Is it worth to use my Christmas money on a Karambit knife for CSGO?

jewishdolphins

The title says it all. I usually get money from my family for christmas. Typically around 200-300 dollars worth of money. Should I use the money to buy a karambit? Or should I use it to get nice and facy AK47 and awp and m4a4 skins??

Or should I just completely spend it on something else like a 144 hz monitor? Cause I don't have that. I am a huge CSGO freak btw. 

I appreciate any of your opinions. Thank you.

Why do people spend so much on these stupid knives and skins? Go for a 144hz monitor

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Do you WANT a knife? If yes, then sure. Karambits are cool AF.

Though, you should buy a 144hz monitor if your computer can handle it.

I used to be quite active here.

Why do people spend so much on these stupid knives and skins? Go for a 144hz monitor

Cause it looks so fancy and the fact that they are rare makes people want to have it even more. But yeah.

Go for the monitor.. CSGO skins are such a massive waste of money

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

"Is it worth to use my Christmas money on a Karambit knife for CSGO?"

IMO: Heeeell no.

Would probably say spend it on the monitor

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I bought an M9 for 200$ and I'm now slowly regretting it.

So no, don't do it. 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Do you WANT a knife? If yes, then sure. Karambits are cool AF.

Though, you should buy a 144hz monitor if your computer can handle it.

hmmm, I normally average 200-230 fps in CSGO. I sure hope it can handle it.

NO.  SKINS DON'T = WINS

I     own     alienware     computer     XPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Monitor.. What graphics card do you have?

Monitor.. What graphics card do you have?

gtx 960 4 Gigs (superclocked). If i get a 144 hertz I will also be running with a 108p 60 hz monitor as well with it.

I threw a lot of money at LoL, now, 3 years later I'm starting to regret it as the game is going downhill in my opinion.

I judge CS:GO skins not on their monetary value, but how often you'll use them. If you play 1000+ hours a year, go ahead, you'll obviously get your "worth" out of it. If you are closer to a causal player, like me (200 hours a year) then get something else considering the amount of time it'll just sit unused. 

Edit: also, from a larger perspective, CS:GO skins and such are the direct reason that valve doesn't make games anymore. If you value that kind of consumer activism, then you should consider that your knife is directly responsible for Half Life 3 not being released.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

So if I understand this correctly you have 2 options:

a. a knife in CSGO

or

b. a 144 Hz monitor

How is this even a question?!

You'll get fed up of CSGO in some time, and you'll be stuck with this thing you can't use, or an actual monitor which can be used for whatever?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

So if I understand this correctly you have 2 options:

a. a knife in CSGO

or

b. a 144 Hz monitor

How is this even a question?!

You'll get fed up of CSGO in some time, and you'll be stuck with this thing you can't use, or an actual monitor which can be used for whatever?

well im not sure if it's a good idea since my specs aren't anything tooooooo special. I am planning on just using one of my current monitors with a 144 hertz monitor. Def not running triple monitors.These are my current specs:

GPU : EVGA GeForce GTX 960 (Superclocked, 4GB) 

CPU : Intel Core i5 4690k Quad-Core Processor (3.5 Ghz) 

Mobo : Asus Z97-A Motherboard 

Ram : Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 

HDD : 1TB Western Digital Blue 7200 RPM 

Case : NZXT S340 Black 

Monitor : Asus VX228H 21.5" Monitor (x2) 

Keyboard : Corsair K65 RGB Mechanical Keyboard 

Mouse : Corsair M65 RGB Mouse 

If you get the monitor, I have heard that  people who use high refresh rate monitors are better at fps games when they have switched from 60 hz to a higher rate, Maby because it's more smooth so you can get your shots off better. Go for the monitor.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

If you get the monitor, I have heard that  people who use high refresh rate monitors are better at fps games when they have switched from 60 hz to a higher rate, Maby because it's more smooth so you can get your shots off better. Go for the monitor.

will do.

Agreed