Competitive COD

Lamb

But they made it seem like it was part of playing CoD on a pro level. Like if you're good at the game, while also being good at trash talking, then you'll win.. Promoting it like that isn't right in my head. But as I said, I just saw one video, which might just want to put the whole scene in a bad light.. Personally I only watch League of Legends tournaments from time to time. In the LCS sometimes they aren't even in the same room as the other team, and if they're in the same room. You never seem them standing up from their chair shouting whatever. Even though we don't get to hear them talking, it still doesn't seem anything like the one video I saw. Generally the pro LoL players seem somewhat friendly to each other, and I believe it's the same with Dota, Starcraft and so on.. :)

This is the video I saw btw.. Even compared with hockey I think it's a little extreme :)

Edit: Oh well I forgot about all the fist fights in hockey. Might not be that extreme after all :P

Ever been in a rugby scrum, it's not exactly PG13 :)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

But they made it seem like it was part of playing CoD on a pro level. Like if you're good at the game, while also being good at trash talking, then you'll win.. Promoting it like that isn't right in my head. But as I said, I just saw one video, which might just want to put the whole scene in a bad light.. Personally I only watch League of Legends tournaments from time to time. In the LCS sometimes they aren't even in the same room as the other team, and if they're in the same room. You never seem them standing up from their chair shouting whatever. Even though we don't get to hear them talking, it still doesn't seem anything like the one video I saw. Generally the pro LoL players seem somewhat friendly to each other, and I believe it's the same with Dota, Starcraft and so on.. :)

I agree it really isn't good publicity for community. I don't know how console events are arranged but in pc scene usually they play face-to-face or if area is bigger, other side of room. Still, in TI3 you could see how players react to big, well earned victory. Anytime camera is on players you can see their consentration and how much they talk. And thats not really quiet type, I assume.

That kind of videos should be boicot by community since they are only to make those against whole sport make their point more clear. In Finland we have so little publicity towards pro gaming that any news article which happens to mess some facts gets angry comments from community.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I agree it really isn't good publicity for community. I don't know how console events are arranged but in pc scene usually they play face-to-face or if area is bigger, other side of room. Still, in TI3 you could see how players react to big, well earned victory. Anytime camera is on players you can see their consentration and how much they talk. And thats not really quiet type, I assume.

That kind of videos should be boicot by community since they are only to make those against whole sport make their point more clear. In Finland we have so little publicity towards pro gaming that any news article which happens to mess some facts gets angry comments from community.

The publicity even regular gaming gets in Finland is pretty small imo, at least TS has a games section every Wednesday where they review the latest Mario game :P. And the digiexpo I was in few years ago had less stuff than the snowboard expo

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Yeah I have gotten into it recently. It really is quite entertaining to watch. Competitive CoD has exploded since BO2 has come out. Hopefully they will keep it up in Ghosts but I don't know if they will do it right. Infinity Ward always screw something up.

I think it is stupid, just a bunch of people sitting in corners with sub machine guns.

What were you watching because it wasn't competitive CoD.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

This is the video I saw btw.. Even compared with hockey I think it's a little extreme :)

Edit: Oh well I forgot about all the fist fights in hockey. Might not be that extreme after all :P

Well, I can promise you that does not happen in North American Competitive COD...

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

competitive cod

on a console?

I watch Mazarini

whenever I watch a frag video like this it really makes me miss the old days of cod4

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I used to play competitive call of duty with a team from my region, to be honest i ended up finding that the only way after that to enjoy it properly was either playing in a group of 6 all collaborating or just FFAing. Call of duty turns into a completely different game when you play it with your friends and friggin own. Im into LoL now though, its a really interesting game that you actually have to learn and gain skill in to become good at, cant wait for ghosts though! fingers crossed for even better competitive support..

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

competitive cod

on a console?

I watch Mazarini

whenever I watch a frag video like this it really makes me miss the old days of cod4

Competitive could be like this... If it was back on PC

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

I really think competitive Cod and Battlefield is stupid. Counter Strike is totally different however.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Team EnVyUs is best, everyone knows it and should know it. It's not even debatable.

My favorite player WAS Hastr0, and kind of Foreplayy.

After Columbus, everything went to crap. Then OpTic cleaned everyone out.

The Syndicate

I really think competitive Cod and Battlefield is stupid. Counter Strike is totally different however.

competitive Battlefield works because of the class system, if you have a proper team, you can steamroll the other team, if you are uncoordinated you loose rather fast, it definitely could and will work

COD doesn't require any teamwork and is just racking up kills, same with Counter Strike, except that it's balanced properly :\

Counter Strike isn't that much more different that cod besides basic mechanics and community ;)

I really think competitive Cod and Battlefield is stupid. Counter Strike is totally different 

competitive Battlefield works because of the class system, if you have a proper team, you can steamroll the other team, if you are uncoordinated you loose rather fast, it definitely could and will work

COD doesn't require any teamwork and is just racking up kills, same with Counter Strike, except that it's balanced properly :\

Counter Strike isn't that much more different that cod besides basic mechanics and community ;)

If you don't think that COD requires team work on a competitive level then you need some education in the game. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Care to elaborate? I'm interested to why you think this. What makes one fps game okay for competitive but another one isn't?

