Witcher 3 vs Fallout 4

DannyDem

yeh, I still doubt it ever had that many players online at one time.

The quality of a game isn't determined by how many people play it...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It would be Witcher for me, since I'm not interested in Fallout.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

BLACK OPS III 10/10 GAME OF THE YEAR in EVERY category WOOOO

ok. . . now that that's over with

Witcher 3 feels better, looks better, plays better... but Fallout has a cult following, a larger influence in the gaming community and even though a lot of folks are upset about the whole "graphics" of it, or the "facial structures" or whatever else they are complaining about today. . . it will still win on sheer numbers. My own opinion though, witcher 3 still holds a special place in my heart. I too bought a new PC just to enjoy witcher 3 to its max potential. . . sigh.  

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

The quality of a game isn't determined by how many people play it...

but game of the year award votes are

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The bugs and what not from FO3, FONV and Skyrim are still in FO4. That's kinda disappointing to see.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I had high hopes for Fallout 4. But, ever since the screenshot leaks I've been disappointed. And it got worse. Bad dialogue, copy&paste animations from previous games from what I've heard people saying. All I've heard is that improved the combat feature or the shooting mechanics. But that's pretty much it. It looks rushed. Some claim it's been in the works since 4 years but I personally don't see it.

Witcher 3 on the other hand, it's probably #1 on my favorite games list. I never put so much hours into a game like I did with Witcher 3. And kudos to the CDprojektred for the free DLC's. The main storyline writing is great, hell; even the side quests stories are great in terms of writing the Bloody Baron being a good example. That doesn't mean it's perfect in my eyes, it does have some things I don't like for example I don't like the final fight with the King of the Wild Hunt, I expected more of a challenge. Some enemies scale horribly. You either out level them or they'll out level you to the point of you being one shotted (Although in my eyes, it was quite fun, you have the potential of getting through it with patience and strategy). Combat animations could use a bit more work but it's not as bad as some make it out to be in my eyes, in fact with alternate movement and the free DLC of adding new finisher animations enhance it. Here's hoping Blood & Wine shines just as much or more like Hearts of Stone did. Amazing DLC sized expansion. The story was great and so was the content.

Honestly, Fallout 4 had great potential. Bethesda just didn't seize the opportunity. It just looks rushed and was released to only make money off the fandom. I just kinda hate the circlejerk it's getting. But is it anywhere near the level the Witcher 3 is on? No. 

I've not played Fallout 4 but I've looked few reviews. And I would like to play it but I'll wait for a sale. I'll maybe even look at it 2 years from now.

I bought The Witcher 3 a week after it's release and played it for the next few weeks until I completed it.

Just based on FO4 the reviews The Witcher 3 seems like a better game. Witcher 3 is a lot more stable, better looking and all but the smallest quests have some kind of thought and story put behind then. FO4 is a technical mess(bugs and performance problems), it looks dated(I don't really care if it does as long as it runs well but it doesn't) and all but the main quest are very flat and boring. The conversation system is a joke with no more or less then 4 option.

I love both. Fallout a bit more, but im dissapointed with Fallouts Worldmap. For Bethesdas 2015 Game i expected a huge World of epic Scale.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'm still playing Witcher 3. Started on may 11th and still enjoying it.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Fallout is fun but it's basically the same old, tired gameplay that Bethesda has been rehashing for over a decade.  To me it's like the Witcher 3 is a body of water the size of a Lake with the depth of a Lake.  Fallout 4 is like a body of water the size of an Ocean with the depth of a puddle; one you can dive into and the other you have to muck through.

I'll give you three guesses as to which I prefer.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

you don't get how insane 400k concurrent players is.

xWzUobp.png

Damn, just look at the size of the playerbase that Valve is retaining for their own games over a period of time.

Damn, just look at the size of the playerbase that Valve is retaining for their own games over a period of time.

yes. are you trying to say they are faking numbers? because then i would have to show you this gif 

giphy.gif

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I've been super hyped about Fallout 4 since i played 3 way back when. 3 wasn't that great, but it was open world and you could design your own character. That was enough back then.

I found the old Witcher games basically unplayable. Witcher 1 had some messed up controls and Witcher 2 just wasn't casual-friendly. Didn't know where to go or what to do to move on.

When I bought my 980 i got a free voucher for Witcher 3. Didn't even bother installing for 2-3 months until i got bored and needed a new game. Blew.My.Mind. Open world AND pretty as hell with great animations and characters that had depth! I'm on my second replay and just finished Hearts of Stone DLC. Oh, and so many free DLC! 

My experience with Fallout 4 was pretty much the opposite. I couldn't wait to see what major improvements 7 years (Fallout 3 2008) would make. Totally disappointed. Fallout 4 feels pretty much exactly like Fallout 3 to me. Even the weird jumping animations are still present. 

Dialog is awkward, animations are awkward, movement is awkward and feels so much like like the 7 year old game that I'm having a hard time telling if its just a graphical improvement or not. And the graphical improvement isn't even worth mentioning. (Don't bother saying graphics doesn't matter. It does and that's why it's one of the aspects always discussed when talking about a game.)

