Competitive COD

Lamb

:D

The bottom line is that kill streaks are a part of COD, they reward good players and punish weaker players.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

The bottom line is that kill streaks are a part of COD, they reward good players and punish weaker players.

or they reward lucky players

or they reward lucky players

Nope, bad players do quite poorly in cod. It is true that there are opportunities for lucky/undeserved kills in cod but a player relying solely on luck does not get to many v-sats or ospreys.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Nope, bad players do quite poorly in cod. It is true that there are opportunities for lucky/undeserved kills in cod but a player relying solely on luck does not get to many v-sats or ospreys.

orrly? first time I played deathmatch on BLOPS2 , I got first place against people with diamond camos and wrecked face with starting weapons, I didn't even use a single killstreak, it's that simple, there is no recoil or bullet spread

give me an example that 4 people had to properly coordinated to take "c" point in domination, or the just ran up and got blown up by a claymore ;)

The "domination" game type isn't in competitive matches. Only "capture the flag", "search & destroy" and "hardpoint" (new to competitive). ;)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

The "domination" game type isn't in competitive matches. Only "capture the flag", "search & destroy" and "hardpoint" (new to competitive). ;)

I'm just saying as an example, showing the game isn't competitive in the first place, you don't need a damn team to do well in that game

orrly? first time I played deathmatch on BLOPS2 , I got first place against people with diamond camos and wrecked face with starting weapons, I didn't even use a single killstreak, it's that simple, there is no recoil or bullet spread

A lot of people would agree with you. That is why a lot of people have stopped playing play public matches. If you want more of a challenge play "league play". If you rank up in that you will play against more coordinated teams. 4v4 matches of the game types I mentioned in my previous post. Less chaos among teams and less overpowered killstreaks.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Comparing newer cods to cs is like comparing them to older cods (2&4). CoD4 competive scene trashed MW2 for its level design. In S&D bomb plant were too open to be defended or attacked with decent tactical point. I haven't played really newer cods to be able to judge them in good or bad. I have played and watched enought cod4 to see that its more than spraying and running around.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I find the concept of playing CoD competitively offensive. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

I used to watch it and although a lot of people say COD doesn't require skill these guys were very skilled. i haven't played COD in years though, do people still "drop shot"? I used to hate that but I suppose I'm more of a realism guy so COD isn't for me.

"An Excellent Signature"

Some of the first weapons you get in BO2 are the best ones.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Some of the first weapons you get in BO2 are the best ones.

you guys are ducking every single point I make

can i ask you what your experience playing fps games is? (also telling me your in game stats means nothing without verification).

can i ask you what your experience playing fps games is? (also telling me your in game stats means nothing without verification

ok....

(assuming multiplayer) I played Killzone 3, BFBC2, BF3, Crysis 3,Planetside 2,CS:GO

for stats, I play BF3 the most, here's my battlelog 

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/_A55A551N_x/

even more than BF3, I played Warhawk for more than 100's of hours, probably more than I ever logged on BF3, definetely more of a thinking game than it is skillbased, because there's no aiming downsights, there is auto aim and everyone has it, you have to learn how to gain the upperhand, it was also the only other multiplayer game that had vehicles, so Battlefield was nothing new to me

ok....

(assuming multiplayer) I played Killzone 3, BFBC2, BF3, Crysis 3,Planetside 2,CS:GO

for stats, I play BF3 the most, here's my battlelog 

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/_A55A551N_x/

even more than BF3, I played Warhawk for more than 100's of hours, probably more than I ever logged on BF3, definetely more of a thinking game than it is skillbased, because there's no aiming downsights, there is auto aim and everyone has it, you have to learn how to gain the upperhand, it was also the only other multiplayer game that had vehicles, so Battlefield was nothing new to me

I actually meant your cod stats but it does not really matter. The point I was trying to make is that you are probably  a reasonably experienced fps mp gamer so why would you expect to go into another fps and have tonnes of trouble? To do good in BO2 you just need decent/good mouse aiming ability. Allot of people have shocking keyboard+mouse skills so when they are confronted with an experienced fps player they get flattened. 

Also you mentioned that you played against people with diamond camos and wrecked with starting weapons...I'm sorry but if any experienced cod player read that statement they might piss themselves from laughing. Earning diamond camos has very little to do with your fps skill, its just something you will eventually get if you play the game long enough. A bad player who goes 5 and 25 every game will eventually get diamond camos if he play s long enough. The starting guns in cod multilayer have also been consistently good guns, this is so that a player starting a prestige is not placed at a significant disadvantage. 

