Laser Razor from Skarp

jos

skarp-laser-razor-animation.jpg

Skarp Razor is replacing blade with a laser and plans to make it available to everyone. Skarp created a razor that doesn't cause irritation, shaves smoothly and can help reduce waste. Wavelengths of light had been discovered that cut through dark hair but not light or gray hair, so it wasn't until 2009 that he found a wavelength that could cut any color hair. It doesn't emit UV, and the power of the laser is too low to cause damage. Most importantly, the laser doesn't enter the skin or cause complications that can happen from traditional laser hair removal. Skarp can be used with water, but it's not necessary, which means users can also reduce the amount of water they use when shaving and lathering. The laser has a life of 50,000 hours and is powered by a AAA battery.

Gustavsson has been working in the medical and cosmetic laser industry for three decades. In 1989, he invented Intense Pulsed Light, still the preferred method of hair removal and dermatology treatments today.

That is cool, I guess in a way it is a competition for dollar shave club.. no more razors needed. 

Source: http://mashable.com/2015/09/28/skarp-razor-kickstarter/#QpsDseZAgmqi

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skarp/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving?ref=popular

Does it produce a smell?
No. Because we're not actually burning the hair, it doesn't produce a burnt hair smell.

Is it safe?
Yes, the laser is low power & eye safe

Can I shave at normal speed?
Yes you can. You don't have to shave at slow speeds! You'll even finish a little quicker as you won't have to lather up!

So many of them have a beard rofl.

Also, who doesn't love the smell of burnt hairs in the morning.

The laser has a life of 50,000 hours and is powered by a AAA battery.

Also that doesn't sound even remotely realistic.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

so, would you call it a ... Lazor

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

A 50k hour life on the laser would mean a lifetime of usage for me, since I only shave like once a month. Beards are superior in every way to a clean shave. Unless you look like a hobo with one.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

itll smell burned and ive you tilt it wrong you burn yourself

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

So many of them have a beard rofl.

Also, who doesn't love the smell of burnt hairs in the morning.

well from the video it looked like the laser actually only turned on when it became in contact with the hair so that could be very true depending on how its done.

well from the video it looked like the laser actually only turned on when it became in contact with the hair so that could be very true depending on how its done.

50,000 hours for a laser than can burn hairs on a single AAA battery? Dude, no way. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

so ive i push and some skin lifts up and a hair is on the same level, i would get either burned or it wouldnt work, right?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

so ive i push and some skin lifts up and a hair is on the same level, i would get either burned or it wouldnt work, right?

i think it simply is harmless to skin, when the guy was holding just the laser itself he it was clearly on and was able to rub it on his skin without burns

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

it looks ridiculously expensive and probably uses a fair bit of energy. if you want to reduce waste just use a traditional razor knife or safety razor and recycle the blades.

There is stuff like pulsed light therapy that would require a few treatments over a month, a bit of cash, but you would almost never need to shave again.

I rather do that and never risk looking like a disgusting hobo or manchild faglord with a beard which serves as a home for many.

I'm calling bullshido on that right away

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There is stuff like pulsed light therapy that would require a few treatments over a month, a bit of cash, but you would almost never need to shave again.

I rather do that and never risk looking like a disgusting hobo or manchild faglord with a beard which serves as a home for many.

pulsed light therapy technology was invented by the same guy who made this

50,000 hours for a laser than can burn hairs on a single AAA battery? Dude, no way.

It means that laser last for 50000 hours before breaking, not that one charge would.

Lol, Skarp literally translates to Sharp in Norwegian.

I love puns

It would be nice if they put a demonstration video rather than just a "theoretically this works" video.

Either way, would be cool if if actually works

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Dollar Laser Club

Over $1 million pledged of the $160,000 goal.

I think I'll wait for it to come out before making a decision.

The laser has a life of 50,000 hours and is powered by a AAA battery.

From the Kickstarter page Q/A section.

"The Skarp Razor uses a single AAA that will last about a month with normal use."

"The laser has a life of 50,000 hours."

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

From the Kickstarter page Q/A section.

"The Skarp Razor uses a single AAA that will last about a month with normal use."

"The laser has a life of 50,000 hours."

okay. that's better. still don't think the smell will be something I would want.

Spoiler

okay. that's better. still don't think the smell will be something I would want.

Apparently ..The laser is not burning the hair and make smell.. it is just affecting some molecules in hair to make cutting...I dont know how that works..

It seems like I might finally be clean shaven. Goodbye beard...you've served me well but I never actually liked you...was just too lazy to shave you.