Do people you know prefer android or iOS?

spyder

Well I was in my IT Lesson, when I mentioned I was going to get an LG G4, and part ways from my iPhone. Almost all of my class buddies looked at me in disgust?  :huh: Apparently to them I am downgrading from choosing that phone. On top of this, I don't think they know anything about LG apart from one guy who recognises how well the G4 is? Is everyone you know pro Apple? or acknowledge there is more to android. Personally in my family, majority are android over apple -> they made the switch to it after they had positive experiences. I'm neutral, I prefer both, this bias towards Apple seems undoubtedly high. 

Lets keep the discussion neutral please. 

Most of my friends couldn't care less. I'm a die hard HTC sense guy of course

Some members of my family are vision impaired, and the accessibility functions of iOS are unparalleled. So my family is iOS all the way, I am neutral (have a 4S but want a moto X style) and almost all my school are iOS.

"If you don't like something, change it." - Android 2015

"If you don't like something, change your attitude." - Apple 2015

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Apple are good at marketing and sure, their products are high quality. I personally have never tried an Apple brand phone and I want to. The problem is that all I ever hear about iPhones is how bad something is. I ended up settling for a Note 4 vs iPhone 6 and I think I made the right decision.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Pretty healthy mix in my world. I love iPhones because the company I work for pays my phone bill if I have a Windows or iOS device - so no Android love yet.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

My friends are all Android lovers, as I am as well. For reasons such as customization, compatibility and performance. However pretty much everyone in my family has an IPhone / IPod, they like how simple they are, and that they don't have to worry about doing anything, that it usually just works. I used to have an IPhone 4, and I couldn't stand it- it was small, had tiny battery, and performed like crap, happiest day of my life was when I got my LG G3.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

The UK has an insanely high iOS ratio. 

I only know very few people (closely enough to care) who use iOS at all. A good buddy uses it, but hates it and his next phone will be Android, and some guys I know is a total Apple man, just got the 6s and even has an apple watch... 

Also, when I attended RWTH Aachen, the computer science (and science in general) people would usually make fun of IT people who use iPhones and Macbooks...

Put it this way, among my less than tech-savy family apple products are extremely common, and without exception they complain about them, ask me to help and I only say "I don't know anything about Apple." (I actually do ofc, but I refuse to deal with products people should never buy, esp when I told them so in the first place.)

In fact, it's amusing because at my parents house, both my parents and my sister have iphone 5s's and literally cannot get service in the house to work, while every android device I have brought it works without a hitch.

On the other hand, I would be willing to claim that 9/10 of my fellow engineering friends are running Android (and the people who run Apple are literally all apple products with linux dual boots and windows VM's).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

In asia people are very "tech savvy", not really but they care about their tech. So they always go for the device with the most paper specs. Even shit like resolution people care about, even though honestly anythign more than HD or full HD is quite dumb for a 5 inch display. I'd say 70% of my peers and family uses android.

As for me im a black box kind of guy, I don't care whats inside but how the device functions.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

I'm a huge fan of iphone but only jailbroken which Is the first thing I do when I get a new one. I'm currently on 5s but must say iphones are way too overpriced :/ 

My friends are all Android lovers, as I am as well. For reasons such as customization, compatibility and performance. However pretty much everyone in my family has an IPhone / IPod, they like how simple they are, and that they don't have to worry about doing anything, that it usually just works. I used to have an IPhone 4, and I couldn't stand it- it was small, had tiny battery, and performed like crap, happiest day of my life was when I got my LG G3.

Part of the reason I am switching up is because of the screen because I used to have a 6 plus, now the 5s is just too small for me to stay on. 

personally i dont like ios, it locks you down too much, and forces you into their ecosystem.  google is becoming the same way, but i have managed to stay clear of it thus far. i like if there is something on my phone that i dont like, i can change it, doesnt matter what it is.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Most people I know own android phones but waant to buy iPhones... people see them as the best phones ever made here... petty...

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Pretty healthy mix in my world. I love iPhones because the company I work for pays my phone bill if I have a Windows or iOS device - so no Android love yet.

what job is that, hold a position for me. It's just a 5 yr wait.

Most people I know own android phones but waant to buy iPhones... people see them as the best phones ever made here... petty...

I had a similar discussion with a relative, people want to buy one because they have the notion of it's the best especially if they don't know much about phones or they prefer simplicity. I like simple stuff but it just bores me thats why I love switching between OS every now and then. 

The people I know, know next to nothing about either android or ios.

They are perfectly happy with whatever you give them. Heck my closest relative just use a dumb phone, because they don't use facebook, play games or whatever. They just want to use their phones, as a phone.

But if I had to say one or the other, I'd say Android. Because it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

me and my entire family all use Android (except my dad, he uses windows phone). i am a hardcore HTC fan and i always root my phones to flash custom ROMs and kernels.

i most definitely prefer android. i had a Iphone 4S, which i got because everybody seemed to love the thing back then, and i absolutely hated it.

tough to each their own i guess :P

Part of the reason I am switching up is because of the screen because I used to have a 6 plus, now the 5s is just too small for me to stay on. 

My mom and I both got new phones at the same time, she got the IPhone 5c, I got the G3. About 3 days after having our phones she asked to use mine for like 15 minutes. At the end of those 15 minutes she said "I should've gotten the same phone as you." Over 7 months later this is still true. :P

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

what job is that, hold a position for me. It's just a 5 yr wait.

Actually lots of jobs do that. If you work in a mid-sized company and are supposed to be available most of the time (at least in Germany) they will often times even provide a phone. 

My brother recently got the iPhone 6 and is super pissed, but they do cover 1GB LTE on the most expensive network and an all net flatrate. He works in sanitation/construction though, so he'd have preferred something like an S6 Active or Xperia for obvious reasons.

IOS due to the efficiency and speed of the software. (and you can keep them running fast)

Android.

However, iPhones have had a superior mixture of hardware (camera, build, screen, etc) up until last year and I find the apps on iOS to be better. While I don't like the grid of icons, 99% of my time is spent within apps and the App Store just has better ones.

Most of my colleagues are all pro-android and anti-apple.

Yet we are supporting a fleet of Invehicle ipads (for gps purposes and information), and are about to start supporting an entire fleet of iMacs when we merge with police so everyone always comes running to me with questions because im "the apple guy".

Note; Being branded "the apple guy" happened because I've got some apple hardware (that I got on the cheap) and have modified to suit all of my own needs, i.e. jailbroken iPh6, 24" iMac OC'd, partners macbook and a mac mini (bought for $40) running OSX server to power everything and bring extra functionality :)

I've also done some apple hardware repairs in my time.

The issue is people just assume apple products cant be modified or repaired :lol:

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350