[Really sorry dude but you honestly come across to me as the sought of player who is likely to be a keyboard warrior when in game mouthing off to people. You need to calm down and realise that it is a bit odd of you to come into a thread which is about competitive call of duty and which players you like and just start raving about how cod is an easy game which requires no skill. If you really don't have anything nice to say about the game or the competitive seen I would hazard a guess that this thread is just not for you, imo]

ok its look like u guys are bashing on CS..now im gonna defend it a bit :P

i agree cs is much more camping compare to the other fps, but camping is not always the best option to win/ having an advantages in cs.. with a help of the tactical nades u can actually win the round without a help from your teammates. you need more practice with the gun mechanics because it has a recoil pattern(CS:GO)..managing ammo, controlling recoil and pre shooting is actually a thing in this game compare to COD..(srsly though what makes COD a good competitive game?)..Team strategy is also important if u'r terrorist :P

aaannnnd for the battlefield i really hope its gonna have a better esport scene..communication in bf is much more important than cs IMO...+ a commando mode..dammn gonna start building up a bf team if i have a chance..Levolution is quite dumb in competitive scene to be honest :S

*bad english lolz

• FX 6300 Hexacore 3.5 GHZ

HD7770 Vapor X OC

Gskill RipjawsX 2x4 GB 1600mhz

ok its look like u guys are bashing on CS..now im gonna defend it a bit :P

i agree cs is much more camping compare to the other fps, but camping is not always the best option to win/ having an advantages in cs.. with a help of the tactical nades u can actually win the round without a help from your teammates. you need more practice with the gun mechanics because it has a recoil pattern(CS:GO)..managing ammo, controlling recoil and pre shooting is actually a thing in this game compare to COD..(srsly though what makes COD a good competitive game?)..Team strategy is also important if u'r terrorist :P

aaannnnd for the battlefield i really hope its gonna have a better esport scene..communication in bf is much more important than cs IMO...+ a commando mode..dammn gonna start building up a bf team if i have a chance..Levolution is quite dumb in competitive scene to be honest :S

*bad english lolz

Its like with all completive games, a good team knows when to be conservative and hold back to keep the map control that they posses; but they must also know when to push and go hard to gain map control and control of the objective. Blindly rushing all the time is not a good competitive strategy, but neither is pure camping. The only times I really see camping to the extent where players are just sitting in a corner or pointing at a checkpoint for minutes is in a tdm scenario and tdm is not the primary game mode for most competitive fps.  

cod has to broken hit detection and to many wierd latency issues to be truly competetive .. the game is just not accurate enough and not up to the standard.

cod has to broken hit detection and to many wierd latency issues to be truly competetive .. the game is just not accurate enough and not up to the standard.

well not on LAN...

CoD 4 and MW2, and anything before that sure, there is a competitive feeling. But anything newer is just luck, and bad lag helps.

not on LAN...

I was wondering, am I the only one here who loves competitive Call of Duty? I'm sure that there are some other people here that like it.

My favorite team is OpTic Gaming and my favorite player is NaDeSHoT (As you can see from my profile pic :P) What are your favorite teams/players?

I was really into competitive rifles only in CoD 2 (playing, not watching), but haven't really gotten into CoD since. I played nearly 4,000 hours of CoD 2 rifles only, while I didn't play professionally I'd bet I could have stood up to some of the best. Although now I've been out of the loop so long (and getting older), that I kind of suck at first person shooters. lol

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Mw2 was the last CoD to be played offline. Lan doesn't mean anything in the newer games. They still rely through an online server...

Yup, and only difference between Lan and online is everyone has same ping and someone making sure there's no fowl play.

For me CS and CoD S6D are same game played with bit different rules. I'm just making fun of cs camping style since there was comments on cod being just random running and spraying. In cod match can be over within minute after entry frags and well timed nades. Rushing is one option in tactics in CoD. Difference between it and CS save round (which is basicly rushing) is that in cod rush may result as won round if its times and executed right.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Mw2 was the last CoD to be played offline. Lan doesn't mean anything in the newer games. They still rely through an online server...

Well this thread is talking about the competitive call of duty scene and so far all of the important torments have been played on LAN