Competitive COD

Lamb

Not so much of a pc scene for CoD, it's mainly on xbox. In esports, when people think of FPS on the pc, Counter Strike is first to come to mind. CS has a fairly large scene (rumors of MLG picking it up) but it definitely wasn't as large a few years ago with source. Nothing else comes to mind. 

I would be dissapointed if MLG ran CS:GO tourneys. As a CS competetive/ESEA player myself CoD is laughable.

I would be dissapointed if MLG ran CS:GO tourneys. As a CS competetive/ESEA player myself CoD is laughable.

MLG is console lead. I would be disappointed if any Competitive PC game had a large following under the MLG banner. I have hours of CS under my belt as well. However I just play for fun CSS was my shit and now CSGO is my thing. I just recently got into competitive with the altpug client. COD4 was a good competitive game. Promod is so good. However COD just got over saturated with BS over the years which makes it less and less competitive. 

The last decent CoD game that was competitive was CoD4 promod. Been to lan playing it and it was awesome. Shame the cod4 scene died off and no more punkbuster support.  

Why would you want to play COD comp? Last good one was CoD 4.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

However I just play for fun CSS was my shit and now CSGO is my thing. I just recently got into competitive with the altpug client. 

I pretty much feel the same and I even have been getting more competitive in CS myself as well.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I once saw a match, and it was just full of british kids screaming at eachother and cursing..

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I once saw a match, and it was just full of british kids screaming at eachother and cursing..

I remember when we played low-level Cod4 comp the worst opponent were british, It didn't matter if they were winning or loosing, they always whined about it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I remember when we played low-level Cod4 comp the worst opponent were british, It didn't matter if they were winning or loosing, they always whined about it.

Yeah, that's why I like watching Dota tournaments. People are just way more professional and treat each other with respect.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

competitive COD 4, MW2, or blops 1 is great. all else I really dont care. I would be awesome if linustechtips could somehow host some tournaments for various games such as halo, COD, starcraft, and maybe a few others.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Yeah, that's why I like watching Dota tournaments. People are just way more professional and treat each other with respect.

I am not suggesting that the yelling and anger that you do unfortunately see in most of the smaller UK tournaments is ideal, but a "healthy" dose of trash talking and animosity does make it significantly more entertaining to watch imo. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I am not suggesting that the yelling and anger that you do unfortunately see in most of the smaller UK tournaments is ideal, but a "healthy" dose of trash talking and animosity does make it significantly more entertaining to watch imo.

No, I think it's silly. You can make jokes to other players if you know them and they know you're trolling. But when I watched a CoD tournament, they just looked like silly, angry idiots cursing at each other

No, I think it's silly. You can make jokes to other players if you know them and they know you're trolling. But when I watched a CoD tournament, they just looked like silly, angry idiots cursing at each other

I think that when emotions are tightly involved in the outcome of a game it is entirely natural to act in such a way. I have not really watched a cod tournament since BO2 and though there was definitely trash talking I do not think it ever turned into outright hostility. One of the things you should keep in mind with the cod scene is that most of the players from the big teams all know each other quite well and play together outside of competitive. 

Trash talking is a part of competition, whether you like it or not. You see it in many different sports, I think cod players get a negative stigma which is really quite unfair. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I think that when emotions are tightly involved in the outcome of a game it is entirely natural to act in such a way. I have not really watched a cod tournament since BO2 and though there was definitely trash talking I do not think it ever turned into outright hostility. One of the things you should keep in mind with the cod scene is that most of the players from the big teams all know each other quite well and play together outside of competitive.

Trash talking is a part of competition, whether you like it or not. You see it in many different sports, I think cod players get a negative stigma which is really quite unfair.

I watched the whole Dota The International 3 final. No one trash talked anyone. You know why? They respect each other. Even when there's more than a million dollars on the line. There was some screaming, but they are in closed pods, so you can only see them, and watch what they say etc, not hear them. But they were definitely not standing up and cursing in the other teams' direction and yelling or cursing at them, which is what I saw some CoD players did.

I watched the whole Dota The International 3 final. No one trash talked anyone. You know why? They respect each other. Even when there's more than a million dollars on the line. There was some screaming, but they are in closed pods, so you can only see them, and watch what they say etc, not hear them. But they were definitely not standing up and cursing in the other teams' direction and yelling or cursing at them, which is what I saw some CoD players did.

It's is not really fair comparing the two situations. COD is usually on an open stage, the players are not locked up inside pods. Talking a little trash does not necessarily mean that you do not have respect for someone. Without having a direct window into the minds of every Dota and cod player you cannot necessarily say that they have respect for each other. 

It's is not really fair comparing the two situations. COD is usually on an open stage, the players are not locked up inside pods. Talking a little trash does not necessarily mean that you do not have respect for someone. Without having a direct window into the minds of every Dota and cod player you cannot necessarily say that they have respect for each other.

I don't know, man. I just couldn't bother watching more competitive CoD. Dota is also on an open stage in all tournaments except The International. Still haven't seen anyone else than some of the Chinese teams getting really upset

The last competitive scene I participated and cared for CoD was CoD4. And even the main game was crappy at best for competitive scene, and had to bring in Promod to sort it out.

No, I love playing competitive COD.....but on PC.

Using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

In my eyes, competitive CoD was it's best back in the CoD4 days. The game was way more balanced and didn't have any killstreaks that could unsettle the balance in an instant.

In my eyes, competitive CoD was it's best back in the CoD4 days. The game was way more balanced and didn't have any killstreaks that could unsettle the balance in an instant.

Or rather they weren't present in comp games which were played in modded servers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have no idea why anyone would want to play CS (of any variation). CS is literally the same exact game with minor graphical upgrades. One can only play Dust and buy weapons each round so many times before you have to change it up. 

COD on the other hand, they change it up too much. The whole MLG thing is silly. If you don't turn auto aim off during competition play, it shouldn't be considered competition. 

I wish someone would make a PC FPS for competition play on a large scale. CSGO isn't it, COD sucks on PC (here's looking at you ghost) and changes too much every year. What we need is a solid CORE game that gets expansions every year instead of a whole "new" game every year. I also think the COD 3 year dev cycle is stupid.