It's finally happening in the EU

Warpheus

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Quality post.

No quotes, no back info, title that doesn't explain the subject and a link to a German article.

10/10

What the news is about: there are going to be EU wide regulations about net neutrality

EDIT:

should clarify some more about the news:

these rules want net neutrality as much as possible, but there will be some exceptions. These exceptions are not very clear though, but I heard some stuff about how Spotify would be allowed free inside a bundle or games being prioritized). Not sure about the worse exceptions (for the customer, such as throttling torrents or other music streaming services).

I don't find this good news, as the Netherlands already has good (stricter) regulations on net neutrality (and my ISP is fully net neutral, which is a good thing)

EDIT2:

Here is a link to a pdf by the EU. It was the source of a Dutch article on this.

http://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-10788-2015-INIT/en/pdf

Here is another article on it:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/10/closing-loopholes-europes-net-neutrality-compromise

Don't feel like getting some quotes from it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It won't last. EU people really don't care about anything before something like that happens. But AFTER something we don't like happens we RIOT. Ask the French.  :lol:

Next election we will just vote for parties that will remove this shit.

They don't do that already? 

not many ISP's do that. Shitty ones mostly and in EU you aren't that limited to picking ISP's that are in the area, there are a ton of ISP's.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

OP's article summarised:

They want to do the same throttling bullshit the ISP's do in America.

Yeah this really sux. We have/had super good regulations in the NL and now suddenly the EU wants to fuck this shit up....

I never thought I would be against the EU but this is really really bad

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Not in NL. we got stricter net neutrality rules compared to most of the EU

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Quality post, OP. No quotes, no images, no summary, and it links to a German news site in German on an English-speaking forum.

quality banter m8, top memes.

seriously tough, it's all in german! the only things i undrestood where from minibois's post

Really?  Did you even try to read it?  I don't even know German and I was able to tell it has something to do with net neutrality, the EU parliament, Vodafone, and a protest :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

How did no one see this on here until now?

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-10/27/net-neutrality-european-union-vote

Basically, they implemented Net Neutrality, only it's not actually Net Neutrality.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

For those who can't read German:

The EU removed some regulations for net neutrality and the Deutsche Telekom is now planning to throttle all content of which the provider isn't giving a certain percentage of its income to it.

Netflix doesn't want to give a certain percentage of its income to the deutsche telekom? All customers of the deutsche Telekom will have to live with either watching stuff at a lower resolution or buffering. Valve doesn't want to give a percentage of its income to the Telekom? Welp, all deutsche Telekom customers will have to wait a bit longer with their game downloads, etc, etc.

Vodafone currently doesn't have any such plans, but agrees with the Telekom.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

For those who can't read German:

The EU removed some regulations for net neutrality and the Deutsche Telekom is now planning to throttle all content of which the provider isn't giving a certain percentage of its income to it.

Netflix doesn't want to give a certain percentage of its income to the deutsche telekom? All customers of the deutsche Telekom will have to live with either watching stuff at a lower resolution or buffering. Valve doesn't want to give a percentage of its income to the Telekom? Welp, all deutsche Telekom customers will have to wait a bit longer with their game downloads, etc, etc.

Vodafone currently doesn't have any such plans, but agrees with the Telekom.

Well that's dumb.  How can they get away with not treating all traffic equally?  The water company doesn't throttle your flowrates if you are using it for drinking vs watering plants.  The electric company doesn't give you less power if you are using it for heating vs running lights, etc.  How is this different?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

If i had done this post properly i guess there wouldn't have been half as much reactions.

You're welcome

If i had done this post properly i guess there wouldn't have been half as much reactions.

You're welcome

Yeah, but this is one of those times where the obvious lesson learned isn't necessarily the right one :)  Like, if you try and fail a lot, the obvious lesson is just never try, but just as obviously, that's a stupid idea :D

not in Norway at least.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1984 here we come.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

can't be stuffed trying to figure out what this means, even with it translated.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken