Best 4k tv for gaming? Need the protips guys

liilMatt

I have a friend looking to get a 4k tv for black friday/cyber monday deals.

He games on both PS4 and gaming laptop (that has displayport out). But his preference is PS4.

He really wants 4k

He size preference is 48-50 inches.

But his real goal is low response times, etc.

If you need any other info let me know.

But it seems to be difficult to gauge the gaming ability of TVs even off reviews, which are few and far between.

Could really use your help guys :)

gaming 4k on a laptop impossible, gaming in 4k on a ps4 impossible. What is up with your friend?

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Just having a screen doesn't mean you can power it. 4k gaming is only capable on the high end gaming desktops.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

PS4 cant play games at 4k...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Can his laptop run games at 4K at decent framerate?, because the PS4 sure can't, I don't see what's the point.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Holy Cow guys lol. The 4k and the gaming are two separate things. He knows he can't game at 4k (Why, because I told him ha). But he wants 4k because he wants to future-proof. He wants more screen estate because he is a programmer and he needs refined text.

Holy Cow guys lol. The 4k and the gaming are two separate things. He knows he can't game at 4k (Why, because I told him ha). But he wants 4k because he wants to future-proof. He wants more screen estate because he is a programmer and he needs refined text.

Then he should get an ultra wide monitor. None of this 4k shit. With that, you'll end up pixel doubling everything anyway, so it's not helpful.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Then he should get an ultra wide monitor. None of this 4k shit. With that, you'll end up pixel doubling everything anyway, so it's not helpful.

The same feelings I have, as a PC gamer. But he is not a PC gamer, he is a console slave lol. He needs vertical space for his programming needs (yes I did crack as joke about an ultrawide going vertically). He is looking specifically for a TV, with prioritization to low response times. 4k is him spoiling himself really.

The same feelings I have, as a PC gamer. But he is not a PC gamer, he is a console slave lol. He needs vertical space for his programming needs (yes I did crack as joke about an ultrawide going vertically). He is looking specifically for a TV, with prioritization to low response times. 4k is him spoiling himself really.

I was remarking on the fact that he is a programmer that's looking for more screen real estate.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Funny how people like to critize instead of answer the question eh?

I found a few good ones, and then ran into some reviews about HDMI 2.0 and that set me back; this is all I have

Shipping sucks

Funny how people like to critize instead of answer the question eh?

I found a few good ones, and then ran into some reviews about HDMI 2.0 and that set me back; this is all I have

Thanks for the reponse lol. I should mention that his goal was to spend about $1000.

But more as a learning experience, what stood out to you about this tv?

Thanks for the reponse lol. I should mention that his goal was to spend about $1000.

But more as a learning experience, what stood out to you about this tv?

It's got HDMI 2.0 and above, which allows the max 60Hz that is really all one can hope to put out on a 4k screen with today's technology (Displayport can do the same thing though)

It was 240Hz (interpolation and other fake stuff to get to a higher number)

And it was 4k lol

Shipping sucks

It's got HDMI 2.0 and above, which allows the max 60Hz that is really all one can hope to put out on a 4k screen with today's technology (Displayport can do the same thing though)

It was 240Hz (interpolation and other fake stuff to get to a higher number)

And it was 4k lol

Ahhhh, I'd forgotten about that. Anything less than HDMI does 30hz correct? And there is not other outputs to use.

And I was under the presumption the hz rating of the tv was near pointless, could you explain your side of it a bit more :)

Very helpful tho

Ahhhh, I'd forgotten about that. Anything less than HDMI does 30hz correct? And there is not other outputs to use.

And I was under the presumption the hz rating of the tv was near pointless, could you explain your side of it a bit more :)

Very helpful tho

HDMI 2.0 does 60Hz, anything below it doesn't

TV's are usually only 60Hz, but do fancy functions with the frames in order to produce/sell the fact that they have 240Hz/1000Hz tv's

doesn't work that well with PC's input

Shipping sucks

HDMI 2.0 does 60Hz, anything below it doesn't

TV's are usually only 60Hz, but do fancy functions with the frames in order to produce/sell the fact that they have 240Hz/1000Hz tv's

doesn't work that well with PC's input

Sorry, that's what I meant lol.

Right, so we agreed hz doesn't matter in reference to our PS4/PC needs. 

So in actuality then, he/we should be focused on finding something with hdmi 2.0

This is the info I like

Sorry, that's what I meant lol.

Right, so we agreed hz doesn't matter in reference to our PS4/PC needs. 

So in actuality then, he/we should be focused on finding something with hdmi 2.0

This is the info I like

HDMI 2.0 or displayport; displayport can do 4k 60Hz as well

Shipping sucks

Yea, I have never seen displayport on a TV ( as of yet).

My friend forwarded me this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TWFHJWG?tag=rtings-tv-bs10b-20&ie=UTF8

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju6500

Kinda wanted to see what you (or others) thought?

I was going to suggest the JU7500 model, but it's pricey over there.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue48ju7500-201504074038.htm