Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Is pcars development done? It's been a long time since they released the last DLC.. I was surprised I still had it all after taking a rather large break from the game 

PCARS 1 development concluded around the time of the last DLC, the Pagani-Nurburgring Combined expansion. Since then all resources have been diverted to PCARS 2 and the closed forum for backers, but nothing major has been leaked out AFAIK. 

Granted, its been a few weeks since I checked out that forum and really dug for details. Hoping for news sometime early 2017.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

53 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

The cup car is MUCH faster due to the extra grip and lighter weight. 

I still refuse to buy subscription-Model games. I don't want to pay a monthly fee to play a game lol

i know ... thats why i meant it as a joke :D 

tbh iRacing is way more serious than Pcars will ever be ... so imho worth it cause of the community 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

25 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

PCARS 1 development concluded around the time of the last DLC, the Pagani-Nurburgring Combined expansion. Since then all resources have been diverted to PCARS 2 and the closed forum for backers, but nothing major has been leaked out AFAIK. 

Granted, its been a few weeks since I checked out that forum and really dug for details. Hoping for news sometime early 2017.

Ah I gotcha. I'm sure pcars 2 will be nice but I hope it's enough of a change to make it worth it over the first one. If not, it'll be hard to justify spending $60 again for it and then buying all the DLC lol. Pcars 1 cost me the most out of any game I ever played. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Ah I gotcha. I'm sure pcars 2 will be nice but I hope it's enough of a change to make it worth it over the first one. If not, it'll be hard to justify spending $60 again for it and then buying all the DLC lol. Pcars 1 cost me the most out of any game I ever played. 

That feeling when you realize PCARS 1 (with all the DLC) will cost as much as FH3 Deluxe + 1 DLC, or FH3 Ultimate standalone.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

18 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

That feeling when you realize PCARS 1 (with all the DLC) will cost as much as FH3 Deluxe + 1 DLC, or FH3 Ultimate standalone.

Yeah but I doubt I'd put over 300 hours into either of those games :P 

well more than that... I'm still playing pcars. And you guys probably have a lot more time in it than me lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Do any of you know of a wheel adapter for the t500rs that retains the Buttons and allows you to use a real wheel?

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, Strando123 said:

Do any of you know of a wheel adapter for the t500rs that retains the Buttons and allows you to use a real wheel?

No, unfortunately Thrustmaster uses a proprietary pin layout for their hubs so you're stuck with whatever wheel rims they have available. There are aftermarket hubs like the DSD one but its pure analog; it just adapts the hub thread to standard six hole bolt.

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/wheel-adapters.html

1590606_orig.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

Oops. Forgot about the SR Hardware one; basically its hte hub with all the Ferrari GTE buttons but also has the six holes for a standard rim. @Strando123

http://simracinghardware.com/product/thrustmaster-gte-wheel-adapter/

Thrustmaster-GTE-Wheelplate_2.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Oops. Forgot about the SR Hardware one; basically its hte hub with all the Ferrari GTE buttons but also has the six holes for a standard rim. @Strando123

http://simracinghardware.com/product/thrustmaster-gte-wheel-adapter/

Are the paddles removable?

EDIT: Derp, its just an adapter ring that replaces the thrustmaster rim. (Presumably works on the stock wheel too?)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Are the paddles removable?

EDIT: Derp, its just an adapter ring that replaces the thrustmaster rim. (Presumably works on the stock wheel too?)

I guess so? I find the Thrustmaster GTE rim, or the one that comes with the 599 Alcantera bundle, is more than sufficient for most people. Just be careful and take care of the rim material or else it'll start to degrade. 

Unless you REALLY need to change the actual rim myself. In my case, I love the (knock-off) Nardi on my G27.

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

I guess so? I find the Thrustmaster GTE rim, or the one that comes with the 599 Alcantera bundle, is more than sufficient for most people. Just be careful and take care of the rim material or else it'll start to degrade. 

Unless you REALLY need to change the actual rim myself. In my case, I love the (knock-off) Nardi on my G27.

I have this ifra wheel that i want to use:

received_900585566743347.jpeg

(Ignore the momo horn Button, it was put there because i couldnt afford a momo wheel si i bought a 2$ Button on ebay and stuck it in my free wheel)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

7 hours ago, Strando123 said:

I have this ifra wheel that i want to use:

(Ignore the momo horn Button, it was put there because i couldnt afford a momo wheel si i bought a 2$ Button on ebay and stuck it in my free wheel)

i dont think that there is except the thing that @chaozbandit said 

EDIT: shit ... wrong quote but at least the correct person xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Isn't Simbin the devs behind Race Room Racing Experience? They've been kicking out new content still for quite some time. Unless someone else has been responsible for that? 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Simbin defaulted a while back, a small number(to put it lightly less then ten) started Sector3 to recapture what they had left. They had a year burn in period and then they cracked down seriously and pulled racerroom out of the grave, granted it still doesnt have a large following because Ac and Pcars are very strong titles.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways the reason I came here, i decided its time i try Project cars again 

So i went online and well this gif should tell you enough

da53e916c028080803123272a2e0a64b.gif

It was a warzone, i think we lost a few people

-------------------------------------------------------------

So i thought well ive not been on the Assetto corsa multiplayer for a while so ill try that, maybe it will be better what with the minorating and all. 

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd

da53e916c028080803123272a2e0a64b.gif

Nope. 

This somehow ended in me buying Dead or Alive and maratheoning the storyline(jesus that game is hard(i know what you thinking and no only the game was hard)) 

So after i was done with melon simulator I ended the day how all sim racing session go for me, downloading a stupid amount of skins which ill likely never use or see. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

14 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

i decided its time i try Project cars again

So i went online...

So i thought well ive not been on the Assetto corsa multiplayer for a while so ill try that, maybe it will be better what with the minorating and all. 

Nope.

Out of curiosity, what is it that is wrong with the online? I'm relatively new to AC and PC and well...I kind of suck too hard to go online yet lol.

36 minutes ago, Tumatauenga said:

Out of curiosity, what is it that is wrong with the online? I'm relatively new to AC and PC and well...I kind of suck too hard to go online yet lol.

Nothing wrong with online, its the people who play.

Folding@Home | BOINC

going to have to go buy an xbox controller later, my wheel is broken and car-games are straight up un-playable with a mouse and keyboard.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 hour ago, Strando123 said:

going to have to go buy an xbox controller later, my wheel is broken and car-games are straight up un-playable with a mouse and keyboard.

hmm.... i finished NFS UG2 with a keyboard just fine :P

3 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

hmm.... i finished NFS UG2 with a keyboard just fine :P

Forza Horizon 3, the entire dirt series and beamng arent that fun when you are used to 120+ mph e-brake drifts and all your cars are tuned for driving with a wheel.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

21 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

Simbin defaulted a while back, a small number(to put it lightly less then ten) started Sector3 to recapture what they had left. They had a year burn in period and then they cracked down seriously and pulled racerroom out of the grave, granted it still doesnt have a large following because Ac and Pcars are very strong titles.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways the reason I came here, i decided its time i try Project cars again 

So i went online and well this gif should tell you enough

-------------------------------------------------------------

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd

Nope. 

This somehow ended in me buying Dead or Alive and maratheoning the storyline(jesus that game is hard(i know what you thinking and no only the game was hard)) 

So after i was done with melon simulator I ended the day how all sim racing session go for me, downloading a stupid amount of skins which ill likely never use or see. 

6 hours ago, Tumatauenga said:

6 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Nothing wrong with online, its the people who play.

^ That and the lack of players. On Pcars anyways, I've noticed a significant dive in the number of people online at any given time. 

Best thing if you want to race online, IMO, is to find and join a league. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

FH3 1.0.17.2 is out, PC performance is much improved but more importantly core balancing has been "optimized" for 4- and 8-core CPUs meaning many systems are back to pre 1.0.14.2 levels of FPS. I am back to 40-60 fps on the 1080p60 high preset, and while it is much more playable it's still not where it could be.

