Competitive COD

Lamb

Well we learned a new thing today- If you don't like a game because it doesn't fit your playstyle you're a hater. In that case YOU are a hater of Battlefield. and when I say that I PREFER one game over another, it doesn't mean it is generally better. It means I find it better, you for example might not and that is completely fine by me. And I streamed that couple of points because I think it is more appropriate than the post above my first post.

But you are right in one point, that game rquires some skill, the same and only skill you need in BF3 Team deathmatch - twitch reflexes.

You miss the point, I said that you disliking one game and preferring another is fine but it makes you a hater if you come into a thread about competitive cod with the only to talk about how you dislike the game and not mention anything about competitive cod. I would not go into a BF3 topic just to hate on BF3 because that (in my mind) is what a BF3 hater would do.

Also the post directly above you in my mind was also irrelevant to the topic of competitive cod, It might have been better to read the OP’s post and then make a post relevant to his topic.

I agree with you the skills required in BF3 are very similar to those required for COD, you need good mouse skill. But I think the quick twitch reactions are more important in cod due to the short time to kill. Also in both a good player requires great knowledge of the maps/traffic patterns.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

@lachyman, mind getting you ego off this topic? Your arguments are just stupid. You are calling someone hater just because you are fanboy and can't believe someone disagrees with you. @ConfusedDolphin makes valid points and keeps conversation going without hate.

Anyway this topic should be separated to two, new cods and old cods. Like I've noted in here before, I don't have almost any experience of newer cods and their gamemechanics. From older cods, mainly cod4, I can say that they did have recoil and spread. With something like AK-74u big spread and recoil. Not easy gun in long distances. If Activision has decided to remove spread to make it more easy for consoles, I guess its their opinion. You can't make came easy by removing those two things. It makes it actually harder since basicly anyone can frag and surviving becomes more important thing in being pro. Haven't you heard game called Quake? No spread, no recoil and its considered one of hardest competive games.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Anyway this topic should be separated to two, new cods and old cods. Like I've noted in here before, I don't have almost any experience of newer cods and their gamemechanics. From older cods, mainly cod4, I can say that they did have recoil and spread. With something like AK-74u big spread and recoil. Not easy gun in long distances. If Activision has decided to remove spread to make it more easy for consoles, I guess its their opinion. You can't make came easy by removing those two things. It makes it actually harder since basicly anyone can frag and surviving becomes more important thing in being pro. Haven't you heard game called Quake? No spread, no recoil and its considered one of hardest competive games.

As much as people like to talk about stagnation, COD has actually significantly developed in terms of balance and variety which I personally think is a good thing.

The main difference (imo) between competitive COD4 and BO2 is probably the viable weapon choices and kits available to the players. In COD4 the competitive circuit was mostly dominated by the m16 and the mp5 with the AKs making an appearance on some map. On BO2 there are a few different ARs and SMGs that are all powerful in their own way as well as shotguns and snipers coming into play.

Personally I find that the variety makes it more entertaining to watch :).

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

In COD4 the competitive circuit was mostly dominated by the m16 and the mp5 with the AKs making an appearance on some map. 

You must mean the opposite. AKs were dominant, sometimes in small maps shotgus.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You must mean the opposite. AKs were dominant, sometimes in small maps shotgus.

Pretty sure I I don’t, I did not watch allot of comp COD4 but from what I saw it was all M16s and MP5s (mostly). Saying that in PC ProMod I did see allot of AKs.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite team is FaZe but I like all of the competitive boys for OpTic a lot more, especially Matt and Seth (NaDeshott and Scumpii) was a bit saddened when they dropped Merk but JKap seems ok really.

Plus they have an awesome house and the 72 hour livestream idea is a good one (Although BigT made it that - was meant to be 48 xD).

But yeah OpTic ftw, that Impact team are just stupid and is turning competitive into traditional Call Of Duty which is Kids screaming your mum and racists calling people racist things down the mic. "LOOK AT MY BANK ACCOUNT" Shut up Killa. :)

You obviously haven't watched much of it. Competitive is much different than what most people think.

It's actually very entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago when i used to play console i was really into competitive COD, playing it and watching it. Now that i am a pc gamer there really is no competitive side of it, only playing public matches against terrible players. I still like to watch competitive COD but i am not as involved with it since i don't actually play competitive anymore. I wish all the good pc COD players would get together to form something like gamebattles so we could actually challenge each other rather than pub stomp all day.

