"Samsung will be 'slaughted' in the next 5 years"

Video Link - brought to you by Android Authority:

What do you guys think?

I was like "slaughted???"

But it was a typo. You meant slaughtered :P

But I dunno. Depends on what they mean, as in they will stop making phones or tablets? Or will they stop as a whole? (As for example they make chips for Apple too)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

lol they are pretty much the largest company in the tv market

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They're the leaders in SSD's they aren't going anywhere for a long time

they're in too many markets to die

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Yep, they are in way too many market to die. Even doing extremely well in most of them.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Yeah... Samsung basically make everything and make a LOT of money doing it. I doubt they're going anywhere anytime soon.

May take on it is that he means the phone market, not Samsung as a company; although if things got really bad they would (hopefully) change their tactics and recover. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

their one of THE largest companies in the whole world.... every market they enter into, they become market leaders or runner ups to market leader within no time at all....

Yeah... Samsung basically make everything and make a LOT of money doing it. I doubt they're going anywhere anytime soon.

The video is only in reference to their mobile markets (S series, Note series and A series)

They make great TV's. They even make AC's and other home appliances

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

They're the leaders in SSD's they aren't going anywhere for a long time

I believe the quote refers to their mobile markets.

Did someone confuse Samsung for HTC because as far as I'm aware, they're the only high-end phone company that's getting slaughtered at the moment.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

The video is only in reference to their mobile markets (S series, Note series and A series)

Which is BS as well. Samsung will be one of the top manufacturers of smartphones for years to come. They also have the money to keep going even if they don't.

Did someone confuse Samsung for HTC because as far as I'm aware, they're the only high-end phone company that's getting slaughtered at the moment.

Yeah... I see the death of HTC coming after the death of Blackberry.

this is why i say the OPs post is a fallacy

I've seen it earlier, it was EXTREMELY surprising

Yeah... I see the death of HTC coming after the death of Blackberry.

And it's a real shame too because HTC is one of few companies that actually tries to innovate and their Sense UI is still by far the best Android skin out there.  It's amazing how fickle people can be over something like a sub-par camera because that's really the only bad thing about their phones.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

And it's a real shame too because HTC is one of few companies that actually tries to innovate and their Sense UI is still by far the best Android skin out there.  It's amazing how fickle people can be over something like a sub-par camera because that's really the only bad thing about their phones.

The M9 was a disaster phone. HTC knew it and they released a + varient all be it from the processor it was what the M9 should have been.

I've seen it earlier, it was EXTREMELY surprising

i knew about most of the stuff for years before i saw that video.

although i didnt know about the medical centre, hotels and theme park..

i did however know about their military equipment, Tech-vin or however that is written...

The M9 was a disaster phone. HTC knew it and they released a + varient all be it from the processor it was what the M9 should have been.

How about the HTC A9? It resembles the iPhone 6s too much for my liking. They had their own identity with the Desire range if they wanted to make a more budget friendly device, I would actually consider it if it didn't LOOK EXACTLY like an iPhone with very minuscule changes.

Even if they might not go off in phone industry. They have gained such an amount of popularity that whatever they make its gonna sell tons of them quickly

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |