"Samsung will be 'slaughted' in the next 5 years"

I think Samsung's mobile division could fail, but I don't think it will. Samsung on one hand has proven to be lazy and have zero care with the market, delaying innovation and making crappy "budget" devices, but on the other hand they have shown that they are adaptable. Samsung was known for releasing cheap plastic phones loaded with bloatware, then 2015 happened. I think if Samsung(and even Apple) see budget devices eating their marketshare, they will do something to change that(whether it be releasing cheaper devices or "something new"). RIM(now Blackberry) fell because they were too late to adapting to the market(their Storm was 1 year too late, and was very "first gen" for being a "yesterday device"), and Nokia fell because they let Android devices eat their marketshare in emerging markets, due to them holding onto the Lumia 520 way too long(because the 630 and other "replacements" weren't in the same price category).

Samsung as a whole won't fail though, they are too powerful of a company.

Oh cmon look at this cyanogen inc CEO.all cyanogen did was to basically steal the hard work that devs put to create cyanogenmod.free work i might add.and that gave birth to cyanogenOS.a commercial OS.a closed source OS.that goes against the principle that both android and cyanogen were built on. So far all they did was ...nothing.just steal. And now they want a new OS,their own app store etc.well then go ahead and create your own OS,a brand new one.not one that is based on android.well thats just not posible.they dont have the xp,money,devs,vision etc.not to mention apps.like i said all they did was to steal.

Anyway they said that they are against google and their bloat and bloat in general so they removed it.only to replace them with microsoft bloat.hah.so yeah what else to say

Anyway from my pov,chinese phones gave android a bad name.absolutelly trash devices with no software and hardware support.and with so many new chinese brands i doubt anything would change.maybe more ppl will move to iphone.

The M9 was a disaster phone. HTC knew it and they released a + varient all be it from the processor it was what the M9 should have been.

It was more of a marketing disaster than a fault of the phone honestly and the only major issue with it was the camera (and the camera wasn't even that bad honestly compared to the original 'ultrapixel' cameras from the m7 and m8).  The overheating issues where typical for pretty much every Snapdragon 810 flagship phone so I really wouldn't hold that against the HTC One m9 without holding it against the rest of the pack. Otherwise, It had a great 1080p screen, amazing sound, better battery life than most other flagships with non-swappable batteries, expandable storage, and a clean industrial design with a very lightweight and responsive Android skin.  It's sad that most reviewers panned it for looking too similiar to it's predecessor (which strangely the iPhone never gets panned for) and not having a 2K screen (which the iPhone also never gets panned for oddly as well).  Seriously, the double standards that Apple gets praised for and other phone manufacturers get criticized for is amazing.

Regardless, the damage to HTC has been done and their grasping at straws at this point to make a profit.  At one point there were trying to make the best smartphone you can buy and doing a damn good job of it but now with the A9, it's clear they're trying to be the budget rip-off brand.  It's really sad.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop