Expensive. That's how it stacks up.

Doesn't SIT well with me  :lol:

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

If you're going to spend $500 on an office chair, you might as well step up and buy the real thing instead of a knockoff...Herman Miller or Steelcase.  With the Steelcase Leap you can adjust the lumbar support, limit how far the back can recline, how much tension there is leaning back, etc.  Only having height adjustment is silly.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Ok the microphone is killing me @LinusTech, its Headset level bad or something...cant put my finger on it. What´s going on?
Also i completely agree about the Dbrand approach when selecting options, But that goes for all places that have huge options "cough" Caselabs "cough" 

Can we please get a decent chair that's like $200 not $1000.

There are not many amazing chairs for $200, maybe like the Ikea Markus but you really get what you pay for in chairs

I dont know why people spend so little when its directly in correlation to your comfort, health and enjoyment

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There are not many amazing chairs for $200, maybe like the Ikea Markus but you really get what you pay for in chairs

I dont know why people spend so little when its directly in correlation to your comfort, health and enjoyment

Well, for some people $200 isn't a small amount.

I do hope Linus reviews more of these office chairs. I'm not aware of many places that do reviews of both of office chairs and gaming chairs, and so I'm eager to see how they compare. It'd be nice to have a Herman Miller review next. I'm constantly vacillating between waiting for a DXRacer sale(~$350) on Massdrop and trying to pick up a used(ugh) Herman Miller Aeron for something like $500($600-$650 to include some kind of aftermarket headrest). I have no doubt that the Aeron is better, but it'd be nice to know if it's worth twice as much. I'd have to imagine that diminishing returns kicks in on chairs at some point when you start upping the price.

I do hope Linus reviews more of these office chairs. I'm not aware of many places that do reviews of both of office chairs and gaming chairs, and so I'm eager to see how they compare. It'd be nice to have a Herman Miller review next. I'm constantly vacillating between waiting for a DXRacer sale(~$350) on Massdrop and trying to pick up a used(ugh) Herman Miller Aeron for something like $500($600-$650 to include some kind of aftermarket headrest). I have no doubt that the Aeron is better, but it'd be nice to know if it's worth twice as much. I'd have to imagine that diminishing returns kicks in on chairs at some point when you start upping the price.

Yes.  I've sat in the Herman Miller Aeron for work, and while it's a great chair it's not like "OMG it's 5x better than a $200 chair".  I don't have any special ergonomic requirements though so my ass is generally happy in anything.  At home I use a Steelcase Leap, but only because I got 50% discount because my employer bought a bagillion of them.  I wouldn't say the Leap is worth $1000 by itself.  Steelcase does have amazingly good customer service.  "Oh you're having a problem with your chair, we're sending you a brand new one fully assembled".

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

This chair is way too expensive IMO. My RealSpace BTEC 600 cost me $200 and looks to be more comfy than that $500 chair.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

I just love Lunis Tech Tips' Crunchyroll ads. It's always funny when he pronounces anime and how he doesn't mention the $12 plan which includes unlimited manga.

I'll second that. Especially Steelcase makes very good chairs imo, although i don't really understand why the Leap is always the number 1 to go for as a general "gamers" choice, because i've sat in every steelcase chair there is and the Leap while being a very good chair, no questions asked, is quite the special use chair aimed at heavy/big people. It supports up to 150kg and in special versions even 200kg for 24/7 use and someone like me being roughly 5ft 7in with 60kg it doesn't feel comfortable or ergonomic at all sitting in it. I've chosen the "Gesture" and am very happy with it.

I understand all the health stuff, but still I feel weird spending over $600 on a chair. I'm getting the Maxnomic Dominator (~$500) which seems good enough for me.

+1 for looking at some Herman Miller or Steelcase chairs. I love the Sayl I have, and HM's customer support has been fantastic - the first one I had started squeaking a month in, and after emailing them, they delivered a brand new replacement and took away the defective item with no hassle whatsoever.

Steelcase Leap or Herman Miller Embody.  Those're what I want and hope for Linus to review next.  Leaps are fairly easy to find used, or sometimes fairly easy.  Embody is almost always new, because people love 'em.  Step up in price from the OM5, but many people swear by 'em.  My damn Ikea Markus only lasted two years before the seat padding gave out - now it is just a wooden board with leather on top.