All of that aside the damn game won't even run properly on this beast of a computer I've paid and built - simply because i have a 21:9 screen. Bethesda hasn't picked up on the fact that 21:9 has been marketed towards gamers for years. I get to decide between window mode 16:9, or edit some ini and get a skewed hud with the crosshair about an inch to the right so I can't even aim.

TL;DR: Fallout 4 feels like a previous-gen game made by previous-gen developers, but hey, at least they've got great sales numbers riding on the hype of their old games. Refund pls.

Potato

Honestly, I'm enjoying Fallout 4 more than Witcher 3. It might be because I'm new to the Fallout series (played 3 a little bit but couldn't get into it), but I'm just enjoying it more. Graphics aren't the be all and end all of what makes for a good game, IMO. This is one of those cases. Not saying Witcher 3 is not a good, game, it's an excellent game. I just like FO4 more for various reasons that out-weight it's graphical short-comings.

Goes to show how wide spread out opinions and and also goes to show that majority does not rule and the numbers do not tell the whole story. How one defines what is a "good game" is down to the individual. very few games can be called objectively good or bad, the rest is all subjective. So no need to argue so much with each other, but rather, let's just respect each other opinions and agree to disagree on some matters. ;) 

I have to run FO4 with only one graphics card because it doesn't benefit from crossfire, yet. But to me, that's not enough to detract from the game to the point where I would dislike it because of that. It still runs well enough on 1 card for me and the rest of the game stands up on it's own merits, IMO. For someone else, this would be a deal breaker and make it "unplayable" for them. To each, his/her own. :)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Fallout 4 has already won.

12115474_992896477422572_835359829845322

first game to ever beat Dota 2 since it took the top spot.

Fallout 4 a better game because it has a lot of players? That's some flawed logic... The Witcher has had far less releases in that people who bought Fallout did because they are big fans of Bethesda games in general. And if you are counting pure numbers, GTA 5 is a better and more successful launch than either games. 360,000 players on Steam alone. That doesn't include the people who bought the game outside of Steam because Steam isn't required to play GTA. Sales including all versions of the game would mean that it is the best game ever made and Fallout 4 is nowhere near the quality that GTA 5 is. You could also compare Steam reviews, where Fallout 4 is the lowest rated game in the series. It doesn't even have 80% positive on Steam. That's much lower than F3 and NV and even Skyrim. The Witcher on the otherhand has a 94% review score. Way higher than Fallout 4. People must think the game is much better. Metacritic scores also agree that The Witcher is a better game.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

Fallout 4 a better game because it has a lot of players? That's some flawed logic... 

no, but it will be winning goty because of votes.

Spoiler

yes. are you trying to say they are faking numbers? because then i would have to show you this gif

LOL no, I just meant it's impressive to be able to retain a large playebase for years across multiple games.

Witcher 3, definitely.

Fallout 4 is good so far, but Witcher 3 is on a whole different level of quality. I don't think putting the two against each other is very fair at all. Unless you meant the stats thingy?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

you don't get how insane 400k concurrent players is.

xWzUobp.png

What exactly does high player number means to the quality of the game itself?... The game hasnt even been out in a month.. of course does fallout 4 has alot of players because it was very overhyped, not many knew of the witcher 3... So by your book a game must be better just because alot of people are playing it? like really?..

no, but it will be winning goty because of votes.

On the flip side, people who bought the game may not ever vote for FO4 GOTY, cos it's still only week 1 and people are still forming opinions on whether they even like the game.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The Witcher 3 has everything. Better GFX, better engine, better optimization.... FAR smoother running graphics while looking better at the same time.

Controller support without breaking the game...F4 causes strange micro-stutter for some people, including myself. Sort of like Far Cry 4 wouldn't even load if you plugged in a controller other than a true Xbox controller I was told but I played the 1.0 version which was the only one that allowed a controller and didn't break the game. Plus with Hearts of Stone, Witcher has more story to tell as well that is actually cool.

No way F4 is better.... maybe it's more popular, but it's not better.

I thin New Vegas was better and Bioshock beats F4.

One thing I'll give credit to Bethesda is their mod kit. Apparently they allow more freedom in terms of game modding than CDPR, which is kinda a shame. If CDPR allowed the same freedom like Bethesda has, Witcher 3 could soar to new heights and remain largely playable like Skyrim has over the years thanks to mods adding new content and quests.

I love how for some reason people keep comparing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, they're completely different games.

I played Witcher 3 for about 3-4 hours before getting bored. The game looks amazing, but the combat and story was just boring me to death and it had this huge open world that, to me, had nothing to do in.

I bought Fallout 4 at launch and have put almost 50 hours into it already over the course of 5 days(unlocked it early via VPN, thanks WTFast!). Gunplay is amazing, the changes they made to the game mechanics are great, and there's just so much shit to do in the game that I don't know what to do with.

Sooooo, Fallout 4 wins my GOTY title. Sure the graphics aren't amazing, but I've had literally no issues with the game except FPS drops in very dense areas, which will probably be fixed in the next AMD driver update. Either way it isn't going to stop me playing this game. Honestly expect me to have 100 hours before the end of next week. Oh and I haven't even finished the main story yet.

Fallout 4 has already won.

12115474_992896477422572_835359829845322

first game to ever beat Dota 2 since it took the top spot.

By that logic.. Cod games are good xD lol ... 

Did you try turning it on and off first?