Firefox Private Mode gets agressively more private

GoodBytes

If you a user that has the most care for your privacy, you are probably using Firefox already.

You'll also be please to hear that Mozilla has been improving its Private mode.

Recently released the new Private mode features Tracking Protection, where it detects parts of the page that can be used to track you, and disables it. Now, Mozilla announces further anti-tracking measures.

Firefox Private mode (with Tracking Protection enabled (on by default)), will block any script that could be used to identify a user, including ads, analytic trackers, and removed social network buttons, like the Facebook Like buttons.

Previously, and like Chrome Incognito mode, it only managed locally stored content, and deleted cookies at the end of the session. It allowed any tracking scripts, ads, and so on to run. Now, Firefox goes full in providing that privacy.

Mozilla's VP Nick Nguyen says, that because Firefox now blocks everything in Private Mode, you'll notice that you'll surf the web faster under the mode compared to have nothing being blocked.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/3/9663396/firefox-private-browsing-ad-blocker-tracking

Hehe FOSS hehe.

*agressively downgrades to windows 7 and switches to firefox*

You should go back to Windows 2000 for 0 tracking (which isn't too bad, as it is was XP without the theme, search dog animation thing, activation system, and without fast boot)

Giggity

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

You should go back to Windows 2000 for 0 tracking (which isn't too bad, as it is was XP without the theme, search dog animation thing, activation system, and without fast boot)

Downgrading back to MS-DOS

kidding btw, win10 is pretty good.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

This has been around in chrome for years.. Incognito mode..

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Firefox Private mode (with Tracking Protection enabled (on by default)), will block any script that could be used to identify a user, including ads, analytic trackers, and removed social network buttons, like the Facebook Like buttons.

Previously, and like Chrome Incognito mode, it only managed locally stored content, and deleted cookies at the end of the session. It allowed any tracking scripts, ads, and so on to run. Now, Firefox goes full in providing that privacy.

Yep.

Please read the article. Chrome does not have this.

Chrome has FULL tracking on you, even under incognito mode (links with your Google account. Google knows everything), and only the only thing it does is delete cookies, delete any local storage at the end of the session, and doesn't put the site in your history.

Not sure if trolling or serious. You do know what Incognito mode does right? It barely blocks anything.

good, good.

we are going the opposite way compared to chrome

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

ehmm, didnt they spy just as much on w7 and w8 as in w10? except they admit it on w10

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

The only thing they'd really need to do now is force https on while in Private Mode.

Everything encrypted

No trackers

No browser history

No cookies

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Foxes have never been stealthier  :ph34r:

shame FF is a broken PoS  went back recently and its horrible

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

shame FF is a broken PoS went back recently and its horrible

Horrible? My experience with it is nothing but good times. It is my default browser and the first thing I install on my computer. I have issues with chrome with much larger system hit and slower internet browsing.

What is your bad experience with firefox?

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

should go to linux then

should go to linux then

Its a joke

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Its a joke

I just made the switch and now use Linux almost exclusively.

I only ever run Windows for gaming and music production, everything else I do in Linux.

It's great.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I just made the switch and now use Linux almost exclusively.

I only ever run Windows for gaming and music production, everything else I do in Linux.

It's great.

im saying my original post was a joke. Not Linux, Linux is great.

And it's been around in Firefox for just as long.  But here we have additional features that Chrome does not have.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Already does that.

I know.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Horrible? My experience with it is nothing but good times. It is my default browser and the first thing I install on my computer. I have issues with chrome with much larger system hit and slower internet browsing.

What is your bad experience with firefox?

spell check aint great, last pass sucks on it, ad block aint much better, crashes, shitty interface.....and lots of small things that forced me back to chrome, which isnt great either.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017