Competitive COD

Lamb

#shotsfired (because someone left their corner)

There is no waiting in corners in current competitive cod.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I think cs is more camping and sitting in corners since they loose guns if they die. There's no such word as saving in cod.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think cs is more camping and sitting in corners since they loose guns if they die. There's no such word as saving in cod.

unless your playing S&D

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

unless your playing S&D

In which cod you have to buy guns in each round? Or stay at base when enemy has planted bomb? Is it feature of newer one? If so, then one more reason not to buy them :)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

In which cod you have to buy guns in each round? Or stay at base when enemy has planted bomb? Is it feature of newer one? If so, then one more reason not to buy them :)

Not talking about the saving for money and buy weapons, just that sometimes it will make more sense for a player to stay out of a fight in a S&D round to save his kill streak which will be valuable in the coming rounds. (I was just trying to loosely relate the two using the word "save" :) )

Not talking about the saving for money and buy weapons, just that sometimes it will make more sense for a player to stay out of a fight in a S&D round to save his kill streak which will be valuable in the coming rounds. (I was just trying to loosely relate the two using the word "save" :) )

Ok. Still something in "saving kill streak" doesn't make me wanna get newers cods.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ok. Still something in "saving kill streak" doesn't make me wanna get newers cods.

You don’t have to like them :) if cod is not your favourite style of fps that’s okay.

If everyone just played the games they liked instead of placing themselves in factions then the "gaming community" (if there is such a thing) would be much more positive.

Yes, I've done a ton of clan wars on cod4 and love to watch livestreams

unfortunately it's almost impossible to find good livestreams with commentary of clan wars on cod4 anymore.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Yeah, it would be better if gaming community held one rope instead of hating other gamers.

Btw. I have played pcw's in cod4. Some CB cups also. So I like older cods, not newer (BO1 has terrible gun sounds on pc).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Im not hating it, Every one to there own. I get watching it to learn more about the game, but i dont think i could watch it how people watch sport ( i dont watch sport lol ). I like watching the mini comps at the LANs but that about it. Every one to there own :)

Well you did say watching eSports is  completely sad which was not entirely nice but yes, Everyone to their own (as long as you’re not hurting others).

I'm still not over the fact that LoL players are concidered atheletes now!

Professional gaming is cool and all, but I'ld rather actually be playing the game myself

Not just LoL, but also Dota 2, as well as other mobas.

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

I think it is stupid, just a bunch of people sitting in corners with sub machine guns.

Thats the complete opisite idea. The point of playing comp is gaining objective points. Thats the whole point. Sitting still? No, you dont stop moving.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

Haha. Well looks like I'm the only one who likes it. :P

Nope. I love it. I play it, I wont stop!

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

Thats the complete opisite idea. The point of playing comp is gaining objective points. Thats the whole point. Sitting still? No, you dont stop moving.

Well that's what it was in the MW2 days.

That rage compilation video... holy cow... Only cod games I have seen has been uploaded by xfactor and levelcap.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Well that's what it was in the MW2 days.

You were probably watching TDM which in most competitive fps tends to be a camp fest. But I don’t remember there being any literal corner camping in ctf or SnD in the days of MW2 competitive. Players do move conservatively sometimes but that is not the same thing as just sitting in a corner.

Care to elaborate? I'm interested to why you think this. What makes one fps game okay for competitive but another one isn't?

Why do you think CoD doesn't need teamwork? Also, the class systems are just as important in CoD. You need long range riflemen for defending spawn locations while have run & gun players to go for the objective. Snipers have made a comeback to competitive matches as well.

