Sony to stop making PS Vita games

Senor Potato

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/23/sony-officially-gives-up-making-ps-vita-games-5457689/

All first party development for the PS Vita has now completely stopped at Sony, as they confirm all their own internal teams are working on the PS4. 
It’s been obvious for years, but Sony has admitted it is currently not working on any new PS Vita titles itself and has no plans to do so in the future.

Well I'm honestly a little sad, I bought one a few years ago and I havent really used it much however I was hoping to get back into it. Its probably a good move by Sony, as third parties can still make games. I dont know if the articles title was the best way to word it, but maybe it holds true.  

It'll suck seeing Sony leaving the mobile console market, but everyone and I mean everyone saw this coming.

TBH they should learn from the shit they tried to pull with all their proprietary garbage. Sony isn't top of the line any more for people to just deal with it.

TBH they should learn from the shit they tried to pull with all their proprietary garbage. Sony isn't top of the line any more for people to just deal with it.

Nintendo does it and everyone accepts it.

But I do see what you mean.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

and to think my vita is sitting in its leather case for somewhere to put my controller on since no one wanted to buy the damn thing off of me. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Wait the vita was still a thing? I thought it died already  :lol:

My cousin bought one not too long ago, I better tell him about this.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

This is old, it had been said a long time ago but I forgot where. I sold mine for 150 so I can save up

and to think my vita is sitting in its leather case for somewhere to put my controller on since no one wanted to buy the damn thing off of me. :(

Yeah mines been collecting dust for a while, i mostly just use it to play ps2 games that come out on teh store. I'm actually trying to look for it now, no idea where it is xD

I see this as the inevitable acceptance of tablets and phones as the new mobile platform for gaming. I also fully expect to Nintendo to continue to deny the trends and attempt another form of mobile device, which I hear is a strong rumor for NX. But no really, objectively speaking Candy Crush and Clan Crash or whatever already won.

In fact since so long ago they're already starting to decline.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah mines been collecting dust for a while, i mostly just use it to play ps2 games that come out on teh store. I'm actually trying to look for it now, no idea where it is xD

Lol, mine's a 1st gen ps vita. You totally can use them as portable emulators for Nintendo games. Which also means dualbooting it. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Lol, mine's a 1st gen ps vita. You totally can use them as portable emulators for Nintendo games. Which also means dualbooting it. :D

Same xD mine's also a 1st gen. I only have like 3 or 4 games for it still. The selection was awful tbh

Sony had 1st party PS Vita game? Never played any of those, playing tons of VNs and JRPGs myself. 

Too much jrpg to care about sony, lame 1st party games. Only gravity rush was good.

Been playing through Rebirth 2 since I beat Rebirth 1. Hoping to play another one of the Atelier games, I have only played Totori on ps3 previously. 

Sony had 1st party PS Vita game? Never played any of those, playing tons of VNs and JRPGs myself.

There are VNs on the Vita? I haven't looked at the game selection in far too long. I remember playing just a couple games on it, then nothing else out being good (imo) so I just got some psp/PS2 games on it. Forgot about it, mostly, after that.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

There are VNs on the Vita? I haven't looked at the game selection in far too long. I remember playing just a couple games on it, then nothing else out being good (imo) so I just got some psp/PS2 games on it. Forgot about it, mostly, after that.

If your into moe blob JRPGs I would recommended the Neptunia Series. :D 

If your into moe blob JRPGs I would recommended the Neptunia Series. :D

I didn't even realize those were on there.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

:'(

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That's a shame, I really like my Vita.

If only they had used normal SD or MicroSD instead of massively overpriced proprietary cards for storage. Maybe then people would have the space to buy more games.

Was it hackable? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Good, i still love my old psp, that thing is old but i still love it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon