gtx titan x power use?

james927

im looking to put 3 titan xs in to a new pc build it says on spec sheets theyuse 600watts is that mainly cause of the fans as i will be water cooling them and before i get anyone saying its over kill yes i know but its what i want 

A Titan X uses about 350-ish Watts - 3x would need a good 1200W PSU if you ask me.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

TitanX-SLI-PowerDraw.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

awesome thank you i was going to use a ax1500i anyway just checking to make sure it would be useable ive got a 900d so could always put a second powersupply in if it uses to much

im looking to put 3 titan xs in to a new pc build it says on spec sheets theyuse 600watts is that mainly cause of the fans as i will be water cooling them and before i get anyone saying its over kill yes i know but its what i want 

As others stated: Yshould at least go for a 1000W but better would be something like ~1500W

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

awesome thank you i was going to use a ax1500i anyway just checking to make sure it would be useable ive got a 900d so could always put a second powersupply in if it uses to much

The times when your PC puts as much heat out as your TOASTER are coming, don't worry.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

haha i live in england so its cold it will save me some money on gas for the heating but not on the electric bill 

i thought about it but i wanted the 12gig vram so i can max out any game 

6GB is more than enough for most games (cue someone talks about modded skyrim) but maybe not for the future... Oh and vram doesn't stack in sli.

Please quote me next time you want me to see :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I don't know of a single game that would max out the 6GB in a 980Ti 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Yeah i would imagine the day you need more then that is the Day you probably would be upgrading your system anyway as its probably a good couple years away and the cards will be outdated and slow compared to whats out 

In 4k I wouldnt doubt there are some games that would need more then 8. Pretty sure GTV completely maxed takes more then that at 4k.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

A Titan X uses about 350-ish Watts - 3x would need a good 1200W PSU if you ask me.

Only with a custom bios. With stock bios max is 275W.

Only with a custom bios. With stock bios max is 275W.

That's TDP - not directly related to power draw.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

That's TDP - not directly related to power draw.

Max power draw which stock bios allows with power slider at max is 275W. It won't allow the card to pull more power. I have two Titan Xs.

Max power draw which stock bios allows with power slider at max is 275W. It won't allow the card to pull more power. I have two Titan Xs.

Really? Odd. I could have sworn it was drawing more than that.

Really? Odd. I could have sworn it was drawing more than that.

250W TDP with stock settings and maxing the power slider in afterburner gives you 110% which is 275W. It sometimes gives something like  113% which is 283W if you set it to throttle by temp not power. With custom bios It will draw about 350W max but you'll need watercooling for that if you don't wanna fry your VRMs.

Get a good 80+ Platinum PSU 1000W to be sure there is room for possible OC or whatever... you could just search up the Internet for how much it consumes.

Or you could get GOLD or below whatever 1000w but eh if you can AFFORD 3 way SLI TItan X i would definitely look into spending a premium qwality/efficient PSU that thing is DRAWING 900W without OC!