Tactics is a huge part of winning. Gun skill is far less important than tactics and awareness. Killstreaks also play a vital role as they can completely change the outcome of a match. You can't just keep running in as you have to be sure not to feed the enemy team easy kills.

sorry I haven't replied in a while, but you need classes because the game isn't smart enough to move spawns? daaaaaaaaaaaamn

Kill Streaks play a vital role because they are fucking overpowered, it's not competitive if the game is left unbalanced with shit like that, that's why people play competitive Counter Strike because it's BALANCED, Cod is a broken mess

If you don't think that COD requires team work on a competitive level then you need some education in the game. 

give me an example that 4 people had to properly coordinated to take "c" point in domination, or the just ran up and got blown up by a claymore ;)

sorry I haven't replied in a while, but you need classes because the game isn't smart enough to move spawns? daaaaaaaaaaaamn

Kill Streaks play a vital role because they are fucking overpowered, it's not competitive if the game is left unbalanced with shit like that, that's why people play competitive Counter Strike because it's BALANCED, Cod is a broken mess

Quite sorry but you seem to be miss informed, the "defending the spawn locations" is a feature in BO2. If you have the correct map knowledge you can place one of your team in what is referred to as an anchor position. This is usually a position of advantage that allows his team to spawn closer to the objective.

Kill streaks main purpose in competitive cod is to break an enemy team out of a power position or get them off an objective. Again it requires experience and knowledge to know when to use your kill, It is by no means easy to earn when you are playing against a pro-team.

Everything that is allowed in competitive cod is balanced if you know how to use all that is available. Please do not troll on a game and competitive scene which you obviously have very little experience of.  

give me an example that 4 people had to properly coordinated to take "c" point in domination, or the just ran up and got blown up by a claymore ;)

It would actually be quite  tricky to run up to a domination flag in a completive call of duty game since it is not one of the game types that is used in mlg play. Again please do not comment in a negative fashion on something you have limited knowledge of.

Quite sorry but you seem to be miss informed, the "defending the spawn locations" is a feature in BO2. If you have the correct map knowledge you can place one of your team in what is referred to as an anchor position. This is usually a position of advantage that allows his team to spawn closer to the objective.

Kill streaks main purpose in competitive cod is to break an enemy team out of a power position or get them off an objective. Again it requires experience and knowledge to know when to use your kill, It is by no means easy to earn when you are playing against a pro-team.

Everything that is allowed in competitive cod is balanced if you know how to use all that is available. Please do not troll on a game and competitive scene which you obviously have very little experience of.  

a fucking feature? damn you guys are really desperate to defend this game

and no it doesn't, I have never seen fucking killstreaks in SC2 and Counter Strike and all these other competitive games, I wonder why...

everything? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah right, one gun is broken, it's patched, next gun is brokenm continue, yes I do know of this game, my friends own it and tell me how overpowered some of the perks and guns are

I think you'll find the word "strategic" a better fit. 

There is usually only one gun that anyone would save and that is the AWP. Why? Because the AWP is expensive, valuable and you do not want to give it to the enemy team.  

Coming from a competitive CS player and (use to be) competitive COD player; COD requires no skills, half of the time the casual game modes like Search and Destroy are always kids trying to trickshot and trickshot doesn't require skills, it requires luck (and lots of buttons). COD players still camp even though they still get the same guns if they die, sometimes they rush (Which requires no skills), Noob-Tube (Grenade launcher - Which again, requires no skills), three quarters of the COD community is made up of kids who haven't even ...... (You can fill in the dotted lines yourself), There will always be someone who is vulgar, hateful, annoying and complaining because someone killed him.

In CS - The game actually requires skills, strategy - The game has recoil, spread, reduced speed due to heavier weapons - The game is balanced on both sides, short rounds (2 Minutes) so there is no point camping - Like i said before, people only save because the gun is valuable. The community is far more mature and doesn't have little kids screaming their heads off.

So please, elaborate again.

a fucking feature? damn you guys are really desperate to defend this game

and no it doesn't, I have never seen fucking killstreaks in SC2 and Counter Strike and all these other competitive games, I wonder why...

everything? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah right, one gun is broken, it's patched, next gun is brokenm continue, yes I do know of this game, my friends own it and tell me how overpowered some of the perks and guns are

You really have a way with words you eloquent devil.