Should we support AMD?

inb4 "Zen" reks all Intel CPUs...

not like it would matter with the amd head execs in charge they would dominate for a while until someone beat them again and same old story again... the amd core knows what they are doing but the people in charge well....... look how they are now

No, the way with consoles is the hardware goes to the lowest bidder, in this case it was AMD. Think about it, it was a desperate play for AMD in their time on ongoing crisis.

I know.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

How many years ago? lol :D

But yeah, it's a great Card!

6850 came out in 2010 - 2014 i was playing max settings in 85% of games :)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Instead of buying their product directly, buy some of their stock so they can be supported and if they succeed you get your money back.

Instead of buying their product directly, buy some of their stock so they can be supported and if they succeed you get your money back.

Considering the shorting we're seeing on AMD's stock, you probably don't get your money back.  

Considering the shorting we're seeing on AMD's stock, you probably don't get your money back.

If you were to invest, now is the time because it is so cheap right now. It's always a gamble taking out stocks.

If you were to invest, now is the time because it is so cheap right now. It's always a gamble taking out stocks.

And AMD is a bigger gamble than most....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Investments are always a gamle - nobody can say otherwise as nobody can guarantee that even the most successful company won't go belly up.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Nvidia can't have the full market due to US anti-trust laws, same goes for intel

That only applies to Nvidia buying other companies. If another competing company fails that doesn't mean that the Anti-Trust laws are in place. It means they can't raise their prices that is it.

Stupid thought?

Stupid thought.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

the guy that left DESIGNED it, the designing process was done so there was nothing left for him to do.

The same guy has done that to amd specifically before too. He comes, does pretty good things, throws his hands up in the air and I'm guessing spins in his office chair while screaming "NOW I'M BORED! IMA GO WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR A BIT TROLOLOLOL REKT NOOB PWN WIN" and time marches on. They have done some shuffling around so hopefully it's a win this time. I don't want to see them waiting this long again though....

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

So He fixes Zen, leaves amd, comes back when they're in the mud again, and makes cash ?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Since AMD is in a lot of trouble at the moment,

should we consider buying Radeon Graphics or AMD Processors, in order to support them back up, and boycut Nvidia a bit?

Because if AMD falls too low, Nvidia will own the market, and can possibly skyrocket its prices.

Stupid thought?

Can this happen? Why? Why not?

Please add your thoughts :lol:  :lol:

You shouldn't buy from a company because they are in trouble. you should buy stuff because it's good and you want it.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Hopefully they know what they're doing with Zen. 

should we consider buying Radeon Graphics or AMD Processors, in order to support them back up, and boycut Nvidia a bit?

Because if AMD falls too low, Nvidia will own the market, and can possibly skyrocket its prices.

Stupid thought?

Nope we shouldn't support them because they are giving us bad products.  Nvidia will ultimately buy them and start producing lower end cards under the Nvidia name.  Look, I'm no fan boy of Nvidia even though I'm sporting 2 Titan cards but AMD needs to step up there game with Zen and then they need to work on their GPU's.  The bottom line is, AMD seems to be spending so much time with Zen that they are lacking with their GPU's.  My 5960x will last forever most likely, and it runs cool whilst clocking pretty high.  Right now there are no AMD CPU's that can compare with anything other than an i5 and even then they hardly do so.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

no.

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

Nope we shouldn't support them because they are giving us bad products.  Nvidia will ultimately buy them and start producing lower end cards under the Nvidia name.  Look, I'm no fan boy of Nvidia even though I'm sporting 2 Titan cards but AMD needs to step up there game with Zen and then they need to work on their GPU's.  The bottom line is, AMD seems to be spending so much time with Zen that they are lacking with their GPU's.  My 5960x will last forever most likely, and it runs cool whilst clocking pretty high.  Right now there are no AMD CPU's that can compare with anything other than an i5 and even then they hardly do so.

AMD's GPUs are currently better than Nvidia with the exception of the Fury X and 980 Ti :o - Not sure where you've been the past month or two but for the past 3 years the single most powerful card has been the R9 295X2 and it's going to be the Fury X2 shortly.

Naw. 

I'd say AMD is more likely to get bought by....google or something than disappear.

And no way I'm buying stuff that I have always had problems with...just because.  

AMD aren't going anywhere - not the GPU department anyway. They hold 17%, Nvidia hold 23% and Intel hold 60% - Nvidia are in NO way dominating the entire GPU market.

AMD's GPUs are currently better than Nvidia with the exception of the Fury X and 980 Ti :o - Not sure where you've been the past month or two but for the past 3 years the single most powerful card has been the R9 295X2 and it's going to be the Fury X2 shortly.

Oh, sorry about that I totally forgot to add the detail about the 370, 380, and 390  being the best sweet spot cards xD woops!  Also I was comparing the Fury X to my Titan X and my awful experience with the Fury.  I put it in my LAN party case, there was nothing visibly wrong, I came back later and there was a split in the house so some water was getting out not much, but then right before my eyes the entire tube popped out of the fitting and it went all over my system.  That was a wasted 4790k, ROG Maximus Vii Impact, Wasted dominator plats, waste GPU and wasted storage because they were all fried

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Oh, sorry about that I totally forgot to add the detail about the 370, 380, and 390  being the best sweet spot cards xD woops!  Also I was comparing the Fury X to my Titan X and my awful experience with the Fury.  I put it in my LAN party case, there was nothing visibly wrong, I came back later and there was a split in the house so some water was getting out not much, but then right before my eyes the entire tube popped out of the fitting and it went all over my system.  That was a wasted 4790k, ROG Maximus Vii Impact, Wasted dominator plats, waste GPU and wasted storage because they were all fried

Bad luck man :/

Stupid thought?

I would say no - the fundamental principles of capitalism say you have to vote with your dollar and let the best product win.  If they go down due to their own failure, then so be it.

Of course Intel and nvidia running unopposed would be a problem, but as mentioned by others, anti-monopoly laws would prevent that.  I'm not sure how, but they would.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.