You obviously haven't watched much of it. Competitive is much different than what most people think.

>aim assist

I enjoy cod +playing it and watching it, but I dont see how something can be competitive when you have something helping you aim :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

• 2 weeks later...

>aim assist

I enjoy cod +playing it and watching it, but I dont see how something can be competitive when you have something helping you aim :/

There was a video put up about that on the officialMLGCOD channel but I can't find it now :L

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I've never really been fond of "competitive cod" as I don't really think that it's a competitive fps title apart from say COD 4 promod which was decent enought. I've always been more of a Quake, CS 1.6 type of guy.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

If anyone from the europe needs a competitive war server contact me

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I used to watch a lot of optic and stuff like that on YouTube... more when they were just pub stomping back in the golden days of cod 4, mw2 :P Im more in to Counter strike competitive now though

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

Although I am not a COD competitive fan I am kind of sick of the hate train COD seems to have created. I mean seriously before Black Ops (when the game was still somewhat fresh) people loved it for the fast paced arcadey  fun it offered. I mean on every page  in this thread some dirtbag goes "Oh COD suchs and you should feel bad for liking it". I have no problem admitting that I couldn't get enough of COD4 and MW2 to a slightly lesser extent but for some reason people feel obligated to tell you that they never liked it all along and for some reason that makes them cool.

Anyway mini rant aside I mostly follow competitive CS because the strategy is the most entertaining part to me. Just watching the players fake each other out, sneak into positions, or attack from unexpected angles. In my opinion COD is more fun to play than to watch.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I hate ESports in general. They should not be considered sports in my opinion.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I could argue same with many other thingys considered as sport.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Your avatar made me loose hope in humanity

I could argue same with many other thingys considered as sport.

That's true, what "sports" are you referring to?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

That's true, what "sports" are you referring to?

Well football/soccer. Grownups running around and crying when they trip. For over hour. Thats just bad theather and waste of good grass.

But definition for sport is bit vaque anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well football/soccer. Grownups running around and crying when they trip. For over hour. Thats just bad theather and waste of good grass.

But definition for sport is bit vaque anyway.

I can't stand soccer/ football, most boring sport to watch IMO. I prefer to watch baseball and hockey.

Not too aim heavy, it's position based aiming which isn't that fun.

Shootmania favors COD players, since that game is all about choosing good positions for the laser.

I like high hp which favors mouse tracking, COD doesn't favor tracking aim at all.

quake old montage

tribes ascend montage

I'm a bit late to the party - but I love competetive COD! I don't really have a favorite team because I mainly like them all, primarily Optic, Envy and Complexity. Optic does a great job with their Youtube and Twitch and fully deserve the big fanbase they've got.

They take months if not years of training/practice, you have to practice almost everyday to stay good.

You have to have great reaction times to be relevant in the competitive scene, you need to be in very good mental "clarity" before each match, these "not sports" share tons of things with other sports.

You can't just not practice, have horrible reaction times and be side-tracked to play in a pro baseball match now can you? 

you also have to be able to keep yourself calm under pressure, (such as closing a game out as a pitcher)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

They take months if not years of training/practice, you have to practice almost everyday to stay good.

You have to have great reaction times to be relevant in the competitive scene, you need to be in very good mental "clarity" before each match, these "not sports" share tons of things with other sports.

You can't just not practice, have horrible reaction times and be side-tracked to play in a pro baseball match now can you? 

you also have to be able to keep yourself calm under pressure, (such as closing a game out as a pitcher)

I still don't think they're sports. This is the definition of sports:

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Being active is a sport, not staring at a T.V screen and playing competitively. A game that I would be willing to call an E-Sport is StarCraft, or any strategy game.

I still don't think they're sports. This is the definition of sports:

Being active is a sport, not staring at a T.V screen and playing competitively. A game that I would be willing to call an E-Sport is StarCraft, or any strategy game.

there is more to sports than just being active though, it clearly says "Physical exertion" and you can get that from being very mentally involved with something whilst competing at an event.

I believe chess is a sport, can't really see how much different that is from sitting at a desk staring at a pc being competitive with someone else

there is more to sports than just being active though, it clearly says "Physical exertion" and you can get that from being very mentally involved with something whilst competing at an event.

I believe chess is a sport, can't really see how much different that is from sitting at a desk staring at a pc being competitive with someone else

good points but I still don't hold believe that E-Sports are actual sports.