i7 4790 + 980ti for under $1000 (Repost from slickdeals)

Pankaic

no , i once saw a 3770 overclocked to 4.2ghz ...

I've seen 3.9, but not 4.2, congrats to the person who achieved that though.

However each CPU is different. 

If he wants a real OC he needs the K series and you can't deny that.

Sure he "can" OC a non-K series but really, there isn't much benefit for the most part.

I've seen 3.9, but not 4.2, congrats to the person who achieved that though.

However each CPU is different. 

If he wants a real OC he needs the K series and you can't deny that.

Sure he "can" OC a non-K series but really, there isn't much benefit for the most part.

yeah , i does depend on the cpu though ,since non k cpus aren't binned to go higher than stock.

Ocing with the baseclock can also cause other problems like data corruption , instability etc...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

The total price after discounts is $1000 which is well worth it. Yes, it may not be upgradable in the future, but the parts themselves are worth a lot. And you don't have to worry about the PC failing since it's a prebuilt and as long as you don't overclock the 980ti too much which is unlikely given the airflow. If I bought that PC. I would invest another $150- 200 into a new PSU, case, and maybe cooling and it would still be great bang for the buck. A lot of these $1500 980ti builds that you see floating around have a i5 6600k which is still not as good a 4790 even when overclocked by a lot.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe