Win10 system eating ram like chrome on steroids

ixi_your_face

Anyone else getting this?

j6FziDj.png

PC's only been up for a little over 8 days, anyone got an idea on why this could be happening?

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Have you tried restarting? :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Anyone else getting this?

j6FziDj.png

PC's only been up for a little over 8 days, anyone got an idea on why this could be happening?

Did you try tunring it off and back on again?

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

Did you try tunring it off and back on again?

Have you tried restarting? :D

ofcourse! But i dun wanna again Q_Q

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Just found that aswell, dat's silly

but i guess it gives me an excuse to people who're all like "hurdur you only need 8 gigs of RAM!!!11!1!1" :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Article doesn't really tell how to fix it, It says change the page file size but that doesn't work for most people :/

The article tells you you don’t need to fix it, since it is an advantageous feature of Windows to make use of unused RAM (that would otherwise be wasted)

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

The article tells you you don’t need to fix it, since it is an advantageous feature of Windows to make use of unused RAM (that would otherwise be wasted)

Yeah but I've seen this become an issue for people since when they require more RAM windows fails to let go of it and their system becomes sluggish.

It's a bug and a feature all in one.

try different browser

youwut

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's not normal behavior. I have 32 GB of ram (so no space saving occurring and this is what mine looks like.)

post-225630-0-65462800-1444223687_thumb.

BTW anyone know how to increase the ram usage (you know storing stuff like outlook/word ect. in ram since I'm not using much at all during normal operation? And not as a ramdisk...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

It's not normal behavior. I have 32 GB of ram (so no space saving occurring and this is what mine looks like.)

attachicon.gifScreenshot (4).png

how long has yours been up for?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

attachicon.gifScreenshot (4).png

BTW anyone know how to increase the ram usage (you know storing stuff like outlook/word ect. in ram since I'm not using much at all during normal operation? And not as a ramdisk...

I see you have cortana on there, do you use her? Is it nice or did you just disable it

Shipping sucks

how long has yours been up for?

7 hours only I think. I've had to restart to try to get a benchmark working (which I never did...) But even with my previous record on win10 4 day consecutive on time I've never seen idle usage total (and I certainly don't remember system being a big chunk) more than say 4-4.5 GB. (I'm at 3 atm).

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I see you have cortana on there, do you use her? Is it nice or did you just disable it

I have it activated atm. She is fine, but I only have a headset so most of the time I don't actually have a mic on me (although it's at my desk). On my laptop (which obviously has a mic) it's much more fluid using her.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

download opera or different chromium browser types, also I cant see the pic, what % is your ram at

This has nothing to do with my browser

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I think you may have either a malfunction in windows or have malware.

Here is something you can try:

if you have admin rights, right click on the start button and select "command prompt (admin)".

when the prompt is open type (without the quotes) "sfc /scannow" and press enter. This will take a few minutes, when it is done check my ram the system is using.

or download malwarebytes antimalware from here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/ 

Install it and run a complete system scan.

Hope this helps.