Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

Yeah, you should try Dirt Rally or Assetto Corsa if you have a wheel. Dirt Rally really puts you to the test and AC is lots of fun for when you have nothing else to do. 

I was planding on picking up AC probablyduring the winter sale when it goes on sale. As it is, it was 44 when I bought project cars and is now 30. I think winter sale it should go down to 15. How is dirt rally?

3 minutes ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

I was planding on picking up AC probablyduring the winter sale when it goes on sale. As it is, it was 44 when I bought project cars and is now 30. I think winter sale it should go down to 15. How is dirt rally?

Well I'll be honest here, I don't own it lol, but all of the reviews say that it is super action packed and you're going to really have to take it easy until you get the hang of it. It has the highest rated surface simulation that I've seen in a rally game (as in, dirt feels like dirt, gravel feels like gravel, etc.).

Proper photo mode can't come fast enough. Until then, heres a couple of videos:

Caterham Superlight R500 Custom.pngHoly Trinity (Duo).png

(both the LaF and P1 are mine)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

How'd you get two of your cars in one shot?

Set up a bucket list blueprint with one of the cars so that it becomes an object in the world, then just park beside it. You dont get much control over placement so you have to scout around to see which blueprint spot will suit the car best.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Set up a bucket list blueprint with one of the cars so that it becomes an object in the world, then just park beside it. You dont get much control over placement so you have to scout around to see which blueprint spot will suit the car best.

ohhhhhhhh yeah. Thanks.

5 hours ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

How is dirt rally?

really fun but quite difficult rally game.... 

you just need to focus on finishing without crashing and eventually you will even finish as 1st .... imho the best Dirt game :D

also it has not only rally, but also rallycross and hillclimb so if you get tired of rally you can try something different xD 

i dont have much to say about it except that if you like rally and do love a challenge or (somewhat) realistic as possible experience ... then get it and give it a try 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Didnt know this was a thing untill i looked at @chaozbandit's signature just now.... But anyways, hello guys im going to build a sim rig soon to hardmount a t500rs wheel and pedal set (with th8a shifter) and im also going to buy asetto corsa soon to add to my ever growing collection of car games.

*Follows thread*

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, Strando123 said:

Didnt know this was a thing untill i looked at @chaozbandit's signature just now.... But anyways, hello guys im going to build a sim rig soon to hardmount a t500rs wheel and pedal set (with th8a shifter) and im also going to buy asetto corsa soon to add to my ever growing collection of car games.

*Follows thread*

Some people prefer the T300RS to the T500; the latter seems to have an excessively strong force feedback motor, but otherwise they are identical. If I was to redo my setup I'd go for the T300RS + alcantara wheel, and pedal set. Heck even the T180 belt system feels way better than the gears in my G27.

Folding@Home | BOINC

27 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Some people prefer the T300RS to the T500; the latter seems to have an excessively strong force feedback motor, but otherwise they are identical. If I was to redo my setup I'd go for the T300RS + alcantara wheel, and pedal set. Heck even the T180 belt system feels way better than the gears in my G27.

belt will always feel smoother and most likely stronger as well .... cause gears 

T500 comes with what theoretically is T3PA Pro pedals instead of the pedals that come with T300 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

I save almost 100$ by getting the t500rs instead of the t300rs and t3pa pro pedals.

Ps, i want the pro pedals because i want gt style hardmounted pedals.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Anyone here Who have any opinions on the richmotech loadcell mod for the t3pa pro/t500rs pedals? (Once i have had my wheel and pedals for a year im conciddering modding them if "nesecary")

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Anyone here Who have any opinions on the richmotech loadcell mod for the t3pa pro/t500rs pedals? (Once i have had my wheel and pedals for a year im conciddering modding them if "nesecary")

i would say to add the loadcell only if you feel like it ... it will make it bit more realistic and stuff ... at least thats what i have heard about it 

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i would say to add the loadcell only if you feel like it ... it will make it bit more realistic and stuff ... at least thats what i have heard about it 

Exactly, i have though about it and if the "realistic brake mod" feels as good as the modded pedal on my driving force pro wheel does i wont mod it. (I my driving force pro wheel's brake pedal has three rc car springs and closed cell foam under it, feels good and resistive)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Exactly, i have though about it and if the "realistic brake mod" feels as good as the modded pedal on my driving force pro wheel does i wont mod it. (I my driving force pro wheel's brake pedal has three rc car springs and closed cell foam under it, feels good and resistive)

the T500 pedals should be simmilar-ish and loadcell might be with more resistance 

not reall sure since i dont have them :( 

also ... any tips on improving DFGT pedals for next to 0 money? :D (they are absolute shite and @bcredeur97 would agree)

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

the T500 pedals should be simmilar-ish and loadcell might be with more resistance 

also ... any tips on improving DFGT pedals for next to 0 money? :D (they are absolute shite and @bcredeur97 would agree)

Three 1/16th scale rc car springs and a thick slab of foam.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Three 1/16th scale rc car springs and a thick slab of foam.

3 springs per pedal that is? xD

honestly i might buy 4 RC springs and try it 

but other than that my other option is Fanatec CSL Elite pedals (without the loadcell brake ... since i dont need it)

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

3 springs per pedal that is? xD

honestly i might buy 4 RC springs and try it 

but other than that my other option is Fanatec CSL Elite pedals (without the loadcell brake ... since i dont need it)

R.I.P WALLET!  fanatec is expensive...

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

21 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i've taken apart the pedal box before. the springs are "L" shaped, and pretty terrible. You can pretension them a bit but afaik no one makes stiffer ones.

But even if they did then the pedals would slide on the floor even more so you'd have to come up with something to fight that too. Best bet is to get your hands on another set of pedals and a usb adapter of sorts to use them as a standalone unit.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i've taken apart the pedal box before. the springs are "L" shaped, and pretty terrible. You can pretension them a bit but afaik no one makes stiffer ones.

But even if they did then the pedals would slide on the floor even more so you'd have to come up with something to fight that too. Best bet is to get your hands on another set of pedals and a usb adapter of sorts to use them as a standalone unit.

Sliding is an issue i wont miss when i get my stuff hardmounted.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

24 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

R.I.P WALLET!  fanatec is expensive...

90 euros for the CSL Elite pedals + 25 euro for the USB adapter + shipping xD 

15 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

you can probably do some sketchy setup with extra springs :D 

5 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Sliding is an issue i wont miss when i get my stuff hardmounted.

my pedals sit against the wall already so thats all good xD 

6 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

90 euros for the CSL Elite pedals + 25 euro for the USB adapter + shipping xD 

you can probably do some sketchy setup with extra springs :D 

my pedals sit against the wall already so thats all good xD 

Mine eventualy end up against the wall.... (Ps: tightened the mounting bolt on my sequential shifter, it now scrapes my desk (not a big deal, desk is falling apart and is getting ready for the trash) but when the bolt scrapes my desk it also moves the wheel slightly.... If i tighten my wheel it only temporarily fixses the issue)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Is the t3pa pro/t500rs pedal set compatible with aftermarket pedals?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, Strando123 said:

Is the t3pa pro/t500rs pedal set compatible with aftermarket pedals?

it should be 

Just for fun i decided to look up the difference between @Mister2010's wheel and mine.

Here are mister 2010's wheel and pedal set:

images (11).jpg

Here is the set im using:

Logitech-Driving-Force-Pro-small.jpg

Its pretty much the same set.... (Maybe the pedals are cross compatible?)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server: