Is it worth to use my Christmas money on a Karambit knife for CSGO?

jewishdolphins

Well, in my triple monitor setup, CS:GO will change resolutions (down to like 720p or something stupid) when you launch it sometimes, and also in rare cases will make the UI all messed up. Also, multi-monitor isn't what it's cracked up to be, while gaming on single screen the other screens are pretty much unusable because windows will minimize your game and reset the resolution when you click outside the game, which can take like 4 seconds and can even crash your drivers if it's during a graphically intense part of the game. That's Window's fault, so regardless of AMD or Nvdia, that'll happen.

true. In the end, I'll prob end up using 1, max 2. Even if i end up using two, the resolution drop won't bother me since I run csgo at lower resolutions anyways since it makes the game more stable for me. But yeah i still have like 200-230 fps in game so it's all good for me.

Just saying, that's impossible.

There were a few videos of people doing it, now it can't be done.

Nowhere will you find people that will trade their better item for your crappy item. Ever. Nobody will do it. I've tried, it doesn't work.

Best way to get a knife is from a giveaway or buying it, you CANNOT trade to it and you MOST LIKELY will never get one from a case.

not really....

I mean it works on 3 screens, but the HUD Is really big, and it is at the edge of the outside monitors, so Personally I think it would be a distractions having to turn your head to see the Map etc, unless you sit far back. And it Seriously doesnt work on unltra wide monitors

But, THats just my opinion, Its either 3 Monitors, or 1 - But preferably 1

only saying 2-3 since I have 2 monitors already. dont wanna get a 144 hz and throw out both my old 60hz ones.

not really....

Show me the Karambit you traded up to recently, I'd like to see it.

The farthest my Steam friend got was $20 profit, nowhere near a nice knife. Any further, and everybody declines trades unless you overpay. That's CS:GO now, not the old "well it's just a  dollar less, sure, I'll take it" that it used to be.

I used to be quite active here.

true. In the end, I'll prob end up using 1, max 2. Even if i end up using two, the resolution drop won't bother me since I run csgo at lower resolutions anyways since it makes the game more stable for me. But yeah i still have like 200-230 fps in game so it's all good for me.

If you're going to be spending big bucks on a 144 Hz display, it'd be pointless not to run at full resolution especially since a 960 will support that, plus resolution will affect your skill. I wish I had a bigger monitor or higher PPI, I wonder how many times have I not noticed awpers on dust II long because of that. 

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

If you're going to be spending big bucks on a 144 Hz display, it'd be pointless not to run at full resolution especially since a 960 will support that, plus resolution will affect your skill. I wish I had a bigger monitor or higher PPI, I wonder how many times have I not noticed awpers on dust II long because of that. 

What size is ur monitor? mine are currently 21 inch. Now i kinda wanna get a bigger 144 hz one, but i have no idea what to do with the old monitors.

Show me the Karambit you traded up to recently, I'd like to see it.

The farthest my Steam friend got was $20 profit, nowhere near a nice knife. Any further, and everybody declines trades unless you overpay. That's CS:GO now, not the old "well it's just a  dollar less, sure, I'll take it" that it used to be.

I had a karambit night field tested and a butterfly night field tested, traded them up to a bayonet fade

Unboxed but plugs slaughters traded them up for the night field tested

I had a karambit night field tested and a butterfly night field tested, traded them up to a bayonet fade

You just said how you traded knife for knife, that's different than gun skin to knife skins.

Idk. My problem with trading is the percentage that steam takes from you when trading. I have no clue how you did that if trading something expensive like a karambit would require you to up the price by like 10-20 dollars since steam will charge around that price for fees, especially if it's an item that expensive. And on top of that you would also need money to make revenue from it, which means you would add another few dollars to the price. 

In the end, i dont think people will just happily buy my skins or knives that are overpriced.

Idk. My problem with trading is the percentage that steam takes from you when trading. I have no clue how you did that if trading something expensive like a karambit would require you to up the price by like 10-20 dollars since steam will charge around that price for fees, especially if it's an item that expensive. And on top of that you would also need money to make revenue from it, which means you would add another few dollars to the price. 

In the end, i dont think people will just happily buy my skins or knives that are overpriced.

what skin are you starting from?

trade a gun skin for a 60$ knife, start trading up from there

not sure if i believe what you say about your inventory unless you are willing to add me on steam and show me all the stuff u got through trading.

what skin are you starting from?

I was speaking hypothetically. I don't have any good skins that are worth anything over 5 bucks. I do have like 30 bucks on my steam account that I could use.

I regret buying so many steam games that i  dont  play or will at all get a monitor atleast it will do more than  a knife. cases keys and knives are stupid unless you are betting with them and then just get a couple cases and bet like $20 worth of skins. They are literally worthless otherwise

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

trade a gun skin for a 60$ knife, start trading up from there

Why not just buy a $60 knife skin? lol

No. No. No.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Why not just buy a $60 knife skin? lol

yeah its cheaper to just buy the few skins you want than fucking around with keys and trading and everything

(skins are still dumb but w/e)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Which has more value to you? My parents would never understand why I would spend $250 on a new monitor when mine works just fine. On the other hand I'll never understand why my mom buys expensive shoes or make-up sometimes. Personally just go with what YOU think you would value more. If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want a sick knife. Go for it! If you think the 144hz would be a better value then do that instead.

@jewishdolphins 

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

not sure if i believe what you say about your inventory unless you are willing to add me on steam and show me all the stuff u got through trading.

im at school but I have two accounts, one for csgo one for just gaming

look up thearcherofdoom on steam,

find Ravaoli and Earned chain on the friends list, lok at their inventories

Ravaoli is my csgo account, earned chain is one of my irl friends

yeah its cheaper to just buy the few skins you want than fucking around with keys and trading and everything

(skins are still dumb but w/e)

yeah, I always buy my skins. I mean, I only have 1 skin per gun with a few exceptions (M4A4, Ak-47, P2000, Glock 18, Deagle)

EDIT- Most my skins are cheap, I got lots as drops, and I don't really care for expensive ones unless they're given to me.

not sure why you would want to spend money on skins. Don't ya usually win them ? Spend it on games or something or hell save it or something you want.

sure if your lucky to get a skin a rare one as well, I would sell it because I don't care for skins a whole lot.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

not sure why you would want to spend money on skins. Don't ya usually win them ? Spend it on games or something or hell save it or something you want.

sure if your lucky to get a skin a rare one as well, I would sell it because I don't care for skins a whole lot.

Most skins are in cases, but each map in the official list also has its own collection of skins. Most skins are cheap, the nicer looking the more expensive.

Some people like skins, like me. It's harmless cosmetic stuff, and it's fun to look at compared to the defaults.