Here are the patch notes:

Spoiler

Stability
· Fixed an issue where having a microphone enabled in the game but no speech pack installed would cause the title to crash on Windows 10
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Windows 10 players when entering Maroondah Road Bucket List event
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Windows 10 and Xbox One players when joining online Bucket List Blueprint challenges with mismatched DLC
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some Xbox One players when pausing the game
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some players when collecting Loyalty Rewards while in a Convoy
· Fixed an issue that would cause a game crash for some players when using the AMD R9 Fury X graphics card on Windows 10
· Fixed a TDR for Windows 10 players

Performance
· Players running four-core setups on Windows 10 should see CPU improvements
· Improved thread layout changes for eight-core setups on Windows 10, resulting in improved performance
· Improvement to performance in upgrades and tuning screens on Windows 10
· Fixed a stall when driving in Byron Bay on Windows 10
· Stall fixed when applying Drivatar liveries while driving on Windows 10
· Stall fixed when driving in free roam on Xbox One

Wheel Support
· Improvements to force feedback dead zone and FFB performance when driving on tarmac on both Xbox One and Windows 10
· Fixed a bug so that wheel button prompts now match the in-game bindings on Windows 10
· Actions that must be mapped are now identified in the UI and number of actions that must be mapped has been reduced on Windows 10

General Improvements
· Fix for photo mode being blurry for some Windows 10 players
· Groove music playback improvements on Xbox One
· Upgrade basket UI now supports mouse input for Windows 10
· Fix for bug that prevented Windows 10 players from progressing past the Start screen with no internet connection
· Added Master Volume option for Windows 10 players
· Fix to Advanced Camera functionality in left and top views in Paintshop (Xbox One and Windows)
· Fix to enable Rewind when returning from Co-Op to Solo (Xbox One and Windows)
· Added option to mute microphones in-game (Xbox One and Windows)
· Player can now continue driving when fuel runs out (Xbox One and Windows)

Gameplay Changes
· Horizon Edition cars that boost either Skills or XP no longer provide a benefit in Online Adventure
· Fixed an issue where the Perk “The XP Bump” worked in Online Adventure. Now it provides no benefit outside of single player racing
· Added a 30-second cooldown to the Drift Tap Skill
· Reduced the amount of XP awarded for banking Skill Chains
· Reduced 3-Star score target on the following Drift Zones: Mountain Scramble, Mountain Foot, Reservoir, and Gold Mine
· Previous Horizon Edition cars removed from Wheelspins; new Horizon Edition cars added. The new HE cars are the BAC Mono Horizon Edition , Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Horizon Edition, Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition, Mercedes C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series Horizon Edition, MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition, MINI Cooper S Horizon Edition, and the Subaru Impreza 22B STi Horizon Edition
· Added the name of the current Championship to Car Select in Online Adventure to help players choose a suitable car
· Horizon Edition cars display the correct bonus for Wheelspins
· Fixed an issue where the Landmarks stat was incorrectly listed as 21 instead of 19, stopping players reaching 100 percent complete

And for S&G I turned my game up to Ultra and took a few demo shots. Unfortunately focus with the dynamic optimization makes photography inconsistent, but when shots come out with 90% of your expected composition, I can't complain. The images save at whatever your in-game resolution is, in this case 1080p, which means some detail is lost when upscaling. For now it will suffice, but I do intend on testing 4k and all of the single digit FPS my 290 can manage.

FH3 RS-HE 1.jpg

FH3 RS-HE 2.jpg

FH3 RS-HE 3.jpg

FH3 RS-HE 6.jpg

FHS RS-HE 4.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

It feels like every update breaks FFB in a different way. After the last update my wheel would center to the sides as opposed to the middle when I turned, and I somehow fixed it.

And now, after this update, the FFB feels like I'm driving through butter and again centers to the sides and not the middle. If I'm going around a turn, the wheel will fall to the left or right and not the center, so it's almost like FFB is non-existent. Why Turn 10, why.