worth it. And I wouldn't expect the 980ti to stay an expensive gpu after pascal comes out. But it's still a killer deal now

It wouldn't make me feel like a fool at all.

A.) you're getting a 4790, at a more expensive price than the 4790k.

B.) Unknown PSU in the system

C.) Unknown Mobo in the system

D.) HP doesn't sell it at 1g, they sell it at 1.5g's. It's the slick deals promo that cuts the price down.

E.) ...

F.) Profit to customer builders still?

well you could probably oc the 4790 to 4 ghz or even 4.2 with BSCLCK

You can't overclock a 4790..

Actually you can slightly Oc it , if you use the baseclock in the bios.

It's has a locked multiplier , but not a locked baseclock .

Linus overclcoked a xeon using that setting.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

:mellow:

Ok you can get a whole what, 100Mhz? That's it. Lol Good luck. You need a K series if you're looking to OC

Ok you can get a whole what, 100Mhz? That's it. Lol Good luck. You need a K series if you're looking to OC

no , i once saw a 3770 overclocked to 4.2ghz ...