Conference Room Updates - Acer Projector

OOOOOOOO something interesting !!!!

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Very much want big projector wall, maybe not in room without space for chairs...

Sig under construction.

Looks awesome, but it would be nicer to have the projector hang from the ceiling.

Just played the video for another 5 seconds and found out it will be mounted on the ceiling.

Amazon: http://geni.us/1Ngz

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1HqhXLM

We are FINALLY kitting out our conference room, one of the final steps in our big move! New chairs, projector, screen and more!

Hi Nicky L. We need another Nicky V vs Nicky L showdown.

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Why didn't ya just paint your wall white?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

As cool as that meeting room is, even that couldn't make me take a job that had me going to meetings or watching presentations.

RIP Linus' voice at the end.

Anyone got a name or link to that wireless HDMI dongle?

I really like that set up. I've been looking at projects for a long time and just never pulled the trigger. Curious to hear how those chairs are as well. 

Who was the other guy? Also, is Justin staying? I had thought he was there only for the construction, but I´ve seen him in a few videos since.

@LinusTech @Slick

If you guys had your contractor do a smooth wall installation (simple deal really) you could have painted the wall with projector screen paint instead then you would not have to worry about installing the screen.  :D

But really, it turned out pretty great though.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

seems like a bad placement for the screen to be next to the door.  unless thats the only wall it fits the screen.  the opposite wall would have been better since i believe the power position in the room would be the at the head of the table closest to the door.  plus the fact that if anyone entered the room while a presentation was going on the door would interupt it.

and another thing why are projector bulbs so expensive???

Projector bulbs are expensive for several reasons:

-Typical projector = 3000 lumens vs 60W incadescent bulb = 800 lumens, more than 3 times the output of a regular bulb

-Needs to be engineered to not catch on fire or start fires

-Very few manufactured a year vs. mass production of home light bulbs

So, they are far more powerful, difficult to make, and not made in great quantity which results in a higher price. Even replacement bulbs from China are crazy expensive. The projector industry is trying to move towards alternative sources though, like LED and lasers.

what kind of setup (platform, joysticks ...) does the video have in order to make 4 guys play in the same game? how's the game name? is for pc? android?.. anyone has more info about that?

Thanks!!

Anyone got a name or link to that wireless HDMI dongle?

THis! looks like all the ones on amazon arent all that great performers... *looking at you IO Gear

• 3 months later...

And necro time (but still 3 months? That's not that old). I will be buying a Projector to my room and mount it on ceiling, but I do not want to run 10m long HDMI cable to it, so I am trying to find some good HDMI wireless adapter.

I saw some people asked about it (ehm, one is right above me), but never got any response. So, is there some good (and ideally cheap) wireless adapter that will not decrease the quality of the image at about 10m distance? I'll be using it to watch movies/yt videos, do some browsing with AntiMicro & xBone controller and OFC to play some games like Rocket League.

I think the one they got is Acer MWHD1 60GHz WiFi SET, but that ones is not that cheap and actually requires direct line of sight to work...

Thanks.