Why do you think CoD doesn't need teamwork? Also, the class systems are just as important in CoD. You need long range riflemen for defending spawn locations while have run & gun players to go for the objective. Snipers have made a comeback to competitive matches as well.

Tactics is a huge part of winning. Gun skill is far less important than tactics and awareness. Killstreaks also play a vital role as they can completely change the outcome of a match. You can't just keep running in as you have to be sure not to feed the enemy team easy kills.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Care to elaborate? I'm interested to why you think this. What makes one fps game okay for competitive but another one isn't?

Although most would disagree with me, I think FPS games on consoles are a joke. You are severely limited with a controller, and with a mouse you can be very precise; which makes the skill gap far bigger. A good team will beat a worse team 9/10 times on a game like Quake or Counter-Strike. The same rule definitely does not apply to console Call of Duty, because of how limited you are and the fact that auto-aiming can make a bad player into a good player. The game is designed for casual play, and that is why most don't take it seriously as an "E-sport".

I disagree. Every game has it's own ways to make it interesting. For cs players cod looks like just fragging. They are basically same game. Difference is that in cs tactics come from playing around with cash. In cod players don't need to worry about getting best guns for next round. It makes it faster pace than cs. Cs seems like waiting and camping in comparison.

Battlefield is completely different from those two. Range of tactic and teamplay is in whole another level. And I mean in real 8v8 matches. When there's jets, Helios and tanks around with couple infs running, everything needs to go by plan.

I've played bf series games competively since bf2. I've played some low level cod4. I have followed Finnish cs teams succes for some time now.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Although most would disagree with me, I think FPS games on consoles are a joke. You are severely limited with a controller, and with a mouse you can be very precise; which makes the skill gap far bigger. A good team will beat a worse team 9/10 times on a game like Quake or Counter-Strike. The same rule definitely does not apply to console Call of Duty, because of how limited you are and the fact that auto-aiming can make a bad player into a good player. The game is designed for casual play, and that is why most don't take it seriously as an "E-sport".

This is my entire reason why. However I do miss the days of competitive cod4. I think every other cod since then isn't worthy of being an 'e-sport'.

@smjpl

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I don't really have that much time to play games let alone watch someone else play them. I'm sure live events are much more exciting. However watching a live stream is a waste of time in my opinion. 

I would completely disagree. You don't think a good team would beat a bad team 9/10 in CoD? You haven't seen it recently then. I can only talk for BO2 competitive as I have no experience with older versions but from what I am aware, competitive CoD has actually gotten quite sophisticated of late. Having gun skill is only half the battle, even less actually. Teamwork and tactics will trump gun skill every time.

I liked it... But black ops 2 is not a good game... But my favourite team is OpTic and favourite player BIG T (such a G) 

Any pro call of duty team will destroy a non competitive team 99 out of 100 times. They are simply no another level of gun skill, strategy and communication. Although a mouse and keyboard is a more accurate tool for fps gaming that does not mean that you can just take away from the fact that competitive console cod teams are very skilled at what they do. A competitive console team would flatten a non pro party on cod PC been though the non pro team have an aiming advantage. 

Also I think you are discrediting a pro Counter Strike team by saying that they would only win 9/10 times against an ordinary team of casual CS players. 

the only competitve COD worth an damm is COD 4 pro mod. competitive cod on xbox is shit and the only competitve game on xbox was halo 2/3

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

.....OK i am I the only one who thinks this is completely sad?. Seriously guys why would you watch this.....? Wouldnt you rather be playing a game or hanging out with your mates than watch this? :)

watching competitive play can improve your game because you can find out all the really good head glitch, nade bounce and cross angles to use in public games

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

.....OK i am I the only one who thinks this is completely sad?. Seriously guys why would you watch this.....? Wouldnt you rather be playing a game or hanging out with your mates than watch this? :)

Why would anyone watch sports when they could be outside actually playing sports with their friends? There is nothing wrong with having an active interest in the competitive scene of your hobby.

Don’t be a hater dude.

Tell me what is your game and I bet I can find esports or other competive stream that makes you stick to it, find your favorite players or even casters. I've learned dota2 only by watching streams.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think it is stupid, just a bunch of people sitting in corners with sub machine guns.

#shotsfired (because someone left their corner)

Current Keyboards: Ergodox w/ clears, Poker 2 w/ clears, Ducky G2 Pro w/ Blues